Ideal 2.1 Setup for 60~70K (INR)

kanna.sridharan

Which of these is the best combo,

1). Marantz PM 7003 + Wharfedale Dia 9.1 + SWF150

2). CA 650A + MS Aviano 2 + MS Aviano 7

3). NAD C326 + PSB Image B25

I need the sub for movies... Plz do give me your suggestions..

Which of these is the best combo,

1). Marantz PM 7003 + Wharfedale Dia 9.1 + SWF150

2). CA 650A + MS Aviano 2 + MS Aviano 7

3). NAD C326 + PSB Image B25

I need the sub for movies... Plz do give me your suggestions..

Hi:

All the three mentioned above would be stunning for a stereo, very good choice indeed. My choice would be 1 and 2.

:)

Hi:

All the three mentioned above would be stunning for a stereo, very good choice indeed. My choice would be 1 and 2.

:)

+1 to that.

Also since you have checked out the latest Aviano from MS, you can audition the new Wharfedale Diamond 10.1s. You may prefer it over the 9 series.

Thanks for your replies, could anyone give me the prices ruling at your place which would really help me decide, preferably the CA & MS.

Does anyone know where to get the Beresford DAC in INDIA.

You want to add Lithos Acoustics Noa-1 to thie list? Very good sound for sure. Advantage is that the speakers can be wall mounted at 7ft height and you save 150 sqft of space. Now add the real estate cost per sq.ft then decide ... :)

noa1

Cheers

Last edited:
Where are you located? If you are in Mumbai/Blre, you might be able to audition PSB Image B25/15. If your room size is ~150sft, the B25s may eliminate the need for a sub, at least in the short term. They cost ~25k/pair though. Read reviews and audition them before taking a call.

Thanks for your replies, could anyone give me the prices ruling at your place which would really help me decide, preferably the CA & MS.

Does anyone know where to get the Beresford DAC in INDIA.

Hi:

The new 650 and the new Aviano would be a lovely pair wrt to synergy.

CA 650A -> 30-35k
Aviano 1 -> 20-22k
Aviano 2 -> Around 25k

The PSB Image B25 is in a different class compared to the other two mentioned. Only an audition would enable you to pick the right combination for your ears. Personally I prefer the Marantz-PSB combination.

Thanks to All... appreciate your comments...

The PSB Image B25 is in a different class compared to the other two mentioned. Only an audition would enable you to pick the right combination for your ears. Personally I prefer the Marantz-PSB combination.

All the 3 options were from different people, I really dont want to be running around for each component, as this is going to be my first step into the hifi arena.

And as for the sub option, my hall size is 400sq.ft. and I really feel it would do justice.. (do correct me if im wrong)

I also wanted to know, is buying a Stereo amp a better option to an AVR for a 2.1 setup (keeping in mind my budget and an upgrade to a full HT setup would take me couple of years)..

Thanks to All... appreciate your comments...

All the 3 options were from different people, I really dont want to be running around for each component, as this is going to be my first step into the hifi arena.

And as for the sub option, my hall size is 400sq.ft. and I really feel it would do justice.. (do correct me if im wrong)

I also wanted to know, is buying a Stereo amp a better option to an AVR for a 2.1 setup (keeping in mind my budget and an upgrade to a full HT setup would take me couple of years)..

Selecting a hifi system for yourself is a time-consuming and painstaking exercise which if done right can be a delight for years. I would suggest you take the time to go listen personally to a few setups - at least 3, before committing to any one.

Also a stereo system is not to be looked at as a milestone on the way to a HT system. These are two separate goals - complete in themselves. If you value music far more than movies then you would be satisfied with a stereo system. The opposite if movies are your poison:).

For music, initially a subwoofer may not be needed depending on your favourite music. For movies, a subwoofer is called for.

I'm confirming tomorrow, but ????

narrowed down on the amp...

speakers ??? goin mad..

Amp - CA 650A - 29K

Speakers

1) Wharf Dia 9.1 + SWF150 - 31K

(or)

2) MS Aviano 2 + Aviano 7 (Sub) - 41K

Last minute votes on speaker selection, would really help......plz....

:confused:

:sos:

Audio Planet (08025523016, 9845019192) in Koramangala deals with Cambridge Audio, Marantz and Mordaunt Short. The contact person is Mr. Palani.

29K for 650A sounds like a very good price as I believe the price quoted here in Bangalore is ~34k.

Where did u get quote for CA and MS? Any body knows who is the MS dealer in Bangalore?

Audio Planet

Behind BDA complex
Koramangala

Contact Chandru :- 9880244424

their demo room is in the first floor ground floor they have their Car Audio shop.Do check with them the prices for Aviano and let us know;

:D oops m a lil late yeah you can contact Mr.Palani too do call them up and go there for any audition. Nice guys.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back