Ilaiyaraaja

Does anyone know why in Payanangal Mudivathillai, only Ilaya Nila has very good stereo recording. My source is oriental CD. I wonder whether it is the same in LP as well. Can anyone having LP/Cassette of that movie share the info please.
Dear Matbhuvi,
First of all, Payanangal Mudivathillai Recorded in 1981. All the songs sounded better when it was new then. The LP Records were Manufactured by Music India Ltd. or CBS for Echo Recording Co. in those days. Hence the quality was excellent. Moreover, records were stampered soon after they were recorded in the studio as new releases and the whole systems were in continuous routine process of converting the recording from spool masters to master record and immediately records were produced. But, in the case of old movie songs to cd coversion, natural wear and tear of aging that is almost 30 years later, spool converting devices are not that perfect as it was in 80s. Secondly, the alignment of the spool tapes have to placed properly while playing back a 30 year old tape which was recorded in some old spool recorder. Apart from that, before doing conversion, they have to clean the spool tapes properly. If all these things are correct, then you will get 90 percent of the old quality as for as Indian Movie Songs.

Coming to your question in particular, only 5 songs are stereophonic : Ilaiyanila Pozhigirathu, Ragadheepam Yetrum Neram, Salaiyoram Solaiondru and Maniosai Kettu Ezhundhu and Thogai Ilamayil. The other two songs are mono recording: Yea Aathaa Aathorama Vaariyaa, Vaikaraiyil Vaigaikaraiyil.
But, In the LP First Release, the sounding was very good at all the songs irrespective of the stereo or mono. The punches were very impactful while listening with good audio devices.

Hope I have answered your question in detail after a long time. Only now I saw your question.

Regards, Senthilkumar.

Last edited:
cds are being sold for black market rates ....check out OLX ....its the same ...very unfortunate ...
infact I purchased it from the above link for 260rs per cd .....the same CD was listed in OLX for Rs 550 ....
it seems there are people who are willing to pay that price

The depth of music was very good only in the first edition of the Audio Cassette of MOUNAM SAMMADHAM, nothing is close to that. Even LP was not up to the mark, so the Audio Cd. It was just okay on CD.

Check this out ...purchased both the cd's ..SQ is good

Dear Friends,

I need the following Pyramid Audio CDs :

1. MAAPPILLAI VANTHAACHCHU

2. KOTTAI VAASAL + VASANTHA MALARGAL

3. SINGAARA VELAN - SINGLE

4. KATTUMARAKKAARAN + EN PONDATTI NALLAVA

5. MARAVAN

6. THURAIMUGAM AUDIO CD WITH ANY COMBINATION OTHER THAN KAATHALAN

7. MUTHALVAR MAHAATHMA AND KAMARAJ

And I requre so many titles, atleast if I could any one of these I will be happy as of now.

KAMESHBHAVARATNAM Sir, Can you help me in this regard?

With Love,
Senthil.

I purchased LPs about a month back and I was lucky enough to get Singaravelan, Azhagan, Vellai Roja, Ninaithale Inikkum, Hits of K. Bhagyaraj (INRECO 2478-5223 - Puthiya Vaarpukal, Suvarillatha Chithrangal, Suvarillatha Chithrangal), Soora samharam, etc., etc., The condition is Good+ to mint.

Many Audio CDs composed by Illayaraja are now released by Ramiy , I purchased few and the audio quality is quiet good to excellent. Many are much better then the original Oriental CDs. But pricing are at premium.

Many Audio CDs composed by Illayaraja are now released by Ramiy , I purchased few and the audio quality is quiet good to excellent. Many are much better then the original Oriental CDs. But pricing are at premium.

Hi - I have purchased Ramiy CD's ....both of raja and other new releases ...just curious ...can you PM the price which you pay for each cd

There are some crrazzy guys who are ready to spend up to even 1500 for one cd especially rare ones. These guys buy it just for the sake of collection. I personally know a few. They won't even hear it. Just because of such guys, sellers are tempted to raise the price.

One more thing ....I feel since LP revival has happened ..... sellers feel ..that there are people who are willing to pay that price for a soundtrack

I had purchased used CD's in the year 2012 - 2013 from Coimbatore , Madurai and Chennai and they were available at Rs50 to 75 to Rs 100 max

The same seller told me that people are purchasing CD's from shopkeepers like him and selling it in EBAY and Amazon at a huge premium ...infact he checked with me ...whether I was also doing that .... Now they have decided to sell it at that price ...

Dear Friends,

I need the following Pyramid Audio CDs :

1. MAAPPILLAI VANTHAACHCHU

2. KOTTAI VAASAL + VASANTHA MALARGAL

3. SINGAARA VELAN - SINGLE

4. KATTUMARAKKAARAN + EN PONDATTI NALLAVA

5. MARAVAN

6. THURAIMUGAM AUDIO CD WITH ANY COMBINATION OTHER THAN KAATHALAN

7. MUTHALVAR MAHAATHMA AND KAMARAJ

And I requre so many titles, atleast if I could any one of these I will be happy as of now.

KAMESHBHAVARATNAM Sir, Can you help me in this regard?

With Love,
Senthil.

Senthil - not sure if KAMESHBHAVARATNAM is a member of this forum ....I will check and if I have his number , I will PM that ...

When I purchased CD's ....the courier cover has his Phone number ....

I purchased LPs about a month back and I was lucky enough to get Singaravelan, Azhagan, Vellai Roja, Ninaithale Inikkum, Hits of K. Bhagyaraj (INRECO 2478-5223 - Puthiya Vaarpukal, Suvarillatha Chithrangal, Suvarillatha Chithrangal), Soora samharam, etc., etc., The condition is Good+ to mint.

Most of these LP's released by INRECO dont have all the songs ....its mostly one song on side A and one song on Side B . I have three of them and then stopped buying because of this

The depth of music was very good only in the first edition of the Audio Cassette of MOUNAM SAMMADHAM, nothing is close to that. Even LP was not up to the mark, so the Audio Cd. It was just okay on CD.
Mounam Samadham cassette recording quality is too good. Intro voice is so heavy it is nice to hear.
IMG_20190809_192509140~2.jpg

There are some crrazzy guys who are ready to spend up to even 1500 for one cd especially rare ones. These guys buy it just for the sake of collection. I personally know a few. They won't even hear it. Just because of such guys, sellers are tempted to raise the price.
Prices are high since no CDs available. I would be happy if I could get CD for 1500. Now the CD prices are in the range 3K+ and for rare ones it is much much higher. It is unfortunate but that is he reality.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back