Is the 65" Hisense U7K any good?

variablevector

It's currently available for ~71k on Amazon with EMI discounts. I was going to buy it until I saw that the Indian version has an IPS panel, while the international ones have VA. Not sure how much that compromises the contrast ratio in practice but I've seen a few worrying reviews on Amazon.

I don't want to move down to 55" and I honestly don't want to spend over 80k on a TV at the moment. What are my options? Should I just buy the U7K anyway?

Thanks.

Last edited:
You can get Samsung & LG well within your budget.
There's even a Sony on Amazon under 80k.
None with local dimming or brightness even half that of the U7K.

Anything below 1.2-1.3 lakhs for 65” from Sony/Samsung/LG is basically e-waste for home use and best used in commercial settings like hospitals/digital signage where PQ doesn’t matter.

Thanks for the advice @Naturelover @lightgamer.

I guess I'll stick with the Hisense then. Hopefully I get a good unit, their QC seems hit or miss.
Bought a BPL TV (rebadged Hisense) around 5 years back, died after just after a year plus - out of warrany had to scrap it cause twas too expensive to repair.

Replaced it with Samsung and still working great after 3 years + :)

Personally wouldn't buy any Chinese brand TV. Samsung and LG are a safe bet.

Bought a BPL TV (rebadged Hisense) around 5 years back, died after just after a year plus - out of warrany had to scrap it cause twas too expensive to repair.

Replaced it with Samsung and still working great after 3 years + :)

Personally wouldn't buy any Chinese brand TV. Samsung and LG are a safe bet.
Yeah, I hear ya, all of my past TVs have been Sonys/Samsungs and they've all lasted 5+ years. But since this is apparently such a good value at this price, I figured I'd roll the dice and bought it.

what are your initial thoughts and reviews on the 65U7K.. I’m in a similar boat..

I love it. The colors, contrast, HDR, FALD etc are all excellent and I don't think I would get this in any other TV for the same price. I was worried I would get a panel with massive backlight bleed or other major issues, but I didn't. It's a big upgrade from any other TV I've used.

The only problem is that I can count 4 dead pixels in different parts of the screen. They're all scattered about and I sit far away enough that I didn't notice until I started pixel peeping a few inches away from the screen.

So I'm not sure if I want to go through the hassle of claiming the warranty for it. Or if they would even let me for that number of dead pixels.

Another annoyance is that VIDAA OS is useless. You have the tiniest list of apps and can't sideload anything else. So you will definitely need something like a FireTV or Shield.

Thanks! This is extremely helpful. Had a bad experience with an LG IPS panel and was sceptical picking up the 65” due to the IPS Panel. Do you often watch shows / movies in a dark room? Is the screen at par with a VA screen?

Thanks! This is extremely helpful. Had a bad experience with an LG IPS panel and was sceptical picking up the 65” due to the IPS Panel. Do you often watch shows / movies in a dark room? Is the screen at par with a VA screen?
I've seen a few movies in the dark so far and it looks really good with HDR / Dolby Vision, especially once you change the default settings a bit. There's some minor blooming around the black bars when you're watching 16:9 content and there are cases where the lack of more dimming zones starts to be apparent, but overall, I'm pretty impressed with how good the blacks are and how well the dimming works. But I think there are probably areas where you would still be able to tell that it is IPS.

I'm not an experienced AV enthusiast by any stretch and I've never used a VA panel so I can't comment on how good it is in comparison, or the flaws that you might see that I won't. What I can tell you is that it is better than any IPS display I've owned. Viewing angles are good too.

No consoles. I play on PC and I'm waiting to buy the new Firestick Max 2nd gen so I can do moonlight/steam streaming.

I've seen a few movies in the dark so far and it looks really good with HDR / Dolby Vision, especially once you change the default settings a bit. There's some minor blooming around the black bars when you're watching 16:9 content and there are cases where the lack of more dimming zones starts to be apparent, but overall, I'm pretty impressed with how good the blacks are and how well the dimming works. But I think there are probably areas where you would still be able to tell that it is IPS.

I'm not an experienced AV enthusiast by any stretch and I've never used a VA panel so I can't comment on how good it is in comparison, or the flaws that you might see that I won't. What I can tell you is that it is better than any IPS display I've owned. Viewing angles are good too.

No consoles. I play on PC and I'm waiting to buy the new Firestick Max 2nd gen so I can do moonlight/steam streaming.
How does DV look in it? That is the major gripe I feel while watching "lower end" TVs...shows in DV like many on Apple tv look too dark and cant make out anything

Thanks! This really help!

How does DV look in it? That is the major gripe I feel while watching "lower end" TVs...shows in DV like many on Apple tv look too dark and cant make out anything
I caught a family member watching Ted Lasso on Apple TV the other day. There's a scene in front of a night club and it looked stunning. I can definitely tell a difference between normal HDR and DV on it. But again, my eyes have not been spoiled by expensive TVs, haha.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back