Ilaiyaraaja

Hi,

Though the 24x7 online radio is active in raajafm.com, the links provided for webtv and digital store in this web site are not yet activated as all other links in that web page are functioning. Have to wait and see..

Rgds

tried to get some old illayaraja acds in AVMs Saraswathi audio at alwarpet but the shop has been closed. It sad that it's one of the biggest audio store in Chennai

tried to get some old illayaraja acds in AVMs Saraswathi audio at alwarpet but the shop has been closed. It sad that it's one of the biggest audio store in Chennai
Yeah same here, tried the avm alwarpet store only to realize they've shut a while back :(

Another one of the gems that the maestro composed in Kannada. Unbelievable melody
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fiHqHyva5Q
Sung by the legendary Dr. Rajkumar (who had no formal training in music)
Somehow i feel Ilayaraja's compositions in Kannada are not so well known outside. Kannadigas hold him in the highest regard due to the great melodies he has composed for us.

Got these tapes recently , along with few other IR's audio tapes and CDs(esp released in USA,Canada etc)

Sangam(Dubbed version of Malayalam film Unaru by Maniratnam and Poove Pon poove(dubbed version of Papayude sontham appoos by Fazil). Seems like both films never got released.
For Sangam Illayaraja recorded new songs than the ones in Malayalam, as the tunes used in Malayalam were already used in some other Tamil movies(like Roja Ondru Mutham Ketkum Neram )etc.
As Sangam never got released, later he seems to have used few songs recorded for "Sanagam" in other movies like Chinna Mapillai(Vaanam Vazhthida ) etc ...

Wow, thanks a lot for the Shared information. I think It will be nightmare of getting CD's\LP in mere future. I cant find even New films audio cd's at all now a days.

Please collect the best and keep them safe, Your Grand Kids might look your collection as like a Museum . Tapes, Cassettes, LP.,EP etc etc:)

Another one of the gems that the maestro composed in Kannada. Unbelievable melody
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fiHqHyva5Q
Sung by the legendary Dr. Rajkumar (who had no formal training in music)
Somehow i feel Ilayaraja's compositions in Kannada are not so well known outside. Kannadigas hold him in the highest regard due to the great melodies he has composed for us.

absolutely,so many hidden gems, imo his Kannada songs
have a completely different colour as against his Telugu or Malayalam songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCUoc-nP5HU

Even illayaraja composed his first non film album in Kannada only[kannada Modern Songs] in 1973, much before his first film Annakili in 1976.
This was EP record with 4 songs.

His first non-film devotional album was also in Kannada[honnina_therinali]. This was a EP record with 4 songs, all sung by him. Shri Udayshankar made the lyrics.

What I read from his book in tamil;
Right after recording of "honnina_therinali", he made wife of Music Director G.K. Venkatesh listen to the audio tape. In the middle of the playing itself she went to "Nirvana" state and started "Shamanism" or fierce dance.
she could see the goddess through music....

Previous day I got Hands on Raja Sir's Audio CD from Raimy Records. I just got blew away on the composition he made, which was so evident from the perfect recorded CD.

I Wish Raja sir should have got the latest Technology equipments(of today ) during 80's,He might have miles on top of where he is now.

Kuyil Paatu song from Aranmanail Kili- Die for Raja and Swrnalatha Combo, This is next best to Janaki+Raja Combo Vizhilyim Vilundhu from Alaigal Ooivadhillai.

Ilaya Nila Pozhigurudhu - Left speaker playing a tune, right speaker playing completely different tune. SPB singing in the middle with a different tempo. When heard as a package = completely mind blowing. Best part is, the song is enjoyable in mono as well.

What a recording, what a music, what a singing, what a lyrics...what a song..what a music director..respect with awe.

Folks, those of you who have heard the year 2006 Andrum indrum endrum program of the Raja vide Jaya tv, the intro song was a bunch of sweet kids ushering in the Maestro, this was even prior to his singing the customary janani song.
Does any one have that song? it is mesmerising. I dont know Tamil, so cant write the starting lyrics. it is a haunting melody.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back