Ipod Dock

Edifier, logitech, Altec... lot of options on ebay.in .. search which are within ur budget and check the specifications..

JBL also has ipod docks.. check out the link .. India JBL

Yamaha too have docks but not sure about the price...

cheers..!!!

Edifier, logitech, Altec... lot of options on ebay.in .. search which are within ur budget and check the specifications..

JBL also has ipod docks.. check out the link .. India JBL

Yamaha too have docks but not sure about the price...

cheers..!!!

Any comparison of SQ between the models?

IMO, the best option is to have ipod connectivity to AVR through USB port on the AVR. This will enable access to the files directly.

In general DAC of AVR is better than ipod DAC. Sound quality of direct USB connection will be better than connecting ipod via RCA cables to the AVR through a Dock.

In case you decide on a dock, check for feature like showing the ipod playlists in the TV so that you can select the song and change the song without looking into small ipod screen.

I have Onkyo iPod dock which allows me to view the playlists in tv and select/change song using Onkyo remote or ipod dock remote.

Digital connection to AVR using Onkyo ND-S1 is another option. ND-S1 can connect to AVR using optical audio (digital) cable. I am not sure whether it is bypassing the DAC of ipod. As per my knowledge ND-S1 won't display the ipod contents on TV.

Iam using Bose Ipod Dock Series II for past 2 yrs in my bedroom. Excellent SQ. Quality of sound does't come down even at higher volumes. I have auditioned edifier docks, does't come near to bose. Considering your budget, go for Altec/Logitech.

Thanks Adarsh. Any particular model you would suggest in ALtec / Logitech.

Has anyone used JBL...i am ok to stretch my budget a bit.

Go for "Altec IMT 702 Ipod Iphone Portable Dock Speakers"
you can find it on ebay.
Some features of this dock are impressive like LCD display to show song/playlist,fm, li-on battery- upto 3 hrs backup, and not the least 'fm radio'.

You can also check out L23-9040 ::Logitech S135i Portable Speaker for iPod - Bass Boost, 3.5mm Jack, Adjustable Volume, Black(0.4 lbs). Probably a good choice for a lower budget.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back