Hisense TVs India Price and availability - Blocked by Hisense!

Does anyone know when is Toshiba going to Launch U8080 QLED.I am in market for high end TV immediate purchase.Have Samsung 65Q70R & SONY 659500G in sight.I think Should be able to save about 40K if not more with Toshiba,any price guesses guys.I can wait for a week or so but not more.

Many forums believe it's similar to H9G. I am not so sure though.
Toshiba U8080 is indeed Hisense H9G just look at the pictures of both the sets and they are completely same from backside. In front I believe Toshiba just added some soundbar at the bottom. But Toshiba U7980 is last years H8F as Hisense themselves are launching Q7F in India that is same as US H8G. Hisense wouldn't want to cannibalize it's own sale by launching same H8G model through Hisense and also Toshiba

can you please share the link where it has been mentioned that the launch is delayed.a friend of mine has already purchased U7980.so there must be some good reason Toshiba decided not to launch U8080 anytime soon
can you please share the link where it has been mentioned that the launch is delayed.a friend of mine has already purchased U7980.so there must be some good reason Toshiba decided not to launch U8080 anytime soon
Can you please share what he thinks about the tv? Also if your from Mumbai, can you tell where are the authorized service centres for these tvs..i wanna check the ratings of after sale support.

Can you please share what he thinks about the tv? Also if your from Mumbai, can you tell where are the authorized service centres for these tvs..i wanna check the ratings of after sale support.
The tv is on pre order on reliance with expected shipping delivery from 29th aug.if you want i will post his feedback once he receives the tv.I dont have any info about service center.may be you can contact toshiba or reliance to find out.

I am also waiting for the Toshiba U8080 a.k.a H9G. If priced under a lakh then I will seriously consider buying it. They will launch it soon. Because, they are advertising it as a made in India product. @Rane-2020 Request you to share any feedback/review regarding the performance, product Quality from your friend. Thanks
Screenshot_20200826-044830_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I am also waiting for the Toshiba U8080 a.k.a H9G. If priced under a lakh then I will seriously consider buying it. They will launch it soon. Because, they are advertising it as a made in India product. @Rane-2020 Request you to share any feedback/review regarding the performance, product Quality from your friend. Thanks
View attachment 49007
Had mailed them day before yesterday regarding u8080, still no reply. If they take so much time for a general query I can imagine the pain with after sales support...still will wait today for a response

What I want to ask you guys is that if I am not comfortable with sharing my login or for that matter any credentials with hisense(toshiba) through its vidaa os like Google login etc. How should I proceed? Can taking a streaming device handicap it's data mining capabilities? Or is it better to make another gmail account/Facebook account and shift all the ott login through that account or a combination of both!?

View attachment 49007
sure i will post his feedback

sure i will post his feedback
How was your friend able to purchase the 7980?
I've been checking the website since the last 1 week and it doesn't show a preorder button on that listing.
I called Reliance too and they said that they still don't know when that TV will be available for sale.

How was your friend able to purchase the 7980?
I've been checking the website since the last 1 week and it doesn't show a preorder button on that listing.
I called Reliance too and they said that they still don't know when that TV will be available for sale.
yes he ordered few days back i think around 15-16th.fun fact i also added it same day and its still showing me in the cart.check the screenshot.

But if i check in the incognito mode there is no button for preorder

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-26 at 1.48.03 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-26 at 1.48.03 PM.png
    352.6 KB · Views: 57
yes he ordered few days back i think around 15-16th.fun fact i also added it same day and its still showing me in the cart.check the screenshot.

But if i check in the incognito mode there is no button for preorder
Damn, must have missed it by just a few days. Hope it comes back in stock soon.

What I want to ask you guys is that if I am not comfortable with sharing my login or for that matter any credentials with hisense(toshiba) through its vidaa os like Google login etc. How should I proceed? Can taking a streaming device handicap it's data mining capabilities? Or is it better to make another gmail account/Facebook account and shift all the ott login through that account or a combination of both!?
It's better to use external streaming device like Amazon Fire Stick 4K, PS, XBOX or Nvidia Shield if you want to avoid the Televisions interface. Also it's better to keep your TV offline(I mean don't connect it directly through it's interface instead through any HDMI source) because manufacturers are known to nerf PQ of the set over years because of bad optimization. Improving PQ over the air is never going to yield better result than TV coming out of factories having some sort of calibration done physically.

All Specs looks good except Ram & Rom only 1.5gb & 4gb, if you guys login to Samsung website and check the feedback for frame 2020 same issue they wouldn't even be able to install any more apps from the play store you just need to keep in mind before buying :(
even the base models of most budget TV's come with 2gb & 16gb.

It's better to use external streaming device like Amazon Fire Stick 4K, PS, XBOX or Nvidia Shield if you want to avoid the Televisions interface. Also it's better to keep your TV offline(I mean don't connect it directly through it's interface instead through any HDMI source) because manufacturers are known to nerf PQ of the set over years because of bad optimization. Improving PQ over the air is never going to yield better result than TV coming out of factories having some sort of calibration done physically.
Sorry but didn't get the second part...what you mean by offline means using a streaming device right...and when you mean the nerf the pq does that mean that successive updates hamper the picture quality? Confused

All Specs looks good except Ram & Rom only 1.5gb & 4gb, if you guys login to Samsung website and check the feedback for frame 2020 same issue they wouldn't even be able to install any more apps from the play store you just need to keep in mind before buying :(
even the base models of most budget TV's come with 2gb & 16gb.
Shouldn't be a problem since the vidaa 3.0 is a lightweight os. Optimised with limited selection...you don't have that kind of choice. You could get a good streaming box if ram is an issue for you

Shouldn't be a problem since the vidaa 3.0 is a lightweight os. Optimised with limited selection...you don't have that kind of choice. You could get a good streaming box if ram is an issue for you
I wish it also had HDMI 2.1 with eArc support!

Sorry but didn't get the second part...what you mean by offline means using a streaming device right...and when you mean the nerf the pq does that mean that successive updates hamper the picture quality? Confused
Yes you got it right. If you go online through your television set you can't bypass automatic updates and in most cases than not the updates degrades the picture quality, messing with local dimming algorithm. You can still use online services but just through TV OS but with some external streaming device connected through HDMI port.
Watch this as an example. There are tons of posts and videos talking about updates degrading their sets picture quality. Planned obsolescence is a thing in electronics industries.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back