Himedia HD900B

sound and music

Himedia has just released HD900B with 1186 chipset and with lots of additional features than 600 series.

The model is not yet showing at their website but there are plenty of photos and details available on the net.

Someone contacted Raghu (of detna) today about its availability. He has tentatively quoted a price of Rs10.5K including shipping and delivery by 20th October or so for a minimum of 5 pre-orders. The final price will be worked out when the order is placed depending on exchange rate, etc.

I am interested in buying one piece. Are other forum members interested?

one of the websites i was just browsing through shows release date as 16th Oct. No news on the pricing yet.

so that would be comparable to xtreamer.net/xtreamer-prodigy-upgraded/ ?

I'm Interested.

Last edited:
I'd say wait till the product gets launched and the 1st shipments get dispatched.

Xtreamer and himedia were saying sep15th as release and ship date now postponed to OCT 15th . Possibility of postponing further is always on cards.

Wait and buy.

Thanks all for your positive response.

China's week-long national holiday will be soon over. Raghu will get back to us by Monday/Tuesday will more details.

thanks every body, detna web site has been updated with 4 different HIMEDIA HD900
models.please check for details.

Not sure what are the major advantages there except that BDRom without AA something? is there a cooling fan in it?

Another thing to be noted here , has any one tried to copy large data from external disc to internal using Himedia 600b? It over heats and hangs all the time, so go for one with the cooling fan.

Last edited:
Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice.

I think 900B model got cooling fan (seen from pictures) but anyway we should find out for all models.

also MEASY has come to with their latest ANDROID model X7 with 1Ghz ARM Cortex-A9 Processor, which is available in stock, according to their website.
enquired for more details,but not yet replied.
hope to get some information soon.
don't know how this compares with ANDROID dual bootable HiMedia HD900.

Measy is launching X9 next week with the 1186 chipset so likely to have similar features.

Kittu: what other things we should look out in 900 series, apart from cooling fan?

Does it support 3d? it has rtk1185 chipset which is same as himedia 600 version. The 900 comes with 1186 with hdmi 1.4.

Detna seems to be the only website having details of all 4 models of 900 series. A search on google with 900D returns only the detna site. Even the official himedia English site is not updated with the 900 series details.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back