Home Theatre below 25k - Group Buy

NOw can anyone answer my query?
I will post the first impressions later. The bass is real boomy. In fact too boomy for my taste.

^^^
Turn off the double bass function and one more bass centric function (can't remember the exact name).

FOr your other query, to get the multichannel audio you need to connect your oplay using optical or HDMI but i guess there is only one way to connect the AVR to TV and thats HDMI. So it seems you are out of luck.

Connect the HDMI from your AVR to the TV and then connect the oplay using optical and some other video out.

Both ways, you'll miss something.

I'd suggest you to buy one more HDMI and get out of this mess.

Gadgetcrazy: No solution. I also had the same problem (only 1 HDMI cable). I tried connecting my BD Player to the AVR via HDMI, and then the AVR to the TV via composite video, and neither the video nor the audio would play. I have hooked it up with analog connections till I buy a second HDMI cable.

NOw can anyone answer my query?
I will post the first impressions later. The bass is real boomy. In fact too boomy for my taste.
Turn off Audyssey. Its ON by default.

On remote press RECEIVER followed by SETUP.
Scroll to "Audio Adjust" and select it.
Then scroll to "Audyssey". Set it to OFF.
See page 34 of the manual.

This much setting is enough to kill boomy bass.

Last edited:
FOr your other query, to get the multichannel audio you need to connect your oplay using optical or HDMI but i guess there is only one way to connect the AVR to TV and thats HDMI. So it seems you are out of luck.
That's not correct. You can connect your TV via the other analog outputs too.

Connect the HDMI from your AVR to the TV and then connect the oplay using optical and some other video out.

Gadgetcrazy: No solution. I also had the same problem (only 1 HDMI cable). I tried connecting my BD Player to the AVR via HDMI, and then the AVR to the TV via composite video, and neither the video nor the audio would play. I have hooked it up with analog connections till I buy a second HDMI cable.

Read page 19 of the manual.
For video signals:-
"When choosing a connection format, bear in mind that the AV receiver doesnt convert between formats, so only outputs of the same format as the input will output the signal."

Which means if your video signal goes IN the receiver via HDMI it would go OUT of it via HDMI only. Similarly for component & composite formats. No cross connection.

clipboard011.png

Last edited:
Turn off Audyssey. Its ON by default.
This has been discussed before.

On remote press RECEIVER followed by SETUP.
Scroll to "Audio Adjust" and select it.
Then scroll to "Audyssey". Set it to OFF.
See page 34 of the manual.

This much setting is enough to kill boomy bass.

Thanks. Shall do.

Which means if your video signal goes IN the receiver via HDMI it would go OUT of it via HDMI only. Similarly for component & composite formats. No cross connection.
Thanks for the clarification. However that raises another question. I have a POHD, a DTH box and a DVD player. POHD has a HDMI out while the other 2 do not. What do I do?
Connect the AVR via both HDMI and composite/ component to the TV?
Also for audio, do I need to connect POHD to AVR using optical also or does HDMI takes care of it?

I guess the picture you have poste explains a part of my query that I have raised in the above post. Can you clarify the other parts?
Also what is the best way to order an HDMI cable online. Tough for me to go to Nehru place even which is hardly 20 minutes from my place.

Last edited:
^^^
Turn off the double bass function and one more bass centric function (can't remember the exact name).

I ll order a HDMI cable soon. There is a component out from the AVR so that is not a problem but to get full potential I will need a HDMI cable.
Did you get yours?

Thanks for the clarification. However that raises another question. I have a POHD, a DTH box and a DVD player. POHD has a HDMI out while the other 2 do not. What do I do?
Connect the AVR via both HDMI and composite/ component to the TV?

You case is a mixture for video formats.
To guide you better tell me what kind of inputs your TV has and what kind of outputs does your POHD, DTH box and DVD player have and how many of them.

Also for audio, do I need to connect POHD to AVR using optical also or does HDMI takes care of it?
If your POHD can send audio though HDMI (pass through) then HDMI will take care of it, otherwise not.

Last edited:
Will post pictures of rear panels of both my TV, DTH box, DVD player and POHD in the evening. To be honest I am not much of an expert and dont know even the difference between component and composite apart from a thousand other things.

Last edited:
In your case it seems the only device with HDMI output is your POHD, and if it doesn't handle HD audio then you may not need another HDMI cable.
Not only HD audio, even multichannel audio won't work on analog connections provided by POHD. He either needs a new HDMi cable or at least an optical cable to get the multichannel audio.

Not only HD audio, even multichannel audio won't work on analog connections provided by POHD. He either needs a new HDMi cable or at least an optical cable to get the multichannel audio.
If POHD doesn't support HD audio another HDMI is absolutely not required. (This discussion is regarding whether he needs another "HDMI" cable or not, which he specifically asked).

If he doesn't have a optical or coaxial cable (which he didn't mention), he needs to procure one, but not HDMI.

If POHD doesn't support HD audio another HDMI is absolutely not required. (This discussion is regarding whether he needs another "HDMI" cable or not, which he specifically asked).

If he doesn't have a optical or coaxial cable (which he didn't mention), he needs to procure one, but not HDMI.
Two things:
1) An optical cable is costlier than an HDMI cable.
2) You are simply ignoring the fact that there is a multichannel audio (DTS, DD 5.1) as well, other than normal stereo and HD audio.
If the POHD doesn't support the HD Audio, why would the owner be barred of having access to the multichannel audio, at least ?

Seems like you are confusing multichannel with HD audio.

Its like Stereo < 5.1 multichannel (DTS, DD) < HD Audio (DTS MA, DTHD)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back