Incredible offer ! Could it be worth the money ?

Aryan

Hi Friends !

I am wanting to share with you guys my astonishment at watching a VU (View) 40" LCD being sold for 40K at CROMA, and 42" LCD with all the Bling for 60K, along with a 5.1 speaker system.

5.1 is some ACS company marketed by TATA (as per the guy at CROMA).

I was completley shocked to see 40" for 40K and 42" for 60K.

Guys can any one share there feedback about the products (VU LCD) , if you've had a chance to audition one or have any info on the company VU.

Thanks,
Aryan.

Last edited:
What is the resolution on them?
I would say it shouldn't make much of a difference if it is a sony or a vu. LCD panels are not made at home - they all are standard, probably manufactured by a big expensive brand company. Each company charges different money based on their marketing/ branding efforts too besides quality.
If you are getting good picture and a good warranty go for it.
Can someone here share some video calibration cd/ dvd?

I would say it shouldn't make much of a difference if it is a sony or a vu. LCD panels are not made at home - they all are standard, probably manufactured by a big expensive brand company. Each company charges different money based on their marketing/ branding efforts too besides quality.

well just before 2005 sharp was the leader in lcds and sony where doing realy bad until they made a deal with samsung and nowdays people wont spend just bcause of the brand name unlike old days where people did pay the premium for sony simply bcause it was unbeatable thanks to their trinitron tech,
but in lcds its not the case since sony tvs mostly use a samsung panel ,but since the samsung is priced cheaper sony has to offer something more for the price premium thats why they came up with bravia engine(Best Resolution Audio Video Integrated Architecture),if u look at sony models of 2005 i.e models before S200A ,V200A the sony lcd which had samsung panels where bad since they used a WEGA engine which is made for crts and sony tweaked a bit ,which did a okay job,samsung and sharp were still superior ,it was omly in 2006 that sony made a tailor made image processing for lcds which is called BRAVIA that made them surpass the sales in USA,to which the samsung responded by improving their image processing tehc in series 5,6 etc and upwards,which in turn prompted sony to launch bravia 2,but being a japanese company sony has slipped from the top slot even though in majority of reviews it performance is put ahead of samsung,since sony just cannot match the korean company samsung in price,same goes to the former no 1 sharp which has slipped back a lot in sales and even in performance.
so there is a lot more that separates two tvs even from 1st tier companies like sony and samsung like image processing tech ,the backlight etc are different on sony,which puts the sony with a slight advantage in overall performance like contrast ,black levels,shadow details,input lag etc.

VU is crap....it is made by zenith computers.....they make crappy computers, and now they have diversified into the field of crappy LCD TVs.....

60k for a 42" LCD? That doesnt' even make sense on paper, why wouldn't you rather pay 53k and get a Panasonic PV8 plasma or a Samsung 410 plasma??

Please don't waste your time with VU, unless all you want is a large screen and you don't care at all about picture quality.

Hi Friends !

I am wanting to share with you guys my astonishment at watching a VU (View) 40" LCD being sold for 40K at CROMA, and 42" LCD with all the Bling for 60K, along with a 5.1 speaker system.

Guys can any one share there feedback about the products (VU LCD) , if you've had a chance to audition one or have any info on the company VU.

Thanks,
Aryan.

Thank you guys for sharing all your views.

Just thought of giving you more information on the LCD's by VU.

Whole of the VU range caught my attention one for the low price and then the tech specks that they claim.

however I would want to clarify on the onset that VU is marketed in India by Zenith and not manufactured by them. VU is California based US company.

I don;t have the resolution of the tv with me right now but i will put it up here tomorrow for sure. Anm and Adder make a lot of sense that LCD panels are made by some big expensive company. And how marketing/branding efforts play role in setting up the price band. I also had some idea that LCD panels are not cheap and setting up manufacturing unit for them requires whole lot of investment, so VU could not be locally made by some small chianse company, which was my fear initially.

VU LCDs' are all FULL HD , they have 2 USB slots, features like PIP, some image enhanser technology etc. response time of 5ms contrast of some 50000:1.

The VU LCD was placed next to SONY and SAMSUNG , playing some video game with lot of quick image changes and to me there was no perceptible difference in picture quality of VU compared to the other two. Now I am not an expert at judging the quality of LCD therefore I turned my way to this forum to see if I can get some expert opinion from my friends here. Thanks for all the replies and keep updating and sharing info.

For guys who want to check out VU then it is desplayed at PACIFIC MALL, Delhi NCR, Near Anand Vihar bus stand.

I think I am sounding like VU marketing executive, but hey guys I am just trying to find out if VU is really worth my money.

Thanks
Aryan.

stay away from them as far as possible, pathetic After Sales Service. May come cheap, but not worth it, read reviews online before buying.

Thx

Srisha

Hi Friends !

Thanks,
Aryan.

Hi,

Basically two thing to think abt LCD.

1.Panal
2.Video processor (VP)

Panal of VU is IPS alpha plus which is very advanced,clear.
But VP is average,response time only 8 ms.

Think & decide.

stay away from them as far as possible, pathetic After Sales Service. May come cheap, but not worth it, read reviews online before buying.

Thx

Srisha

Hi Srisha,

Any after sales experience that you can share please.

Thanks,

Specification : VU (40) FULL HD : 50K

Resolution : 1920*1080
Aspect Ratio : 16:9
Contrast Ratio : 30,000:1 dynamic
Brightness : 500
Response time : 5ms. 2 USB

VU 42 FULL HD 60K
same as above without the USB.

Both are +A Grade Panels and 7th Generation (not that i Know what it means.)

Thanks,

Aryan don't fall for their marketing rubbish.....VU is imported from China by Zenith......or some such arrangement.....this california based company has been setup by Zenith themselves.....this is all an attempt by them to seem respectable.....if you do like the TV still, by all means go for, but be under no impression that you are buying some reputed american brand...

Thank you guys for sharing all your views.

Just thought of giving you more information on the LCD's by VU.

Whole of the VU range caught my attention one for the low price and then the tech specks that they claim.

however I would want to clarify on the onset that VU is marketed in India by Zenith and not manufactured by them. VU is California based US company.

I don;t have the resolution of the tv with me right now but i will put it up here tomorrow for sure. Anm and Adder make a lot of sense that LCD panels are made by some big expensive company. And how marketing/branding efforts play role in setting up the price band. I also had some idea that LCD panels are not cheap and setting up manufacturing unit for them requires whole lot of investment, so VU could not be locally made by some small chianse company, which was my fear initially.

VU LCDs' are all FULL HD , they have 2 USB slots, features like PIP, some image enhanser technology etc. response time of 5ms contrast of some 50000:1.

The VU LCD was placed next to SONY and SAMSUNG , playing some video game with lot of quick image changes and to me there was no perceptible difference in picture quality of VU compared to the other two. Now I am not an expert at judging the quality of LCD therefore I turned my way to this forum to see if I can get some expert opinion from my friends here. Thanks for all the replies and keep updating and sharing info.

For guys who want to check out VU then it is desplayed at PACIFIC MALL, Delhi NCR, Near Anand Vihar bus stand.

I think I am sounding like VU marketing executive, but hey guys I am just trying to find out if VU is really worth my money.

Thanks
Aryan.

This has been discussed before.

Aryan the US company is just a shell company that is by itself owned by Zenith Computers. This is a trick many companies follow to give the impression they have a design or manufacturing base in the US.

LCDs throughout the world are manufactured by a few companies that have set up billion dollar manufacturing units. Literally anyone can source a LCD panel, but that is of little value. Companies such as Samsung, Panasonic, Sony and others spend enormous amount of money on the design of the receiver, and work with the panel manufacturing companies to develop special LCD panels to push their own technology.

If you have read the news, Pioneer had taken a step forward with their Kuro brand. But even Pioneer has recently moved away from manufacturing panels, and decided to concentrate on the electronics of the TV.

This is a competitive market and anybody can enter. Unfortunately it needs tremendous resilience and financial strength to survive in this market. If you have noticed, it is only now that LG has entered the market and is struggling against the intense competition of Sony, Samsung, Hitachi, and others. LG is an international company and sells around the world, has a loyal customer base for other products. But even LG has to fight to get a share of the market.

Some companies such as Akai have been in the market for a long time as a TV manufacturer and have a large client base who are loyal to them (including me :).) But they have a Japanese base and use their well laid out dealer network to penetrate the market. They are able to sell cheap as they avoid expenses such as advertisement. The incentivise the dealers to sell for them.

But I am little skeptical about a new entrant who has no experience in this market. I also wonder if the Indian market is large enough to sustain a company all by itself.

Cheers

Hi Aryan

I am also waiting to get a 42' LCD/Plasma sub-50k.

I will buy a Full HD one.

I missed a great offer on a Philips LCD 42' full HD 53k as the model was getting discontinued.

I will buy only a respectable brand and am in no hurry as the prices of LCD are to go downward only,

regards

Aryan don't fall for their marketing rubbish.....VU is imported from China by Zenith......or some such arrangement.....this california based company has been setup by Zenith themselves.....this is all an attempt by them to seem respectable.....if you do like the TV still, by all means go for, but be under no impression that you are buying some reputed american brand...

Thanks psychotropic, at least now I know that the US base thing is just a sham,
what a stupid thing to do by a company in this age of net.

Hey do look at the tech specks i've posted of thier tv's, n if posssible let me know your views.

Take care.

This has been discussed before.

Aryan the US company is just a shell company that is by itself owned by Zenith Computers. This is a trick many companies follow to give the impression they have a design or manufacturing base in the US.

LCDs throughout the world are manufactured by a few companies that have set up billion dollar manufacturing units. Literally anyone can source a LCD panel, but that is of little value. Companies such as Samsung, Panasonic, Sony and others spend enormous amount of money on the design of the receiver, and work with the panel manufacturing companies to develop special LCD panels to push their own technology.

If you have read the news, Pioneer had taken a step forward with their Kuro brand. But even Pioneer has recently moved away from manufacturing panels

This is a competitive market and anybody can enter. Unfortunately it needs tremendous resilience and financial strength to survive in this market. If you have noticed, it is only now that LG has entered the market and is struggling against the intense competition of Sony, Samsung, Hitachi, and others. LG is an international company and sells around the world, has a loyal customer base for other products. But even LG has to fight to get a share of the market.

Some companies such as Akai have been in the market for a long time as a TV manufacturer and have a large client base who are loyal to them (including me :).) But they have a Japanese base and use their well laid out dealer network to penetrate the market. They are able to sell cheap as they avoid expenses such as advertisement. The incentivise the dealers to sell for them.

But I am little skeptical about a new entrant who has no experience in this market. I also wonder if the Indian market is large enough to sustain a company all by itself.

Cheers

Hi Venkat,

thanks for the explanation man, I am now less and less inclined towards such lesser known companies and would want to read a few reviews of thier products before i decide to let em have my dough, what say, smart work :cool:

Do check out thier product if you can at chennai and let us know your experience.

Cheers,
Aryan.

hi people,
just bringing another perspective on this discussion and not of the technical variety. if you guys have had any experience with the Vijay sales chain of shops in mumbai (& elsewhere), they have this sure fire scheme of buying some particular models of hardware in bulk, thereby getting really killer rates from the company. these they hock at ridiculous prices as a "one day only" offer and such. i have had an experience with Haier plasmas in this regard where 1 42" model was available for 1 lac while another was in the 1.7L range with no noticeable diff. the sales man was honest enuff to tell me about the system too. on checking it as true as there were 29" CRT tvs for as less as 8K while 32" CRTs were 25K!! this was 2 odd years ago.

apparently they do this as a sort of brand building thing for general awareness, etc.
so apart from the tech aspects maybe croma has also wised up to this technique.
as far as the brand is concerned I think psychotrophic & srisha are bang on and you would do well to heed their advice.
cheers

Hi,
Check this thread started by me..
Regarding VU

http://www.hifivision.com/television/2071-vu-lcd.html

Today On my office pc site http://www.technologies.vu/ not opening

From My older discusson

"
Read whr r the panels manufactured- answer is

* Vu uses the best & exclusive technology from Japan.
* Vu LCD panels are A+ grade panels from Sharp.
* It`s A+ grade panels provide you the smoothest and crystal clear picture. * Japanese Technology is the world renounced technology.
* LCD Panels are made in Japan & the parts are brought from Japan and assembled in Goa,India.

"

also I am certain the board from china - I think it was mentioned on site or told by sales person....

Hi,
Check this thread started by me..
Regarding VU

http://www.hifivision.com/television/2071-vu-lcd.html

Today On my office pc site :: VU Technologies :: not opening

From My older discusson

"
Read whr r the panels manufactured- answer is

* Vu uses the best & exclusive technology from Japan.
* Vu LCD panels are A+ grade panels from Sharp.
* It`s A+ grade panels provide you the smoothest and crystal clear picture. * Japanese Technology is the world renounced technology.
* LCD Panels are made in Japan & the parts are brought from Japan and assembled in Goa,India.

"

also I am certain the board from china - I think it was mentioned on site or told by sales person....

Thanks for the links , as it gave me a lot of info about the company and there product but somehow I can't believe these guys, with all that they claim that thiers' is an A+ Grade panel and with low prices they would have swept the price sensitive Indian market, they would have been a big hit.

It is so difficult to ascertain if thier panels are actually from Sharp and then there is that big question about the after sale service.

Thier TV sure looks excellent and affordable but somehow the brand does not instill any confidence in the perspective buyer, esp when u see that thier website is non functional now and there is no site update to say if it is temporarily shutdown for updation or what.

They could easily leave thier customers high and dry after the sale.

I am hoping some one posts a review of the tv and the whole experience.

Thanks,
Aryan.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back