Home Theater under 17K

manish mundra

Hi,
I am planning to buy a new Home Theater for my bedroom. Am looking to spend about 10-15k on it. Can someone please suggest which one to go for. I would use it mostly for movies.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers....

No reply yet..... Is there anyone who can suggest something. I had a look at Philips HTS5530, LG HT924 and a Sony one which was 1000RMS. Please suggest which one to go for. Or any other suggestion please....

Manish I would suggest that you should buy a nice AMP first and also Nice Bookshelves of wharfdale . You can always add up any nice speakers In rears and center . Also you might Consider Logitech's 5.1 Believe me they are really good .

well to start with if you are looking for an HTIB within 15k i would suggest to increase it a bit by 3-4 k as we get cpl of good options for you.

1.) philips 3571 ( most recommended entry level htib)
2.) onkyo 3100 ( was close to 21k now will be able to get for 18k i bought one for 19k few months back) + dvd player

3.)dvd player with optical/coax out with logitech z-5500

philips = 17k odd 500k-+
onkyo = 18k odd 500-+
logi = 15.5 (hyd quote 2 days back)

hmm - I have a 3100 lying unused due to space constraints. I thought I would put it up in the bedroom but do not have space. I think I shall put it up for sale. Clicking pics would be a pain though.

Philips HTS 3571 is d best i feel. I saw that it has an 8" subwoofer with 'double bass' technology for great bass. And a host of other features too !

yeah manish have a look at that sale.. probably 14k u are getting the best deal for philips along with warranty as it is just few days old.

Hai Manish,
I think you may consider Logitech Z-5500 (505 w rms, 5.1 channel, in-built Dolby & Dts decoting amp. and above all ti is THX certified)
and, a Pioneer 420K DVD player.

The combination of the above two will blow U away.
Subhasish....

Hi, if you are looking for a HTiB specifically, and that too in this price range, the Philips 5530 is a good option(3571 is previous year's model apparently, does not feature on their website also now). It's very good looking and has great sound. The LG 924 is also quite decent, but I recently bought the 5530 mainly because of the looks :) The only problem with Philips is the service, it sucks big time, I had to follow up a lot even for the installation, and later when I was facing a minor problem of one particular DVD not playing. If you can live with these irritants, go with Philips, or go for the LG 924, at least service will never be an issue.

anurag.. congs for ur purchase.. but please do not suggest anyone on basis of looks...
also i understand u might have had a bad experience.
anyone can buy anything if looks were taken into consideration as a matter of fact and
we wud not had this community.

Hi, I guess I should have been clearer. I did check out all available HTiBs in this price range, and found 5530 to be better in looks, as well as sound, than 3571. It's also a newer model, I checked the Philips website, 3571 is no longer mentioned there. So my option was between the 924 and this, and I chose this because it had better looks(had no issues with the sound of the LG model). Am perfectly happy with the performance of the HTS, just faced a couple of bad installation/service problems, so mentioned those honestly. Was just sharing my experience since my budget/requirements(and doubts) were the same, and had just bought this HTS 3 weeks ago for 15.5K. Sorry, can't speak in technical terms because am not qualified :)

i appreciate your choice for philips and more over it u liked the sound of it..
i never meant to be rude just that if someone is looking for an htib we should help
him get the best sound out of his precious money.

Hi,

Thank you all so much for the input. Now i have zeroed my choice between Philips Philips HTS5530 and Logitech Z-5500. I have had a demo of Philips but now of the other.
I do have a DVD player, hence was wondering spending on just speakers(Z-500) is smart than spending on speaker+player(Philips 55030). What do you guys suggest. And can anyone please let me know how much do i need to shell out if i wanna buy Z-500 and where can i buy it in Hyderabad.

Thank you so much guys.

Onkyo 3100 was for just 16999 INR on Last Sunday in eZone Vashi. I think its a good deal. But I believe other persons can guide you very well regarding this.

Regards

manish i am in hyd near kukatpally.. also another member THEVNK auditioned them at my place and bought them.. if you can travel down.. u are welcome to my place for an audition and probably then u can decide between philips and z-5500..

pm me if u wish to come for a demo for z-5500

my no is 9885995309
aman

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back