Ilaiyaraaja

Does anyone know why in Payanangal Mudivathillai, only Ilaya Nila has very good stereo recording. My source is oriental CD. I wonder whether it is the same in LP as well. Can anyone having LP/Cassette of that movie share the info please.
Payanangal mudivathillai oriental cd quality is not upto the mark. I have p.m Cass, cd and LP. Comparatively LP is the best sounding, imo

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

I purchased 6 discs from Mr. Antony Muthusamy who originally hails from Coimbatore but settled in Chennai. He closely worked with Raja sir and remastered the songs in DTS (Plays in any DVD player compatible to play DTS).

Honey Bee Music

Sound quality is amazing. You could reach out to him and order discs of all the songs remastered to exceptional audio quality.

Good morning from chennai.

We have done a customized 2 cd pack with Manorama music and have the combo cd - Mudalvar mahatma /kamaraj.

Interested people can contact -kameshratnam / gmail

Hello friends,

I am looking for WAV/ FLAC format of the songs from the movie Kamagni. Can any kind soul please share the lossless quality over google drive or any other cloud?

Thanks in advance,
Sourav

Hi friends,

Yesterday bought IR`s title Soorakottai Singakutti and ARR`s Minsara Kanavu audio cds (in CD-R) from Kosmik audio, Chennai. Very decent audio quality. Anybody who have missed AVM titles, try this. http://www.kosmikmusic.com/

They are very happy to assist you and FYI, now they are the copyrights holder of AVM audio titles.

Regards
Ramesh

happen to be on Ilayaraja's concert, and he brought a whole new dimension for this song.

Personally I am not fan of the lyrics in the song, but the music in between is unbelievable.....

i have also placed an order for priya ..did not see Uthiripookkal . Hope Raaja gives his collection to Sony or somebody to release in vinyl

Do add links of vinyl's whenever u see them in this forum

Guys, I got the Priya Record yesterday. It is a 45RPM disc with only 2 songs which was a disappointment (which I actually doubted if it would be an LP for the price). 2 Songs - Oh Priya (Sreeramanin Sredeviye) and Eh Padal Ondru. The sound quality was fantastic and I guessing it is pressed from the original master. Packaging was very complex as I had to tear down several layers of bubble, film and cardboard. I guess that protects it well. But the Record was just laminated paper cover and plastic cover sleeve (very thin). I may have to make a DIY using butter paper or something thicker and nicer. Overall the experience was good though. Hope they would release LP of Tamil films soon if this picks up well.

that's bad ..I have ordered both ...will not order in future if this is the case....they should have clearly specified the tracks and what it is ..in the absence of any info the buyer will assume that it will contain all the songs ...that too most of them don't have more than 4 or 5 tracks ..

I have collected around 100 Illayaraja EPs last week, mostly HMV and INRECO recordings of various Tamil, Telugu , Kannada and Malayalam Movies.
I have now (almost) completed all Illayaraja's EP/SuperSeven Ep released by HMV/Columbia/INRECO , of Tamil Films composed by Illayaraja.
Looking for the below EPs to complete my list.
Uravaadum Nenjam Tamil1976
Varaprasadham [Music by Govardhan Master assisted by IR] Tamil 1976
deepam Tamil1977
Penn Jenmam Tamil1977
Ihu eppadi irrukku Tamil1978
Bhairavi Tamil 1978
Kannan Oru Kai Kuzhandhai ( Have cover Need disk)Tamil1978
Ilayarajavin Rasigai( Have cover Need disk)Tamil1979

So far collected the following Malayalam EP records of IR
Vyamogam
Garjhanam
Panineer Pookal
Aalolam
Ollangal
Sandhyakku Virinja Poovu
Aarathri
Onnanu Nammal
Unaru

Payanangal mudivathillai oriental cd quality is not upto the mark. I have p.m Cass, cd and LP. Comparatively LP is the best sounding, imo

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

I have the Ilaya Nila track in decent quality. Mine is slighty better than the LP version. Just compared both the LP and CD yesterday.

IR live concert-10 Feb 2019:-

Maestro Ilaiyaraaja is all set to perform his first time ever "Eppothum Raaja - live in concert" in Erode at "Tax Valley" on 10th February, 2019.

Budapest orchestra members will also be a part of the orchestra along with best of Artists and Musician to deliver the best of Music & songs being the first time ever in Erode.

It is going to be an highly Musical, emotional and unforgettable night of Music in Erode. Hope you all would be part of this historical event .
This show being produced by Mham Enterpeises .

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back