I have been struggling to get Atmos on Amazon Firetv stick. Below are settings:
1. Amazon 4k firetv stick
2. ACT 150Mbps broadband
3. FireTV stick connected to Damson series2 Home theatre with Atmos support
4. Output of Damson connected to Sony LeD 55 inch x9000f
5. Tried Prime ‘jack ryan’ and ‘ carnival row’ also tried netflix

Prime videos play in 4k but only sound option is stereo or dolby digital +
Netflix plays in dolby vision

Also does anyone know if this sony model support Atmos over arc and if yes the settings

Did you connect your firestick 4K to to your receiver? If it's connected to your TV then your TV would not be able to send atmos signals to your receiver.

Also make sure the content you are playing has Dolby Atmos track. Not every content in Netflix and Amazon prime has Atmos track. Jack Ryan season 2 is not in Atmos though season 1 had Atmos track.

Hi guys can also help me? I don't seem to be getting any sound from the rear speakers on Netflix and Amazon. But the other three speakers work 2 loud speaker and centre (5.1) setup. When I play youtube surround sound videos or use the Cd player on 5.1, it works perfectly. Im using a LG c9 TV, Onkyo TxDs 676 AVR (Its got dolby and dolby digital) and my surround sound is hooked to the amp. I am using an ULTRA HD account on Netflix

Hi guys can also help me? I don't seem to be getting any sound from the rear speakers on Netflix and Amazon. But the other three speakers work 2 loud speaker and centre (5.1) setup. When I play youtube surround sound videos or use the Cd player on 5.1, it works perfectly. Im using a LG c9 TV, Onkyo TxDs 676 AVR (Its got dolby and dolby digital) and my surround sound is hooked to the amp. I am using an ULTRA HD account on Netflix

which device you use for watching netflix and amazon?
How have you connected your TV & AVR?

@bpranay - Im using my LG C9 smart Oled Tv. Ive connected the TV and AVR through an optical cable
Do you get Dolby Digital+ sign on your AVR display? what does the AVR show while playing prime & netflix?
Also please check about the signal info on your AVR whether it's getting DD or not.
It should not be a problem. Try using ARC if your AVR is equipped with ARC feature. C9 already has eARC i suppose. This is way hdmi out from your AVR to TV will carry the sound signals back to AVR.

Do you get Dolby Digital+ sign on your AVR display? what does the AVR show while playing prime & netflix?
Also please check about the signal info on your AVR whether it's getting DD or not.
It should not be a problem. Try using ARC if your AVR is equipped with ARC feature. C9 already has eARC i suppose. This is way hdmi out from your AVR to TV will carry the sound signals back to AVR.
@bpranay Unfortunately I have a very old amp Onkyo Tx-DS676 - https://www.cnet.com/products/onkyo-onkyo-tx-ds676/ , so ARC is not possible with it. The signals I get are DTS decoder, Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic

Last edited:
Hope you have the top end subscription for Netflix which cost you around INR850/month. Only that package support 4k and atmos

The firetv stick is directly connected to the AV receiver. Have raised an Amazon support ticket. Waiting to hear back

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back