Himedia HD900B

I have a Samsung C7000. I am in the process of getting myself a good AVR and speakers to pair with it, so i haven't tested the ARC feature yet. Can your D8000 pass-through DTS-MA audio tracks ?

I've downloaded some mkv's which are size of 10-20 gb 1080ps, they I think probably have DTS audio. In the sound output option of TV , I've to always change from PCM to DTS and for some Hindi movies to Dolby Digital.

Then the sound is amazing, I'm using toslink from TV to my denon for sound output and using wifi, dlna to play movies/music/pictures from pc.

I've downloaded some mkv's which are size of 10-20 gb 1080ps, they I think probably have DTS audio. In the sound output option of TV , I've to always change from PCM to DTS and for some Hindi movies to Dolby Digital.

Then the sound is amazing, I'm using toslink from TV to my denon for sound output and using wifi, dlna to play movies/music/pictures from pc.

I'm afraid that's probably just regular DTS. The newer HD audio formats are called DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD. And toslink cannot transfer HD audio tracks to your receiver. You should really try using the HDMI input of your TV marked ARC to connect to your receiver. That way audio from the TV is sent to the receiver over HDMI. HDMI can transfer pretty much any audio format and upto such high bitrates that it can even pass LPCM (uncompressed digital audio) upto 13 channles i think.

But the only question is whether our Samsung TVs can bitstream/passthrough HD audio over ARC. I remember reading somewhere that it can't. Which is where one of these media players like Himedia have an edge over the built in media player of our TV.

Can anyone advise what is the size of HDD this player can manage.

1. Can you put in 2TB hdd in the internal slot ?
2. Can the player easily read 2TB hdd via external USB connection ?
3. Does it accept both FAT32 and NTFS formatted disks ?

Thanx in advance !

baijuxavior;403572]1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes[/QUOTE]

Thanx baijuxavior & TheCoolestOne,

I missed to ask, what kind of HDD you can put inside ? Internal HDD of a Desktop or a Laptop ?

Also i read somewhere that HDD causes heat in 600 and device gets too warm, thus does 900 have a fan for cooling? Just curious as I intend to use it in Non AC environment.

Thanx in advance !

They support 3.5 inch HDD. HD600 had heating issues but it is not a big problem. I think the new ones have fan.

Yes, 900B has a fan.

I ordered a 3.5 inch, 3 tb segate baracuda 7200 RPM internal hdd from amazon after reading in multiple forums that it supports it.

After 1st install, it detected only 746 gb. Unfortunately, my home pc is 2007 model (dell inspiron 530S), OS upgraded to windows 7 home basic, 32 bit, so it seems that the mother board is not capable of managing hdd beyond 2 tb and even could not get the same formatted using segate disc vizard (segate software to manage hdd beyond 2 tb capacity). Still exprimenting with it with a laptop which detected it through sata port (hdd mounted on a docking station with sata and usb ports) and was able to create 2 partitions (2 tb and 746.5 gb) but now the problem faced is with regards to data transfer from an existing 1 tb wd goflex external hdd. Unable to do that through either ports. it gives some i/o related error.

So i guess, safe bet (for a non technical person like me) would be to install hdd upto 2 tb.

If anybody can suggest me a solution for the above problem, that would be really helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit

Update 19th Sept 2012:

Now I can confirm that the HD900B supports 3.5 inch 3tb hdd. After a lot of struggle, was able to crack the issue by following the steps below:

Drive formatted using Windows 7 64 bit OS through windows disk management
Single NTFS partition, selected 4kb sector as against default.

Have transferred around 1.5 tb media overnight and have checked it by installing the hdd into the media player.

Its working well....:yahoo:

Thx to one of the members on other forums who is using 4 tb hdd and i followed his steps.

Next project - Building YAMJ jukebox utility as I am using OllyP custom firmware on my player.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back