Ilaiyaraaja

I currently have the image of this CD alone. Couple of other versions are with my friends. Need to get that...
These are the 4 CDs images floating around don't know how genuine these are. Couldn't find anyone who is owning to check on the availability, quality of recording or CD. Seems available in Chennai with seller(s) but haven't tried to get one yet.
WhatsApp Image 2019-09-08 at 8.44.21 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-09-08 at 8.44.21 PM(1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-09-08 at 8.44.21 PM(2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-09-08 at 8.44.21 PM(3).jpeg

None of the above Cds are released officially, some strong piracy kings are manufacturing these cds and selling through local sellers taking advantage of blind audio cd fans and increased demand and the heavy price offered. Because neither Pyramid nor Shankar stopped producing Audio Cds very long back.

This is also a reason, the original companies hesitate to release their original titles, when it comes to original companies, they cannot sell on premium also.

According to a friend, these CDs are called Sopana Sundari collection, no one knows who is keeping it now. If you find this cd, please let us know how it sounds.

Soppana Sundari Collections, Super !!! Super !!! But Soppana Sundari was only one, we are least bothered, but these collections are plenty!!!

Can anyone tell me if somebody has Appu Raajaa Audio Cd, How many songs does it have, is there any combination songs available or it is a single one.

well there was Dalapathi released on Ramiy Last year with Guna .....then there was a old Ramiy version with Chinna Thambi floating this year .....both are Ramiy Originals ....Now there is Dalapathi in Shankar ....

Titles being released now in Shankar / Pyramid and labels like Prince Musik ....then there is BABA , ....these are copies / reprint of old cd's and not exactly original , in case you dont have the title ...maybe u can consider buying ......buying one more version is of no use

Ramiy has been regularly releasing one ARR and one Raja CD with new releases .... its time for Ramiy to release Bigil and other new releases ....you can expect one ARR ( I heard its Indian/Iruvar combo) and One Raja CD ( Udhaya geetham/ Idhaya kovil ) coming this time

Also keep checking out this link for new releases

check this ...

next set of cd's - reissue / reprint etc are ready ..seems like there is demand for these cd's

Bombay/Indira , Karuthamma , K Cheemailiye etc

Feel very bad myself for ditching 100's of audio cd, without knowing the value(audio quality- not money) of it, during the mp3 boom. Anyway, happy with what left with me and more are devotionals...

It's very unlikely that you may find Pyramid CDs in cbe..and even if you find one ,the price which they ask will make your head spin
Lakshmi complex in Gandhipuram has few shop where you can get Ramy/ Ramiy CDs.

Thanks for the info. Would you happen to know any places in Coimbatore that would be selling used tamil vinyl records? Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Thanks for the info. Would you happen to know any places in Coimbatore that would be selling used tamil vinyl records? Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

There are few vendors who sells Tamil Vinyl , but you have to purchase as a lot. And don't forget to have a BP tablet before asking the price.
Cheers

In this case its mentioned in the facebook link .....otherwise all those companies which have shut down long time back cannot release new CD's ..
Pyramid has already sold all its rights to Aditya Music ...So any new release has to be under Aditya Music

Right now only Ramiy Records is releasing old titles and they are the only original CD's .

In this case its mentioned in the facebook link .....otherwise all those companies which have shut down long time back cannot release new CD's ..
Pyramid has already sold all its rights to Aditya Music ...So any new release has to be under Aditya Music

Right now only Ramiy Records is releasing old titles and they are the only original CD's .
How good are paid sites like Samperals for music downloads, I am reluctant to use the paid web sites as I am not aware of the quality content that is being available.
And from what i have heard all the old 80's and 90's albums that were printed in CD have poor quality recordings.
Some claim that casette tapes are better than the CD's that were printed.
Finding quality source content for old tamil albums is a big pain though.
With respect to Thalapathi album i have never heard it in good quality till date, all the recordings for the album are very poorly mastered.

How good are paid sites like Samperals for music downloads, I am reluctant to use the paid web sites as I am not aware of the quality content that is being available.
And from what i have heard all the old 80's and 90's albums that were printed in CD have poor quality recordings.
Some claim that casette tapes are better than the CD's that were printed.
Finding quality source content for old tamil albums is a big pain though.
With respect to Thalapathi album i have never heard it in good quality till date, all the recordings for the album are very poorly mastered.

Only CD's in my case ...no paid sites or for that matter even radio ...so no idea about that

The irony is that Pyramid never had a mfg facility of its own ..so in India it was Saregama who used to mfg CD's for them under Pyramid Label ......then Saregama bought Pyramid titles on Lease (just like Sony-Saregama, Sony -Tips) and released those same titles under Saregama . Then Pyramid finally sold the rights to Aditya Music lock stock and barrel . Now u will find people saying Pyramid was good , but saregama recording is poor ...

I had a Srilankan contact staying in Europe who used to buy CD's from here ....he said that Indian companies use Master CD and those abroad use a copy of the Master CD . Hence compared to Alai Osai , Ayngaran and Ramiy ....He used to prefer Fivestar , Star Music , Sony Music , Saregama etc .
So this is highly subjective

Only CD's in my case ...no paid sites or for that matter even radio ...so no idea about that

The irony is that Pyramid never had a mfg facility of its own ..so in India it was Saregama who used to mfg CD's for them under Pyramid Label ......then Saregama bought Pyramid titles on Lease (just like Sony-Saregama, Sony -Tips) and released those same titles under Saregama . Then Pyramid finally sold the rights to Aditya Music lock stock and barrel . Now u will find people saying Pyramid was good , but saregama recording is poor ...

I had a Srilankan contact staying in Europe who used to buy CD's from here ....he said that Indian companies use Master CD and those abroad use a copy of the Master CD . Hence compared to Alai Osai , Ayngaran and Ramiy ....He used to prefer Fivestar , Star Music , Sony Music , Saregama etc .
So this is highly subjective
That's good to know !!
Thanks for the information, there are also other companies that manufacture CD's like Dinosaur etc etc , not a big fan of the recent Raimy series though. I would rather stick to the existing CDs that I have with me.
I managed to source the new Thalapathi Shankar Re-Print floating around in market , and it sounds crap.
Shankar CDs are also a bit overhyped, some of the albums are good not all are.

ramiy , ayngaran , fivestar lotus , alai osai etc have been around for a long time .....buying rights of tamil audio and mfg cd's in other countries .... just like Saregama in India and EMI outside India .....or u have Venus in India and Melody outside India ...

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back