Is it ok to import speakers from other country ?

Hi, please go through this thread for import formalities posted in great detail by fellow member Vivek

I had recently bought a pair of KEF Q150 from the US which were brought by a relative as checked in baggage and marked as fragile, he managed to bring them without much difficulty since the speakers were relatively small and the cost was within permissible limit. No experience of importing through shipping though.
I read it. Now i got clear idea. Thanks anshul for providing this link.

As far as trusting in KEF goes, I have Q7, Q5 and Q9C since 2004. No problem at all. Bought locally in 2004 in Bangalore thru the Pro FX dealer at that time. God's grace no problems at all.
I would recommend buying speakers locally as they are fragile items and all packing in the world cannot guarantee safe delivery plus customs shipping tension etc don't make it worthwhile. Better buy locally though you may pay more.
PS: Speakers are made in china not UK! :)
Do these local dealers provide discounts ? I heard and read, in chennai products are cheap itseems. For example, some one in this forum said that Denon X4500H is quoted for 1.1 Lakh, against MRP 1.69 Lakh. Is this possible and true ?

Ya i have other options as well, but i thought of arendal speakers as they have got very nice reviews from many of them also it fits well in my budget.
I am thinking of Kef Q series speakers as well, but for some reason i dont have much trust on them. These were the speakers i had in mind along with arendal as second option.

Kef Q350 as fronts, Q650C as center and Q50A as surrounds and polk ceiling speakers for atmos, SVS PB1000 dual subwoofers and Marantz/Denon 7.2 av receiver.

But is there any one using Kef speakers and i want to know from them, does they last long at least 10 Years ?

Thanks.
I have kef r 300 and m not satisfied with the sound in terms resolution, but thats for stereo set up, i tried it in my home theatre and it was good, so it depends upon priorities and if u want 50% music and 50% movies then go for other option than buying q350

Ive been so tempted to order a pair of Dynavoice speakers to India. They cost just 18k in Sweden, but local dealers are selling them at a cost of 54k that too after discount. :(
Which website would you use for ordering Dynavoice with delivery to india

I have kef r 300 and m not satisfied with the sound in terms resolution, but thats for stereo set up, i tried it in my home theatre and it was good, so it depends upon priorities and if u want 50% music and 50% movies then go for other option than buying q350

Thanks for reply. Just for home theater sake only. So Q350 as fronts and Q650c as center is best i feel.

Ya i have other options as well, but i thought of arendal speakers as they have got very nice reviews from many of them also it fits well in my budget.
I am thinking of Kef Q series speakers as well, but for some reason i dont have much trust on them. These were the speakers i had in mind along with arendal as second option.

Kef Q350 as fronts, Q650C as center and Q50A as surrounds and polk ceiling speakers for atmos, SVS PB1000 dual subwoofers and Marantz/Denon 7.2 av receiver.

But is there any one using Kef speakers and i want to know from them, does they last long at least 10 Years ?

Thanks.
KEF iQ5 - almost 20 years old now !
I use two sets of KEFs (details in sig) - will recommend them strongly
Although they do have their own peculiar sound which you will either love or hate so suggest trying them out first

Ya, here too, same profx dealer, USK electronics. Took the quotation of Kef speakers, but after going through few reviews i found few users who used kef's, said sound is not good at high volumes. Thats why looking for alternative brand also.

Hi Srikanth, are you currently using Kef Q150?

I havent checked the second page, but just to answer your question........
Consider 35 to 40% on invoice, the invoice/document which DHL or any other courier is carrying.
Add your dealer invoice amount by 35-40% , that will be your total amount till the shipment reaches your doorstep.
Senior members can correct me if am wrong, also this 35-40% may vary, but am not sure about it.
Cheers and Have Fun
Aditya

Consider 35 to 40% on invoice, the invoice/document which DHL or any other courier is carrying.
Add your dealer invoice amount by 35-40% , that will be your total amount till the shipment reaches your doorstep.
Senior members can correct me if am wrong, also this 35-40% may vary, but am not sure about it.
Cheers and Have Fun
Aditya
OK.

Cheers and Have Fun
Aditya
How about buying it used ? For example from eBay In Europe with invoice ? Will they check the invoice amount or the amount they check the Orginal price back in its day for calculating the tax ?

How about buying it used ? For example from eBay In Europe with invoice ? Will they check the invoice amount or the amount they check the Orginal price back in its day for calculating the tax ?
Totally depends on situation I guess, as far as I know, if the courier takes up the responsibility of clearing the customs, then its 40% on the invoice.
However I heard that they charge based on the current value of the product, I dont think they do that on used goods IMO

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back