Home theater 5.1 system finalization ~50k

sound_maestro

Hi All
I am now in Kochin and looking for a decent sound budget system,since computer audio systems fail to impress me anymore.My main need is for music which is encoded in 5.1 format(ac3).I will play them from computer and pass it on to receiver via HDMI, at times some computer games(FPS). I would rather have a system all be ready now since infusing funds would be difficult in future for this project.I like floor standing speakers and could use a receiver which has USB in front and ARC ,other things like (network,WiFi,Airplay,3D,pandora,Spotify more than 3HDMI in etc) are useless for me.My impression is Yamaha receivers are a better than Denon(also warranty is in Chennai),marantz is good for Music but expensive.

Going over the various valuable threads for speakers under 75k ,50k and 45k here is what I found to be good,unfortunately they are difficult to audition here.I am thinking of using the upcoming trip to Chennai to try and buy speakers and receivers.Is there a single place where all this can be listened to?

1. Yamaha 299 - almost impossible to find but about 35k and sounds good or if I am lucky a used system.
  2. Yamaha 375 + Jamo Jamo S626 HCS3 --> They seem good as per the forum
  3. Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1 + DENON X-500 5.1 for 38K
  4. Aj 5.0 for about 35k and a used receiver stretching it to 60k

Any more to look at or consider?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback.

Are you saying JAMO S626 is better than Andrew jones?I have then read the forum wrong. And will it sound significantly better than Yamaha 299 package?

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback.

Are you saying JAMO S626 is better than Andrew jones?I have then read the forum wrong. And will it sound significantly better than Yamaha 299 package?

it's way better than AJ & Yamaha 299 mate. you should not compare yamaha satellites with floor standing speakers.

Yamaha was alright for movies but lacks in music with those satellites and ofcourse, the sub was also little weak for music.

Jamo 626 > AJ > Boston XS 5.1 > yamaha 299

it's way better than AJ & Yamaha 299 mate. you should not compare yamaha satellites with floor standing speakers.

Yamaha was alright for movies but lacks in music with those satellites and ofcourse, the sub was also little weak for music.

Jamo 626 > AJ > Boston XS 5.1 > yamaha 299

That cleared up a lot of things. Do you happen to have the price of jamo 626?I have a strong feeling its beyond my budget. In this good comparison you provided do you know where Wharfdale MS-100,Wharfedale DX-1HCP(I read DX1 is a bit better thann MS-100) and Polk TL1600 falls in?I think Dx1>MS-100 >Polk TL100?

Could you provide me with some indications about receivers as well?I think
Yamaha>Denon>Pioneer, is it?

Last edited:
That cleared up a lot of things. Do you happen to have the price of jamo 626?I have a strong feeling its beyond my budget. In this good comparison you provided do you know where Wharfdale MS-100,Wharfedale DX-1HCP(I read DX1 is a bit better thann MS-100) and Polk TL1600 falls in?I think Dx1>MS-100 >Polk TL100?

Could you provide me with some indications about receivers as well?I think
Yamaha>Denon>Pioneer, is it?

I heard all of them which you mentioned in the first post. so, i gave my personal rating out of them accordingly. But, i don't know about wharfedale mate. :(

I never heard them to compare, you can find lot of information about them in forums.. But i feel the order which you gave was correct.

Again you are comparing low end to medium range speakers (like satellite vs floor standing speakers) MS 100 to DX 1? , & ofcourse DX 1 sound better compared to the MS 100. No idea about Polk at all.

AVR's

Straight away ignore pioneer mate. either go for yamaha, denon or onkyo if you have more budget go for Marantz.

My personal pref will be Yamaha. why? becz i saw lot of members faced prbs with onkyo and denon. (comparing all the entry levels AVR's only). yamaha would be anyday better in entry level, out of all.

Jamo S626 HCS3

Shop for Jamo S626 Home Cinema System Speaker, Dark Apple at Reliance Digital

Expect 10 to 15 % discount on MRP.

why don't you consider Yamaha RX V 377 + Pioneer fs 52 for now, That will cost around 48k or 50k.

As you are in cochin, go for hifilinks, our forum members got them for a very good price from hifilinks.

and forgot to mention Jamo S426 HCS3, it was also a good 5.0 speaker set for 27k, audition them in Reliance digital.

Start audition and decide yourself :)

Last edited:
I made a quick call to place in Cochin including Hifilinks and the prices quoted were:
Andrew Jones 5.1:~54k
yamaha 477:~45k
Denon x500:~30 k
denon x1000:~41
DX1: 63k
Wharfdale MS 100:38k
jamo 426 scs3: 30K (Sub another 25k)

There are no places to audition :(

I made a quick call to place in Cochin including Hifilinks and the prices quoted were:
Andrew Jones 5.1:~54k
yamaha 477:~45k
Denon x500:~30 k
denon x1000:~41
DX1: 63k
Wharfdale MS 100:38k
jamo 426 scs3: 30K (Sub another 25k)

There are no places to audition :(

like i said before, they are all mrp prices mate. you will get 10 to 15% discount on them.

contact http://www.hifivision.com/members/sujithblaze.html

he might help you and can audition AJ speakers at his place. ;)

Back