How to play mkv file on Sony Bravia LED tv-a guide

now i'm thinking to buy a media player. Tell me if asus o play mini can play multiple partitions of external hard disk. I'm thinking to partition hard disk in FAT32 and NTFS. FAT32 so that I can also play it in HX850/ps3 and NTFS where I can put bigger files. Also let me know if o play mini is at par with wd live in terms of picture quality as it is the utmost thing or any better option.

Last edited:
Hi

I am trying to mux one of the MKV movie file but got this message. Not sure if this is an error. The software let me to go ahead and convert the file. I am yet to see it on Sony ex 420.

I got the same message for my other file also and I could not run that file on ex420. So I am guessing I may not be able to run this file as well on 420.

Pls help me out here.

Thanks.

Attachments

• YSMUXER - message.jpg
    YSMUXER - message.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 74
Generally this error occurs for incompatible tracks in mkv file..video /audio or subtitle tracks..please post mediainfo of the mkv file.

Download and install this..MediaInfo - Download
Open the mkv file using it..then View-->Text..copy the text and paste it here.

here is the text....pls help me out here..

General
Unique ID : 235470813578372991492318237331456663758 (0xB126077270E65B8BB00479343D4E20CE)
Complete name : D:\____\Movies\Chinese.Zodiac.2012.1080p\chinese.zodiac.2012.1080p.bluray.dts.x264-publichd.mkv
Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 4 / Version 2
File size : 11.2 GiB
Duration : 2h 2mn
Overall bit rate : 13.0 Mbps
Encoded date : UTC 2013-03-08 04:28:18
Writing application : mkvmerge v6.0.0 ('Coming Up For Air') built on Jan 20 2013 09:52:00
Writing library : libebml v1.3.0 + libmatroska v1.4.0

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 5 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate : 11.3 Mbps
Nominal bit rate : 12.0 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 804 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.40:1
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 24.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.304
Stream size : 9.67 GiB (86%)
Writing library : x264 core 129 r2230 1cffe9f
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:-3:-3 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=12 / lookahead_threads=2 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=24 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=50 / rc=abr / mbtree=1 / bitrate=12000 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No

Audio
ID : 2
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Mode : 16
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Codec ID : A_DTS
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 1 509 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 24 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 1.30 GiB (12%)
Language : Chinese

Text #1
ID : 3
Format : VobSub
Codec ID : S_VOBSUB
Codec ID/Info : The same subtitle format used on DVDs
Language : English

Text #2
ID : 4
Default : No

Text #3
ID : 5
Default : No

Menu
00:00:00.000 : en:00:00:00.000
00:11:23.208 : en:00:11:23.208
00:18:11.542 : en:00:18:11.542
00:31:52.583 : en:00:31:52.583
00:41:46.000 : en:00:41:46.000
00:50:53.958 : en:00:50:53.958
01:04:57.083 : en:01:04:57.083
01:10:09.292 : en:01:10:09.292
01:20:00.292 : en:01:20:00.292
01:27:49.500 : en:01:27:49.500
01:41:28.667 : en:01:41:28.667
01:53:58.000 : en:01:53:58.000

Regarding the file--
1.Tsmuxer doesn't support vobsub and chapters..that's why you are getting this error.
2.Sony tv doesn't support dts audio so it won't be playable..

So pls follow this process to playback the file on sony-
here is the app to convert dts audio to dolby audio--

Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?c6ky6wglh0n930z
http://www.mediafire.com/?gnn2ncqtwseqxhf
These are hd stream extractor and dolby digital encoder(eac3to). First extract eac3to and then hd stream extractor. Copy contents of HD stream extractor folder to eac3to folder.
then click on HdBrStreamExtractor.exe and add your mkv file. Then click on features and u can see all the tracks i.e avc video track and dts audio track.
Now just check only the dts audio track and from dropdown list of extract as select AC3...and then click on extract.

Your dolby digital audio will be extracted in destination folder. It will take around 3-4 mins.
Now just follow the instruction in the first post..just add your dolby file which has an extension .ac3 and uncheck the dts audio in tsmuxer. After muxing it will be playable in bravia.
let me know if you have any trouble.

Regarding the file--
1.Tsmuxer doesn't support vobsub and chapters..that's why you are getting this error.
2.Sony tv doesn't support dts audio so it won't be playable..

So pls follow this process to playback the file on sony-
here is the app to convert dts audio to dolby audio--

Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?c6ky6wglh0n930z
http://www.mediafire.com/?gnn2ncqtwseqxhf
These are hd stream extractor and dolby digital encoder(eac3to). First extract eac3to and then hd stream extractor. Copy contents of HD stream extractor folder to eac3to folder.
then click on HdBrStreamExtractor.exe and add your mkv file. Then click on features and u can see all the tracks i.e avc video track and dts audio track.
Now just check only the dts audio track and from dropdown list of extract as select AC3...and then click on extract.

Your dolby digital audio will be extracted in destination folder. It will take around 3-4 mins.
Now just follow the instruction in the first post..just add your dolby file which has an extension .ac3 and uncheck the dts audio in tsmuxer. After muxing it will be playable in bravia.
let me know if you have any trouble.

There are 2 types of .mkv that I had. In txmuxer I could see AC3 in one while DTS is other. Do I need to go through above process for .ac3 file.

Last edited:
AC3 means Dolby digital and sony can playback it so no need convert it again..only dts needs that conversion.

I checked homestream on saturday... it worked fine...just make sure internet settings in your comp and tv are automatic..don't put any static ip,dns,gateway in ipv4 settings. now make sure homestreamservice.exe running from task manager..if any errror occurs go to services and restart homestreamservice. Now add any folder and enjoy. Also it doesn't support subtitle. I've streamed a mkv file to my bravia via lan.

Hi..

I am planning to connect my bsnl router with LAN cable to the TV.. and then running Homestream ( provided by sony ) on my laptop...will this work ?...

Also is there any risk of TV catching some virus through Laptop or Internet ? how to avoid that ? I believe Sony will not support if any problem occurs.

Ninja.

Hi..

I am planning to connect my bsnl router with LAN cable to the TV.. and then running Homestream ( provided by sony ) on my laptop...will this work ?...

Also is there any risk of TV catching some virus through Laptop or Internet ? how to avoid that ? I believe Sony will not support if any problem occurs.

Ninja.

yes..u can..
don't worry about the virus and stuff. these will not affect your system.

hi lake1988
i need your help cuz i want to buy sony bravia KDL-40HX855 and i cant find a way to play 3D movies with the extension .mkv all ovies that i have are . mkv so what should i do what the 3D movies extension that reads on sony ? and could u tell me if that solution works or not and is the covert process to 3D . mp4 going to effect the quilty of the 3D movie ?!? plz follow the link bellow

Sony BRAVIA HDTV 3D Video Converter-watch 3D on Sony TV

i kindly appreciate your help
thanks alot

hi lake1988
i need your help cuz i want to buy sony bravia KDL-40HX855 and i cant find a way to play 3D movies with the extension .mkv all ovies that i have are . mkv so what should i do what the 3D movies extension that reads on sony ? and could u tell me if that solution works or not and is the covert process to 3D . mp4 going to effect the quilty of the 3D movie ?!? plz follow the link bellow

Sony BRAVIA HDTV 3D Video Converter-watch 3D on Sony TV

i kindly appreciate your help
thanks alot

Even I could not convert it. But the blueray player managed to play it side by side. Using 3d button on tv I managed to see the movie.

Happy to help.

Hi

I tried muxer for my other 2 MKV file. For both the files I had to convert the DTS to AC3. The movie is running fine but the volume of the movie has become very very low. I used volume of maximum 22-25 units while watching regular TV and other movie files but for these 2 movies, I have to use minimum of 80 volume units. Not sure what went wrong here..

you know how to rectify this issue. pls let me know.

Ninja78

I checked homestream on saturday... it worked fine...just make sure internet settings in your comp and tv are automatic..don't put any static ip,dns,gateway in ipv4 settings. now make sure homestreamservice.exe running from task manager..if any errror occurs go to services and restart homestreamservice. Now add any folder and enjoy. Also it doesn't support subtitle. I've streamed a mkv file to my bravia via lan.

Hi

I am trying to connect my TV to the laptop. TV is connected to my bsnl router with wire. I can see the IP is set to the TV. But when I start Homestream or Serviio software, it gives me a message saying "Cannot connect to Serviio server, it does not seem to be running.....exiting...".I cannot see the console to share the folder..

pls help me out here. Thanks

ninja78.

Hi

I am trying to connect my TV to the laptop. TV is connected to my bsnl router with wire. I can see the IP is set to the TV. But when I start Homestream or Serviio software, it gives me a message saying "Cannot connect to Serviio server, it does not seem to be running.....exiting...".I cannot see the console to share the folder..

pls help me out here. Thanks

ninja78.

From the error message, it appears that the Homestream service is not running.

Start, Run, services.msc, look for the Homestream service and see if the status is Started. If it is not, right click the entry and select Start. Now run the Homestream console from your Start Menu and it should work.

I have been using Homestream and it works flawlessly. Note that Homestream needs a properly setup Java install. IIRC, there is a tweak or two needed if you have the 64-bit version of Java installed. Google should help find them.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back