HTiB under 30k in NCR

avink

I have a LG 32# LCD and I am planning to buy a HTiB. I am also lookign at buying a media player (most likly Xtreamer). I am not as expert as most of the folks on this forum seem to. I went through many relevant posts in this forum and what i understood was - I can either go for Denon 390 , Onkyo 3200 or Onkyo 5205. I stay in Noida and I went looking for these to reliance digital in Shipra mall Gaziabad and home town in GIP in Noida. Reliance had Onkyo 3100 and 5205, 5205 was for 34K and he agreed to give pioneer HDMI dvd player(cannt remember the model) with it as well. GIP only had Onkyo 3100. So my question is : 1. Where can i find these in NCR (Noida?). 2. Which one of these is a better buy. I dont want to buy a model that is too old and over the hill ..my need is 50% movies & 50% music(mostly net radio via Xtreamer). _ Thanks in advance !

Philips 3571 or above about 15k or more
Avoid Onkyo or Sony

Polk Audio 5.1 HT + Receiver about 35-40k or so

Altec Lansing AE5 for 19k
Wharfedale 10.1 + Receiver for around 30

Onkyo Htibs you can find at Onkyo Wonderland Showroom at CR Park in New Delhi, their the contact person is Mr. Sanjeev Arora and you can get in touch with him on 9811176789. For Denon Htib could be found at Croma. If you have a limited budget then you could also start with an AVR like Denon 1610 and a pair of Bookshelf Speakers for now and as and when your budget permits then you can keep on adding to your setup. This way you will have a far more greater satisfaction with your setup than the Htib route.

HI,

this is probably the first post i am making after being in this forum since weeks. I have gone through almost all posts but still not able to decide..not a big audiophile..but still..
i Own a house now..first one i bought..23y old right now..
.planning to setup home theatre now budget 80K... i want to seperate 50 for the LCD
rest 30 i want to keep for my sound system. I have audiotioned many systems as per all of our experienced members post.

however m still confused.. short listed few combinations.

Onkyo 5.1 ( personally i did not enjoyed it much in the demo..bass is not what u expect and the complete thing was vibrating..sound was a lil tearing at top and no very clear at the lows)

logitech z5500 (my inclination) + xtremer pro ( i dont need a dvd player) have 3000+ movies in multiple hdd's

philips as per recommened by many people

sony dav-dz 690 (1000 w rms)..

i wish to spend around 22-23 but can stretch 5K extra..

plz suggest as i just want to get more experience and later on go ahead with

denon and jamo and wharf..so on..plz suggest..i have many questions in mind..
m a pc freak got one high end custom build but novice in matter of sound..however quite familiar with the terminology....

plz help....

also my hall size where i want to do my setup is 20x10 however i will use half of this space for the htib..also...70% movies 30% music..m a bass lover thats what attracted me..people commented that logi..got a boomy bass and muddy...but i felt it good..
again its thx certified and onboard digital decoding..

philips and sony also got featured..but they do not play mkv..also i can lick logi with xtremer pro..for upscaling and bd playback....plz suggest..

50 k for LCD seems a bit stiff, if you are aiming for a good-to-proper system in a budget of 80 k.

Suggest scale down the LCD part to @ 40 k....means a shade lesser size screen ... and also without a few bells and whistles.

With 40 k remaining, it still might be a bit difficult ... might have to increase your budget by @ 10 k. I did a bloody huge amount of legwork ... study ...
interactions ... auditions .... what not, to finally decide on my system. Settled for a Pioneer VSX 519 K + wharfedale moviestar 70+ for a 15' x 11' room. No floorstanders, only wall mounted satellites except the sub. Scintillating system .... wholesome movies experience now and wow music ...western/Indian classical, vocals, instruments, bollywood nos., FM radio. NO GAMES FOR ME.

In case the Wharfedale model is slightly out of your budget, you may also look at the Polk Audio satellites. Do not, I repeat, do not try the Onkyo speakers .... not worth it.

Just my 2 cents .......

Philips 3571 or above about 15k or more
Avoid Onkyo or Sony

Polk Audio 5.1 HT + Receiver about 35-40k or so

Altec Lansing AE5 for 19k
Wharfedale 10.1 + Receiver for around 30

Do you know where I can audition Warfedale+Denon in NCR/Delhi ? How much does Wharf 10.1 costs?

Thanks everyone for your valuable suggestions. After months of deliberation I finally took the plunge.. bought Denon 1610 +warfedale 9.2 yesterday!! I had 9.1 in mind but 9.2 sounded little brighter and had little more bass than 9.1, the kind i like.

I have LG80FR lcd and after going through posts/reviews i wasn't expecting 1610 to do any serious video upscaling but I was pleasantly surprised but improvement in my Airtel IPTV video :)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back