How Good/Bad is Micromax Micromax 40T2820FHD?

Amitkg

Hi,
I want to buy a 40" FHD LED TV for my drawing room. I've found this Micromax 40T2820FHD on Flipkart Buy Micromax 40T2820FHD 101 cm (40) LED TV Online at Best Prices In India | Flipkart.com

Price is really tempting! Any feedback for Micromax LED TVs in general and for Micromax 40T2820FHD in particular. I intend to use it for SD (Tata Sky) viewing and for watching movies, mostly Full-HD movies from my HTPC.

So, please give your feedback on the product and service :) :) :)

Thanks,
Amit

Last edited:
Hi

To be honest no first hand experience with any MicroMax products but if you have seen through the years, there is a lot of stiff competition in the market in terms of TVs and mobile phones...many are venturing to make a good business and ofcourse profit.....

If I were you, I would stick with more stable known companies in the Market like Sony, Panasonic, Toshiba, Onida, Videocon, Philips, LG, Samsung, VU etc.....

The key is to go to a electronics store like Vijay Sales / Croma etc and see different TVs showing the same channel side by side to help you to shortlist a few models within your decided budget range...decide first what size, features, connectivity options etc you would like to have in a TV. The most imp is warranty...see who offers better customer service and after sales service....a simple google search will yield results on complaints against brands or certain models of TVs.....

If purchasing online, ensure that 'manufacturer's warranty' is clearly mentioned and not seller's warranty....today a lot of sellers or rather small dealers use online portals to sell products and most don't offer the actual warranty so please tread carefully!

All the best...trust your eyes and ears....view the TVs in all angles before finalising the required brand / model

Hi,
I want to buy a 40" FHD LED TV for my drawing room. I've found this Micromax 40T2820FHD on Flipkart Buy Micromax 40T2820FHD 101 cm (40) LED TV Online at Best Prices In India | Flipkart.com

Price is really tempting! Any feedback for Micromax LED TVs in general and for Micromax 40T2820FHD in particular. I intend to use it for SD (Tata Sky) viewing and for watching movies, mostly Full-HD movies from my HTPC.

So, please give your feedback on the product and service :) :) :)

Thanks,
Amit

There is an other 50 inch for 35K from Flipkart.... Usually all companies give 1 yr as standard warranty.. Check with Micromax if they offer extended warranty for an other 2 yrs..... If they have that option, then you are safe for atleast 3 years.....

There was also this 55 inch VU model for 52K in Flipkart with offers :eek:hyeah: which had 4 HDMI Inputs...

I have been very recently wooed by Micromax televisions, if all goes well, planning to get the 50 inch for my Mom...

As far as LED's are concerned, most of the budget models are EDGE LED (or) Direct LED... The much expensive one's are the ones with Micro Dimming/Local Dimming....

Regarding servicing no idea.... You need to backup yourself & follow-up with them if you don't get a prompt response.....

Check with Micromax if they offer extended warranty for an other 2 yrs..... If they have that option, then you are safe for atleast 3 years.....

According to my experience, in most cases the problem with these flat panel TV's surfaces only after 3 years.

I had a samsung 46 inch full HD LCD..went bad after 2 years..had to sell it as scrap for 10K...in this case it was a screen issue and replacement cost was too high.

Now I got a panasonic plasma only because it offered 3 years warranty. After one year i had issues with tv not switching on...they replaced some motherboard kind of thing for free.

Now after two years..I have the same problem. Same guy came yesterday and said same problem as last year and said since you have three years warranty, he will again replace for free.

Hence if you are not an audio/videofile but just a lay man...do check out micromax and unless it is really bad...feel free to spend 20K for a 40 inch TV, use it for 2 years and throw it away. Much better than spending 60-70K for a Samsung or Sony.

This is not to say that we should not buy quality products...but if the cost of repair is prohibitive...better buy a TV that is 80% as good as Samsung/Sony and throw it after two years.

my two cents;)

During diwali sale ..this micromax had 3000 off for old CRt, 10% off on citibank credit card and 4-5% off on pennyful and the final amount was a mouth watering 17-18K...but family voted against a second TV and hence stuck with old CRT for now :(

Last edited:
According to my experience, in most cases the problem with these flat panel TV's surfaces only after 3 years.

Yeah right.... What i meant was at-least you get some peace of mind for 3 yrs...

Once you are out of the extended warranty, i think companies make you a depreciated if they are not able to get the spares....

Why not check out toshiba who offer led tvs with 3 year warranty. Some time back there was quite a buzz on it on HFV. I would never buy a micromax led tv as i really had a horrible experience with them when it comes to mobiles. My phone is rotting in the service center for more than 2 months. Hoping to get it some day:rolleyes:. However no feedback for tvs though. I feel go in for a brand which offers you picture quality and features that you really really need and offering max warranty. Looking at the rate at which led tvs get spoilt its really hard to say which product will last for long, but having warranty will keep you safe for atleast 3 years!

Why not check out toshiba who offer led tvs with 3 year warranty. Some time back there was quite a buzz on it on HFV. I would never buy a micromax led tv as i really had a horrible experience with them when it comes to mobiles. My phone is rotting in the service center for more than 2 months. Hoping to get it some day:rolleyes:. However no feedback for tvs though. I feel go in for a brand which offers you picture quality and features that you really really need and offering max warranty. Looking at the rate at which led tvs get spoilt its really hard to say which product will last for long, but having warranty will keep you safe for atleast 3 years!

Toshiba offers 3 yrs warranty on only selected models....

I own a Micromax Canvas 4 for lil more than a year and i too had an issue & it was fixed by their service center in 10 days.... Post that i received a call from Gurgaon office regarding feedback about their service.... So that is a hint of how serious they are in the market....

We don't know if they might act on our feedback, but at-least that gives us the confidence abt the brand....

Its surprising that ththey provided such a service to one person and not to the other. I emailed their Customer Care and tried helplines nearly 5-6 times. But no one bothered. I still have my posts on twitter and facebook and also some emails to which i havent recieved any reply. It was a nightmare for me. However i have just recieved my product yesterday from the service center and my backlight buttons no longer seem to fuction the way they used to. Anyway if micromax is really wanting to create a big name they have to try and improve service. Atleast i would like them to raise standards as far as service centers are concerned. You can find so many complaints online regarding their service. I can say that they manufacture good products but dont seem to have good service backup.

Its surprising that ththey provided such a service to one person and not to the other. I emailed their Customer Care and tried helplines nearly 5-6 times. But no one bothered. I still have my posts on twitter and facebook and also some emails to which i havent recieved any reply. It was a nightmare for me. However i have just recieved my product yesterday from the service center and my backlight buttons no longer seem to fuction the way they used to. Anyway if micromax is really wanting to create a big name they have to try and improve service. Atleast i would like them to raise standards as far as service centers are concerned. You can find so many complaints online regarding their service. I can say that they manufacture good products but dont seem to have good service backup.

Do they really manufacture ??? I always thought they had the phones contract manufactured by Chinese companies.

Do they really manufacture ??? I always thought they had the phones contract manufactured by Chinese companies.

I think most of the Micromax's phones are manufactured in China...I read somewhere that they have a manufacturing plant in India (Himachal Pradesh)...Not sure if it is for TV (or) mobile...

I think most of the Micromax's phones are manufactured in China...I read somewhere that they have a manufacturing plant in India (Himachal Pradesh)...Not sure if it is for TV (or) mobile...

Phones were contract manufactured. The Chinese companies design the phone and everything and XYZ company goes and order 2000 phones with customized logo. In this case Micromax. That's the model out of China. ZXY company also used to order the same phone with different Logo.

Micromax did not own any manufacturing plant in China. In India I guess they have an assembling plant for tablets, which I am not so sure of from when and where.

Regarding the TVs, I will go with a better brand than Micromax even if available at a slightly higher price.

Regarding the TVs, I will go with a better brand than Micromax even if available at a slightly higher price.

At the moment there is any other brand which offers 50 inch Direct LED TV for lil more higher price than Micromax (35K)... VU was an other brand to offer 50 inch Edge Lit LED around 50K mark...The biggest brand & closest price for a 50 inch was Philips which is around 55 ~ 60K...

There is nothing around 40K mark for a 50 inch TV....

The pricing is too tempting that it might make sense for some to take the risks and pains of poor A.S.S.

At the moment there is any other brand which offers 50 inch Direct LED TV for lil more higher price than Micromax (35K)... VU was an other brand to offer 50 inch Edge Lit LED around 50K mark...The biggest brand & closest price for a 50 inch was Philips which is around 55 ~ 60K...

There is nothing around 40K mark for a 50 inch TV....

Buddy I was considering Philips, but not in 50 inches, but in 40.

The actual problem for me is that I don't have a first hand experience ? I could be wrong too.

In other brands I was able to test the TVs in shops in Chennai, but MMX, somebody can guide.If there are some MMx Tvs in some retail shops, then I would really test them and give my comments.

Regarding the ASS part, those who buy have to test and comment:D

Do note, even nominal black uniformity issue is too visible for me eyes in my 950A. God forbid, I was cribbing and my other pals where awe struck by the PQ:eek:

Buddy I was considering Philips, but not in 50 inches, but in 40.

The actual problem for me is that I don't have a first hand experience ? I could be wrong too.

In other brands I was able to test the TVs in shops in Chennai, but MMX, somebody can guide.If there are some MMx Tvs in some retail shops, then I would really test them and give my comments.

Regarding the ASS part, those who buy have to test and comment:D

Do note, even nominal black uniformity issue is too visible for me eyes in my 950A. God forbid, I was cribbing and my other pals where awe struck by the PQ:eek:

Hmmm... Me too neither have first hand experience.... I have noticed their 32 inch TV in sealed boxes... But the problem with small time retailer in towns is that he wouldn't offer a demo & would expect you to buy it if he offered a demo :eek:hyeah: ....

Anyways will keep an eye on this product & try to demo them... Reliance Digital & Tata Croma are good places to demo a TV.. If it is aval there, will give a try....

20K for a 40 inch TV...how much more can we expect?

Yeah right... The TV listed in Flipkart is not updated in MMX TV website.... The sad part is you can't find enough technical details....

Yesterday I saw 40 inch Micromax side by side with Samsung at Spencer. Very little difference in picture quality. Also SD content did not look bad, actually quite OK.

Was tempted since they were offering interest free EMI but decided to do more research and then buy.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back