Ilaiyaraaja

Apart from iIlayaraja HD on tunein radio which streams at max 96AAC, any other good streaming options, (radio, not Spotify or tidal) for Raja’s music?

I am replying to this while listening to Thooral ninnu pochu in Tidal at 560kbps bitrate. It is not exhaustive. But, handy.

There used to be one YouTube channel (Navin Mozart) having a lot of OST. The channel is no more accessible. Used to but that channel frequently.
I noticed some of these tracks are now available in Ilaiyaraaja Official Youtube channel with due credits to Navin Mozart. Nice gesture. Chatriyan Background score FYI has credits to him.

Hi,

The following CDs are reprint (expect Varusham 16 Ramiy & Uzhavan Pyramid which are claimed to be initial print) came up for sale from a seller (both GOLD and SILVER). I have ordered mine and will take time to receive, so I don't know how good the quality . Both IR and ARR CDs. Just posting ARR CDs also in this thread as these are all available.
View attachment 39680View attachment 39675View attachment 39674View attachment 39676View attachment 39677View attachment 39678View attachment 39679View attachment 39681View attachment 39682
Hi, can you please tell me how the thalapathi guna and varusham 16 sounds?

Recently , some good soul !!!!!! is selling the reprint cds of Pyramid . Purchased few cds and the sound quality is very good. Instead of paying insane price for the original, I would gladly buy these.

I purchased Roja , Thangakolusu / Devar Magan/ singaravelan / sembaruthi , oru Orla oru rajakumari .
There are lot other titles too.

I purchased Roja , Thangakolusu / Devar Magan/ singaravelan / sembaruthi , oru Orla oru rajakumari .
Where you buy this audio CDs sir?? I need few CDs # if it's possible to share the contact details

Are these pyramid CDs ? And how they sound.

I just started my audio journey very recently. Hence searching for ARR and Raja CDs. Price is very high for some of the ARR albums.

The original release pyramid, oriental, AVM, Shankar audio CDs or ARR/IR are priced very high as well as their condition often not great. Recent years there were many repress of these CDs floating in the market available for reasonable price but they are not original. For listening purpose they are good but for collection some prefer original editions.

Looks like a costly time to start!
True, 2010 supposed to be the best time to start the collection,Since ACD were treated like crap\junk and thrown into Bins.Later days they gained value as many had very good system and were not happy with Quality from MP3.

But even now its not bad, Just finalize the list of albums you like to add and buy only them.This way you could safe some money and time too.

ARR\Raja\Yuvan Titles are rare and costly to fine these days, due to this hype I stopped buying cds before few years

Most people are happy with streaming services, and they don't know the differences between uncompressed and compressed audio quality neither they are interested in.

Yes as said by many, it's really tough to find genuine audio CDs most of them were thrown away.

I would suggest whoever is ready to buy even if it’s expensive to avoid sellers from India, Malaysia and Sri Lanka. The price you pay will never match the condition.

And with illegally repressed CDs circulating they may cheat you saying you its first press, I heard lots of stories. Recently a seller from Sri Lanka Nilan Richardson cheated many with fake identity.

The music industry is mainly focussing on streaming services and that too in low bitrate.

PS : Don't buy/collect Ramiy Audio CDs, it's a pirated swiss label that many people are not aware of because of the CD Artwork. (same with the recent Ultra Records label)

IR's albums available in iTunes are good (even initial albums i.e. between late 70s to 80s) when using headphones. And that's how I got into his music. But I can't expect the same when connected to speakers through headphone out (tried and tested). And that's where the urge to hunt for CDs begin.

Anybody has Ilayaraja's Albums from Annakili to Early 80's ? Might be till 84?I am looking for LP \EP Rips of the albums since the cassette \CD are not in good quality. I just need Digital Copy only, and fine to share the Cost.

Please let me know,if you have any contact too to source.

Below is my list
Mullum Malarum
Niram Maraadha Pookal
Pagalil oru Pournami
Ponnu Oorukku Pudhusu
Poonthalir
Pudiya varpugal
Rosapoo ravikai kaari
Pudiya varpugal
Aanandha ragam
Alaigal ooivadhillai
Paneer Puspangal
Ninaivellam Nithya
Kalyana Raman
Enakkaga kathiru
Ilamai Kolam
Tik Tik Tik
Rajaparvai
Ullasa Paravaigal
Johnny
Mendum Kokila
Koli Koovidhu
Naalai Unadhu Naal
Sindhu Bhairavi

Record prices have gone up. The average cost of an LP is Rs 500/- and EP is 250/-

All that you wanted are a mix of both LPs and EPs.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back