Ilaiyaraaja

How do i access this music station? (sorry noob on web stations). Also, cant understand Tamil and therefore please can you say the name of the radio station?
I saw one here - are they the same?- https://zeno.fm/isai-thentral-tamil/
sorry my mistake , its PADU NILAVE, a coimbatore based radio station u can go to it directly on the following link

happy listening

with regards
satish

Most people are happy with streaming services, and they don't know the differences between uncompressed and compressed audio quality neither they are interested in.

Yes as said by many, it's really tough to find genuine audio CDs most of them were thrown away.

I would suggest whoever is ready to buy even if it’s expensive to avoid sellers from India, Malaysia and Sri Lanka. The price you pay will never match the condition.

And with illegally repressed CDs circulating they may cheat you saying you its first press, I heard lots of stories. Recently a seller from Sri Lanka Nilan Richardson cheated many with fake identity.

The music industry is mainly focussing on streaming services and that too in low bitrate.

PS : Don't buy/collect Ramiy Audio CDs, it's a pirated swiss label that many people are not aware of because of the CD Artwork. (same with the recent Ultra Records label)
Bought a audiolab dac and connected my iPad with it. Now the quality is almost equal to CD. Now the CD hunt is put to rest (for sometime, hopefully).

I need information from people who own Ilayaraja vinyls particularly the ones released in 80s.
How good are these in comparison to the CDs? In streaming the quality doesn’t seem to be very good.
is it good/economical idea to start collecting vinyls and start building a dedicated system? Will it be of good quality as these are going to be 4 decades old.

Best Advice, Stay away from IR LP until you get it as a lot from any gentleman. If you have crush on physical mediam Atleast repressed (Bootleg)IR CD are only go.For 450/550 they are okay okay quality instead of paying *10 price for original pressings.

Keep the doors open with Collectors, fans and drop-in a message that you are looking for a collection,Someday it turnes out. Most LP of IR are in below average condition but sold at premium price.
In case you have a specific list in mind, just keep searching. LP is RARE to find these days in above average condition and dont fell prey to the dealers.

Buy a system which sounds better for Raja music, 99% times it works at same time 99% resistance shown by people to accept the truth.

Decent MP3\Wav\Rips from Cassette sounds way better in a dedicated system compared to the generic system.

There is an ad for a lot sale in Chennai, the price quoted is more than 70K from a seller. Unsure of the quality of the lps though. Being a beginner the investment seems to be quite steep. Never considered cassette though.

There are videos in YouTube where someone plays his music in lp. But, if there’s anyone having turntable and IR lps or a cassette deck, can I have a listen. It would help me decide on whether I can go ahead with the plan.

Last edited:
Best Advice, Stay away from IR LP until you get it as a lot from any gentleman. If you have crush on physical mediam Atleast repressed (Bootleg)IR CD are only go.For 450/550 they are okay okay quality instead of paying *10 price for original pressings.

Keep the doors open with Collectors, fans and drop-in a message that you are looking for a collection,Someday it turnes out. Most LP of IR are in below average condition but sold at premium price.
In case you have a specific list in mind, just keep searching. LP is RARE to find these days in above average condition and dont fell prey to the dealers.

Buy a system which sounds better for Raja music, 99% times it works at same time 99% resistance shown by people to accept the truth.

Decent MP3\Wav\Rips from Cassette sounds way better in a dedicated system compared to the generic system.
This is a forewarning that the vinyl journey is not all roses and happiness.

Hi all
Of late been listening to IR songs in Spotify, sounds decent. But most of the albums are non-ECHO/ Oriental releases and post 1990s. Only some albums are from the ECHO Records- Nayagan, Mouna raagam, Chinna Gounder, Gopura vasalilae and Anjali. Hope they will add more titles in the days to come. Early release from Saregama, Polydor (Now Universal) AVM Music and INRECO , are available.

Hello IR fans,
Is it possible to buy(IR) Audio CDs in Chennai at reasonable price and quality.
Please let me know any one have some hardware storage for sale..

Hi all
Of late been listening to IR songs in Spotify, sounds decent. But most of the albums are non-ECHO/ Oriental releases and post 1990s. Only some albums are from the ECHO Records- Nayagan, Mouna raagam, Chinna Gounder, Gopura vasalilae and Anjali. Hope they will add more titles in the days to come. Early release from Saregama, Polydor (Now Universal) AVM Music and INRECO , are available.
Chinnathambi also available.....

Today's discovery:
Punnagai mannan
Ninaivellam nithya
Pudhu Pudhu arthangal
Vikram
Kadalora kavithaigal
En rasavin manasilae
Captain Prabhakaran

Last edited:
The current LP and EP prices have gone so up such that it is becoming super expensive these days. As the LPs are no longer pressed, whatever is available is sold at an insane price. Mostly you would be expected to purchase in lot.

I am sure Mr. Dhanasekar would have started to collect all these records from early days knowing the value of listening in analog.

I thought I am a huge fan of Raja:). But I surrender after seeing this video. What kind of a passion he has. I can relate to each of his words and expressions. One more FM Sundararajan (@nana) is also an inspiration. Both have very huge collection of originals.

You have messed up my work schedule with this video ;)! How will I get back to focusing on my work???

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back