Ilaiyaraaja

Include me in your list. Will take half of it. LP sounds better to my ears :D

Dear Sriram,

It's a great pleasure. We shall share, exchange, buy or sell if we find any LPs EPs. Let you know if I find any record shop of a seller. I have been vigorously searching for 80's eps first.

Let's get this thread back on track :)
From Michael Madana Kamarajan. This song, as per this Hindu article, was supposed to be sung by K J Yesudas, but due to his busy schedule, Ilaiyaraaja asked Kamal Haasan to sing the same.
Quoting from the article "For ‘Michael Madana Kamarajan’, Kamal wanted a song like ‘Margazhi Thingal’, a verse from Tirupaavai. “He came up with ‘Sundari Neeyum’. Again, it became his own composition because of the changes he made.” Yesudas was supposed to sing the song. Kamal used to “sing track” a lot those days, the equivalent of a temp track which would then be dubbed over by a Yesudas or an SPB. Because Kamal couldn’t always wait for their dates in order to have the finished song available during the shooting, he’d sing track and take the song along. Kamal told Ilaiyaraaja that he’d sing track for ‘Sundari Neeyum’, but Ilaiyaraaja insisted that he sing the final song."

Dear Friends,

I may be visiting Coimbatore Next Month by Second Week, Is there any audio shops near Coimbatore Railway Station, Please let me know if I can buy atleast one Ilaiyaraja Pyramid Cd, I will be so happy. I am looking for Eazhai Jaadhi / Villuppaattukkaaran ACD or Mappillai Vanthaachchu

Thanks,
Senthilkumar.

Dear Friends,

I may be visiting Coimbatore Next Month by Second Week, Is there any audio shops near Coimbatore Railway Station, Please let me know if I can buy atleast one Ilaiyaraja Pyramid Cd, I will be so happy. I am looking for Eazhai Jaadhi / Villuppaattukkaaran ACD or Mappillai Vanthaachchu

Thanks,
Senthilkumar.

Go to Lakshmi Market opposite Gandhipuram bus stand ...second floor there are two shops in one of them you may find old cd's

Dear Friends,

Thanks,
Senthilkumar.

It's very unlikely that you may find Pyramid CDs in cbe..and even if you find one ,the price which they ask will make your head spin
Lakshmi complex in Gandhipuram has few shop where you can get Ramy/ Ramiy CDs.

Dear Hassan,

Happy Bakrid.

The original recording itself was with high Treble. It was the system default to bring out the sharpness of all string instruments used for Rakkamma song. But in studio it was well and good and even in the first edition releases it sounded very good original audio cassettes. Lahari was the first rights holder. Later Pyramid had international rights. Later shankar cd had the rights for European countries. This is the matter. The whole cds were made out of only one master, the way they handled the master was little different. Shankar reduced the sharpness to a certain level. The first release of Annamalai and Thalapathi in India was also good. Later releases were not stampered, and just copied cds and those cds were not good.
You know a lot more details in this sector!!

Last edited:
Go to Lakshmi Market opposite Gandhipuram bus stand ...second floor there are two shops in one of them you may find old cd's

My Dear Cooldude7808,

First of all, thank you for your guidance. You are in Mumbai and how come you know the detail of Audio Shops in Coimbatore, I think you must be a Tamilian and a native of Coimbatore.

By the way, Kindly let me know your name and phone number if you don't mind.

Thank you once again,
With Love,
Senthilkumar.

Dear Dev,

Thank you for the response. I really love your sense of humour. Enna panrathu, Raja Sir Cd kettaale ippo ellam kollai adikkiraanunga, namma paithiyam maathiri oor ooraa alaiyurom.

May I meet you when I come to Coimbatore.

Love,
Senthilkumar.

Dear Matbhuvi,

Could you please upload the picture of Oriental Press CD, front and back as well as Cd pictures. Which version of DVD did you watch?

Love,
Senthil.

Is this version clear of clicks/pops in Sundari song. The oriental press has a lot. I don't see that in DVDs. Only in audio-cd it has those clicks and pops.
Just played the song and there is no clicks & pops in Sundari songs. Hope you are not referring to the wind sound in the beginning of the song.

Also as far as I know there is no Oriental CD of Dalapathi. Shankar, Lahari, Alai Osai, Ramiy and few Pirated CDs. I have one Pirated CD which is Orient Records (Pirated CD) not Oriental.
Dalapathi (Orient Records) [TMCD 1009].jpg

Since Dalapathi is not released in LP/EP CD mastered from LP/EP also not a possibility (typically CDs mastered from LP/EP will hav clicks & pops, most of EMI CDs for example). Only other possibility is that you might have a CD which could be mastered from Cassette but then it would have hissing sound than Clicks & Pops. Some of the Dalapathi Releases (played couple and none of them has clicks & pops):
Dalapathi (Alai Osai) [ALCD 1003].jpgDalapathi (Alai Osai) [ALCD 1065].jpgDalapathi (Lahari) [LRCD 1001] (2001 08).jpgDalapathi (Lahari) [LRCD 1001].jpgDalapathi (Lahari) [LRCD 9625] (2001 08).jpgDalapathi (Ramiy) [ACD 1038].jpg
dalapathi-ramiy-acd-1234-jpg.39191
Dalapathi (Ramiy) [ACD 2288].jpgDalapathi (Shankar) [SHA 1006].jpg

Attachments

• Dalapathi (Ramiy) [ACD 1234].jpg
    Dalapathi (Ramiy) [ACD 1234].jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 374
Dear Dev,

Thank you for the response. I really love your sense of humour. Enna panrathu, Raja Sir Cd kettaale ippo ellam kollai adikkiraanunga, namma paithiyam maathiri oor ooraa alaiyurom.

May I meet you when I come to Coimbatore.

Love,
Senthilkumar.

You are most welcome to my place. Will share my contact over PM.

Hi,

The following CDs are reprint (expect Varusham 16 Ramiy & Uzhavan Pyramid which are claimed to be initial print) came up for sale from a seller (both GOLD and SILVER). I have ordered mine and will take time to receive, so I don't know how good the quality . Both IR and ARR CDs. Just posting ARR CDs also in this thread as these are all available.
WhatsApp Image 2019-08-09 at 4.29.32 PM(3).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-08-09 at 4.29.32 PM(1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-08-09 at 4.29.32 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-09-24 at 5.15.42 AM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-09-24 at 5.15.42 AM(1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-09-24 at 5.15.42 AM(2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-09-24 at 5.15.43 AM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-09-24 at 5.15.43 AM(1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-09-24 at 5.15.43 AM(3).jpeg

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back