Interest Check: Mumbai Music Meet Starring Amphion Helium 410

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, would have loved to be there and have a listen......unfortunately, I return only on the 23rd of April.

Hi All,
I most probably would be able to make it. Please let me know the location details.

Thanks,
pushkarDighe

Santy, Kuks1, tanmayj, kneo, shafic, pushkardighe, hari iyer, hope you guys still are on for the 13th.

Anybody else interested, then pls confirm by this weekend. Most probably the venue will be changed as a much smaller of people likely to attend. Will update all on the venue address shortly.

Thank you

its good this is happening. even if only 1 speaker an occasion to meet/talk/discuss/hear audio is always a good opportunity

Santy, Kuks1, tanmayj, kneo, shafic, pushkardighe, hari iyer, hope you guys still are on for the 13th.

Anybody else interested, then pls confirm by this weekend. Most probably the venue will be changed as a much smaller of people likely to attend. Will update all on the venue address shortly.

Thank you

yes denom i am on.

Yes denom. Am still on for the 13th but only for half a day. Also, I'd like to clarify that I'm definitely not the target audience for speakers in this price range. I am just tagging along so that I can experience what speakers of this class can do and find out what is the thing that you audiophiles are so mad about :)

I re-confirm for the meet on 13th. It is always good to meet people and discuss music/ audio gear. I hope more enthusiasts show interest to join.

Denom - Can you please confirm about this meet whether it's happening or not? It's already Monday, so the sooner we get a confirmation the easier it is for us to make plans.

Looking forward to the meet.

Thanks all for re-confirming your presence for the meet. Meet venue location is being firmed up, have requested KJ to do so by tomorrow.

Thanks

Hi all,

Venue confirmed, details of which are as noted below:

Sea-Lord A,
17th Floor,
Cuffe Parade
Mumbai 400 005

Very close to Hotel Taj President

Sea Lord Building A in CUFFE PARADE, COLABA, Mumbai - 360-degree view on WoNoBo.com

Just confirming the date & time again:

13th April 2014 (Sunday)
Time 1030 - to 1700 hrs
Lunch & Refreshments will be arranged

Speaker(s) :
Amphion Helium 410
Amphion Helium 520

Electronics:
Marantz PM6005
Oppo 103

Cables (will know at the time of meet) :lol:

Hope we have a good turn out

:)

Hi all,

Venue confirmed, details of which are as noted below:

Sea-Lord A,
17th Floor,
Cuffe Parade
Mumbai 400 005

Hope we have a good turn out

:)

Great;
Juhu to Cuffe Parade.
D & D's house / Office - Nexus Audio Video.
That means we get to listen to the Manger 103 Active & EMM Machine.
Good News.
This will be fun. :clapping:
Thank You for the update.

Just curious - why such poor electronics for the demo? The source is not even meant for music listening.

Just curious - why such poor electronics for the demo? The source is not even meant for music listening.

Speaker(s) :
Amphion Helium 410
Amphion Helium 520

Electronics:
Marantz PM6005
Oppo 103

These are 'well matched'
Is the Marantz so bad ?
The Oppo is a good machine - super VFM @ that price point - i feel.

The Manger is mated with an EMM combination & that is well mated...too:cool:

I too wonder if the source and amplification can justify the speakers' capabilities

Speaker(s) :
Amphion Helium 410
Amphion Helium 520

Electronics:
Marantz PM6005
Oppo 103

These are 'well matched'
Is the Marantz so bad ?
The Oppo is a good machine - super VFM @ that price point - i feel.

The Manger is mated with an EMM combination & that is well mated...too:cool:

Well to be honest I use a marantz integrated with a pair of jamo e700 bookshelves as computer speakers. Doesn't sound terrible but would not call it demo worthy material for sure.

The oppo is an excellent machine for video I agree. But for music? That too for a demo? I have tried a bd83 as a CD player when someone got it over. The test was done in less than a minute. I wonder if this one is any better.

Well to be honest I use a marantz integrated with a pair of jamo e700 bookshelves as computer speakers. Doesn't sound terrible but would not call it demo worthy material for sure.

Price Points :-

Amphion Helium 410 Review, Price in India, Specifications - AVMAX on Tech2

&

Marantz PM6005 Integrated Amplifier with DAC

Both are 'close' by;

65 : 40

[65 may get discounted - but the 40 may not go 'that south]
Hence they are actually an OK pair - I suppose.

Besides, I think, the D & D may want to show / prove that the speakers potential exist with very average 'entry' level electronics too.

If some FM's want to get their own amplification along - you may ask - maybe the OT may approve - I do not know - just a guess;;

Price Points :-

Amphion Helium 410 Review, Price in India, Specifications - AVMAX on Tech2

&

Marantz PM6005 Integrated Amplifier with DAC

Both are 'close' by;

65 : 40

[65 may get discounted - but the 40 may not go 'that south]
Hence they are actually an OK pair - I suppose.

Besides, I think, the D & D may want to show / prove that the speakers potential exist with very average 'entry' level electronics too.

If some FM's want to get their own amplification along - you may ask - maybe the OT may approve - I do not know - just a guess;;

Woah! Had no idea that entry level amps cost so much now. I paid less than half of that for mine. At that time the pm7004 was around 32.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back