Is it ok to import speakers from other country ?

@Beginner_N Yup! I saw these ones too. Do you have these?

As of now shipping from abroad to India may be more expensive due to less traffic of cargo planes . Besides it would take much longer to reach India than during normal times. Have just ordered for some novels from Amazon UK. Only the cost of shipping & packaging is almost double the price of the novels itself & estimated time is 23 days to reach which would have otherwise reached in 3 days by Prime.
Would be prudent to wait till the situation normalises.

As of now shipping from abroad to India may be more expensive due to less traffic of cargo planes . Besides it would take much longer to reach India than during normal times. Have just ordered for some novels from Amazon UK. Only the cost of shipping & packaging is almost double the price of the novels itself & estimated time is 23 days to reach which would have otherwise reached in 3 days by Prime.
Would be prudent to wait till the situation normalises.
Yup that's the plan!

I have kef r 300 and m not satisfied with the sound in terms resolution, but thats for stereo set up, i tried it in my home theatre and it was good, so it depends upon priorities and if u want 50% music and 50% movies then go for other option than buying q350
Hi May I know which amp u have paired KEF r300 for stereo.

Ok. I never heard that amp personally. But I have heard R300 with my Adcom 535 power amp with an Tube cd player ( forgot the model) 2 years back. The sound was beautiful.
ok. may be my amp is weak for the speakers and it needs more powerful amp, though my speakers are loud enough ar 25% volume, but i guess its not about volume. Rega brio is rated at 45*2 @8ohms

ok. may be my amp is weak for the speakers and it needs more powerful amp, though my speakers are loud enough ar 25% volume, but i guess its not about volume. Rega brio is rated at 45*2 @8ohms
OK.Though my adcom 535 is only 60 watts *2 @8 ohms -Nelson Pass designed dual mono.But IMO one more important factor is amp+speaker matching ( compatability)...This I have seen if not correctly matched, its alter the sound signature .

Hello All, Want to end this thread here. Not going to import speakers as of now. Decided to go with Kef Q series package and SVS subwoofer. Thanks for all your guidance guys. Thanks soo much.

Hi all,

This is the site i am looking into.

I am planning to buy from them coming soon in future, I asked them the price including shipping. It is 1828 euros. They will deliver either through UPS or DHL express service. Currently UPS makes custom clearance it seems ( what is mean by this ?).

Can someone please tell me the final price after adding custom duty or import taxes in india, until it reaches my home. I live in Hyderabad.

Thanks in advance :)
Don’t know if it’s helpful but one tip, whenever importing from outside India do check with the sales team of the brand if they can send it as ‘DPP’ which is Delivered Duty Paid. In that case all shipping +custom duty and taxes are borne by the company itself. Have heard that Buchardt Audio do this as well. Cheers

hello guys, please follow my thread.

Ya, here too, same profx dealer, USK electronics. Took the quotation of Kef speakers, but after going through few reviews i found few users who used kef's, said sound is not good at high volumes. Thats why looking for alternative brand also.
It's ok to import speakers , if you have already listened to them and like them + ready to take up risks like + heavy custom duties + warranty + service issues.

Did you check other speakers apart from KEF. They will be sounding little bright , but its good speaker overall.

You may check other speakers like : Wharfedale (Evo series are good) , Monitor Audio , Sonus Faber (little expensive) ,Dali ..etc .

hello guys, please follow my thread
Good to know you are settled down with KEF... Finally :)

This is the link.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back