Integrated Amplifier within 40-45K

prepress

Hi,

Looking for an INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER, and my requirements are:

1. Prefer if 100 watts or more (8 ohms)
2. Would prefer if Subwoofer out (like Yamaha A-S500, using it now so need different one)
3. Color Silver (but black is good if no choice)
4. Budget is 40K, maximum 45K
5. Use : 100% Music

Considering on Yamaha A-S700 (it has no Sub out, 90W)? Is it superior or inferior than A-S500? Read many reviews on internet but want to hear from actual user if any.

It will help if you describe the other components in the set up. Source,Spekers??

How did you come up with a requirement of 100 W ? Room Size?

The current source is iPOD Classsic (files : Wave 1411kbps and MP3 320kbps), and the speakers are DIY. Room size is 12' X 18'.
It will help if you describe the other components in the set up. Source,Spekers??

How did you come up with a requirement of 100 W ? Room Size?

Last edited:
check for marantz pm7004, should be around your price range.

It has lessor power than you are looking for, but i understand this should suffice to drive entry level floorstanders.

Thanks for taking time to answer, As I am already using Yamaha A-S500 which is 85W per channel. That's why I need another one above 100 Watts.
check for marantz pm7004, should be around your price range.

It has lessor power than you are looking for, but i understand this should suffice to drive entry level floorstanders.

DIY speakers if not full rangers tend to be low comparably sensitivity speakers

i assume that is why you are looking for a high power amp / ?

why dont you DIY the amp as well

you should comfortably do it in your budget with ready made 100rms modules

The speakers I am using now is not completely DIY, Speakers are made by Technics I have modified the crossover and soft dome to make them better. They are 260 Watts (8ohms) per speaker.

DIY speakers if not full rangers tend to be low comparably sensitivity speakers
i assume that is why you are looking for a high power amp / ?

you should comfortably do it in your budget with ready made 100rms modules

Actually I don't want DIY amp, thinking to buy something branded but will consider on it if not found something good in this budget.

"Considering on Yamaha A-S700 (it has no Sub out, 90W)? Is it superior or inferior than A-S500? Read many reviews on internet but nothing helpful so want to hear from actual user if any."

The speakers I am using now is not completely DIY, Speakers are made by Technics I have modified the crossover and soft dome to make them better. They are 260 Watts (8ohms) per speaker.

Actually I don't want DIY amp, thinking to buy something branded but will consider on it if not found something good in this budget.

If you want a significant bump in power (and also considering your speakers are capable of absorbing 260 watts of power), you could consider a good quality Class D amp.

My knowledge of Class D is actually limited but what I do know is that the new Class D modules have very good sound quality and work really well with hard to drive speakers.

I also say this because I've been looking into Class D as well and I too have hard to drive speakers. I would only be able to do this a bit later in time though due to financial reasons - but I strongly feel that it represents the future of audio amplification (although lots of people have said this lots of times). Hypex nCore NC400 modules for example have a really good reputation for quality and reliability and are available at a really good discounted price for DIYers (in fact, they are not sold commercially). Based on other people who have assembled it, it really is not much of a DIY effort and really just involves putting it in a cabinet and plugging in the connectors.

It would be a bit beyond your budget but I'm sure there are many other options that are cheaper.

Are you referring on this :

Four Hypex Ncore NC400 mono blocks, sell in pairs - diyAudio

If you want a significant bump in power (and also considering your speakers are capable of absorbing 260 watts of power), you could consider a good quality Class D amp.

My knowledge of Class D is actually limited but what I do know is that the new Class D modules have very good sound quality and work really well with hard to drive speakers.

I also say this because I've been looking into Class D as well and I too have hard to drive speakers. I would only be able to do this a bit later in time though due to financial reasons - but I strongly feel that it represents the future of audio amplification (although lots of people have said this lots of times). Hypex nCore NC400 modules for example have a really good reputation for quality and reliability and are available at a really good discounted price for DIYers (in fact, they are not sold commercially). Based on other people who have assembled it, it really is not much of a DIY effort and really just involves putting it in a cabinet and plugging in the connectors.

It would be a bit beyond your budget but I'm sure there are many other options that are cheaper.

Yes but this is an assembled unit that someone is selling. You can buy direct from hypex website.
This was just an example of a class d but please do read online reviews of hypex ncore. By the way only the diy version is so cheap because the company really cares for the diy community. The commercial one is many times more expensive.

Let see if not found something good within my budget.
Yes but this is an assembled unit that someone is selling. You can buy direct from hypex website.
This was just an example of a class d but please do read online reviews of hypex ncore. By the way only the diy version is so cheap because the company really cares for the diy community. The commercial one is many times more expensive.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back