jamo C605/ C607

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.....Absolutely! I think they are an exceptional bargain for their price.

But I get the feeling that these Jamo speakers are more expensive in your part of the world, than they are here....in the USA. That probably is one of the reasons for the polarization of a few of the opinions, here.

Are you saying that the Jamos C600 and 800 series are the best in class speakers in their price range?

Furthermore, since you guys have been talking subjectivity.

Why is it okay for someone to speak negatively in definitive terms, without they themselves renminding everyone that it's all subjective.

But when I present my counter-argument of postitives, all of the sudden you people need to remind everyone that it's all subjectivity?

Why is that?

I dont have any argument and I will not talk on behalf of others. I dont think the objective of this forum is to argue, but then that may just be me.

Jamo's S series of speakers are mediocre. The Concert series are good speakers for the money. Especially the C405. If there are people disagreeing with this, then so be it. I mean - what are we going to do about it?

I'm just realising you said ROC knew his way around audio systems.But he said the E855 were speakers he owned,but the c605s were crappy.In actual fact the spec&build on both pairs of speakers is identical exept better quality drivers on the 605s.So how can 1 pair of speakers which is identical to another pair be of better quality?well this is coming from someone that knows his way around audio according to yourself,vortex.NMYTREE is exactly right in his post about certain people having their say when they know absolutley zilch about said speaker(s).:)

Are you saying that the E855 and the C605 are the same speaker? Once you answer then lets talk about the other things.

Well i suppose i'm at the dark end of the class along with suri & nmytree:eek:and not in the light with yourself & the rest of the angels.:sad:

There you go again! No, I was not ranking you or NMyTree or the other gallant knights from the Jamo stable as evil. And no, I am not being sarcastic as much as it may sound that way.

nmytree sorry for taking so long to respond, somehow managed to miss this thread.

To call someone a liar (or accuse them of lying) is rude, unless you have some solid basis on which to make that accusation. Inaccurate statements can be made on account of a variety of reasons (poor room setting, poor associated components, imperfect recollection, n number of extraneous factors) and to jump to the conclusion that it is a lie and that they are being dishonest, and to express that to the people concerned and the public at large, is rude, any way you slice it. Oh yes, it's also libel...in some countries.

That you pointed out that you believe that their information is inaccurate is fine, but to call them liars is absolutely not. Is is that difficult to understand this distinction?

I do hope that I have satisfied your query on where you have been rude and I look forward to hearing from you whether you have any logical, sensible response to this. Thanks.

(I am not responding to the other stuff in your post, because I don't want you to try and go around in circles responding to this)

I haven't been rude to you or anyone else, here. Even though some have provoked.

So psychotropic, please show me to a post where I am behaving in a manner which you have decribed me.

You're being a bit premature in your "warning" and characterization of me. And your representation of my posts here at HiFivision, is truely a misrepresentation and inaccurate. Seems to me you're just trying to provoke and instigate trouble.

Oh that's right, you're attempting to do it ....politely:rolleyes:

Realistically speaking, your representation of me in that AVS forum thread, is also inaccurate. If you read the thread from the beginning, you clearly see that the person who started that thread, was asking for a specific information and help about the Jamo C603 bookshelf speakers compared to the SVS SB-01. Veda, the dealer in question was the first to respond with some fairly silly and highly inaccurate comments about Jamo speakers, as a whole. Based on his alleged brief experience with what allegedly was the Jamo S506. But he wasn't too sure. In fact, Tank asked about a bookshelf speaker in the C60 Series, and Veda responded with silly comments about the S506 and a very inacurate generalization about Jamo speakers, soley based on his alleged "experience" with the S506. Which is a floorstander.

I saw someone being dishonest with someone who was asking for help. And spreading misinformation and lies.....that's not helping the original poster. Maybe you guys prefer to just ignore someone who's trying to pass along lies and misinformation. But I prefer to call them out on it and provide more truthful and accurate ionformation.

And my first post I clearly suggested the user audition the speakers, first.

That thread over at AVS speaks for itself. Personal taste and preference is one thing. Complete misinformation, inaccurate information and peddling misconceptions based on lies; is an entirely different situation. I feel confident those with a fair mind can make the distinction.

Are you saying that the E855 and the C605 are the same speaker? Once you answer then lets talk about the other things.
NO,obviously they are not the same exact speaker,in fact i would say the c605 is a slightly improved version.Specification wise there is nothing between them,i dont know if the 855 is made in denmark or china-(along with 605),and what relevance this has with people i dont know.Personally where they are assembled cant change the quality/non quality of a product IMHO.But as R.O.C said he owns the 855 and its OK,but the 605 (almost identical) is crappy?? so to my mind that is a direct contradiction on what he is saying!:)

nmytree sorry for taking so long to respond, somehow managed to miss this thread.

I do hope that I have satisfied your query on where you have been rude and I look forward to hearing from you whether you have any logical, sensible response to this. Thanks.

(I am not responding to the other stuff in your post, because I don't want you to try and go around in circles responding to this)
GEEEESSH!!Will yous give the chap a break,i only know NMYTREE as long as yourselves and to me looking at it he has been courteous,explanitory(even fondly so) and willing to listen and advise.And seemingly he is rubbing people up the wrong way because he has extensive hands-on experience with a lot of jamo speakers Afterall it is supposed to be a jamo speaker thread is it not?:indifferent14:

hey maladjusted.....are you saying that coming on a forum and calling a long time member a liar and dishonest, without any basis except a personal belief that his subjective conclusions on a loudspeaker are inaccurate, is 'courteous' ? (this is not a rhetorical question, i'd love to hear your yes/no answer)

GEEEESSH!!Will yous give the chap a break,i only know NMYTREE as long as yourselves and to me looking at it he has been courteous,explanitory(even fondly so) and willing to listen and advise.And seemingly he is rubbing people up the wrong way because he has extensive hands-on experience with a lot of jamo speakers Afterall it is supposed to be a jamo speaker thread is it not?:indifferent14:

Jamo's S series of speakers are mediocre. The Concert series are good speakers for the money. Especially the C405. If there are people disagreeing with this, then so be it. I mean - what are we going to do about it?

Jamo S606 HCS 6 review from TechRadar UK's expert reviews of Hi-fi and AV speakers I would say the S series are a bit more than mediocre for the money.And the way you seem to come accross is what you say is gospel and its like your daring ordinary people to challenge your regal assessment!:mad:

hey maladjusted.....are you saying that coming on a forum and calling a long time member a liar and dishonest, without any basis except a personal belief that his subjective conclusions on a loudspeaker are inaccurate, is 'courteous' ? (this is not a rhetorical question, i'd love to hear your yes/no answer)
Well psychotropic its the same old story:Its seemingly ok for long time member like yourself with over 2000 posts to have an opinion and diss somebody elses opinions.No i am not saying its courteous to call anybody a liar & dishonest,but i would say practice what you preach and actually know what it is your recommending or slamming by knowing the product as well as somebody would.

hey maladjusted, aren't we speaking about subjective opinions on loudspeakers, where there's no gospel truth one way or the other, whether it is from techradar, or thevortex or maladjusted? Then why would you be unpleasant enough to say stuff like this?

This is a public forum where people air their subjective opinions. No one's opinion is sacrosanct, and no one's opinion is to be dismissed with accusations of dishonesty, arrogance or any other such putdowns. Stick to facts and your own opinions please. Point out where you differ with the other members, but let's not descend to name-calling and taunting. thevortex has been very patient with you and has not risen to your bait, but you keep taunting him. This is quite off-putting and is not going to win you any fans, or win your point of view any respect.

Jamo S606 HCS 6 review from TechRadar UK's expert reviews of Hi-fi and AV speakers I would say the S series are a bit more than mediocre for the money.And the way you seem to come accross is what you say is gospel and its like your daring ordinary people to challenge your regal assessment!:mad:

Last edited:
hey maladjusted, not once have i dissed anyone's opinion. I think you're mixing me up with nmytree here. I have no opinion whatsoever on Jamo speakers, because I haven't heard them enough, so I'd love it if you pointed out where I've dissed anyone's opinion.

If you're talking about my condemning rudeness and unpleasantness, i don't think that counts as dissing an opinion, and I consider it my duty as a regular on this forum (and a moderator on some of the sub-forums) to point this out to keep the discussions civil and productive.

Where have i preached anything that I do not practice? What have I recommended or dissed without knowing enough about it? I'd love to get specific responses to these queries also please, since you've raised the accusations.

Well psychotropic its the same old story:Its seemingly ok for long time member like yourself with over 2000 posts to have an opinion and diss somebody elses opinions.No i am not saying its courteous to call anybody a liar & dishonest,but i would say practice what you preach and actually know what it is your recommending or slamming by knowing the product as well as somebody would.

I have a strong suspicion that maladjusted is nmytree by another name, or one of his cohorts from one of the other forums, recruited by him to provide some support that he was fast losing on account of his rudeness. But then maladjusted, you're also doing the same thing, and your level of support is not about to improve one tiny bit.

Hey NMYTREE are you actually seeing this bxxxxxxt!!Now its just gotten childish:sad:

Are you saying that the Jamos C600 and 800 series are the best in class speakers in their price range?

You know as well as I do, that, there's no such thing in this hobby. No such thing as " The Best".

Speakers and gear are very subjective to personal taste, personal preference and one's own personal budget.

There are a lot of very well built and well designed speakers (and gear) in all price levels.

I never claimed these Jamo speaker Series are The Best in any class or The Best, period.

What I have repeatidly stated is, they are The Best for my own personal tastes/personal preferences. For Me And based on my thorough and extensive hands-on experience.

Never have I gone into any thread and stated that Jamo speakers are The best for everyone or anyone. Never.

Continued........after your next quote...

Again, you seem to be missing the points of my counter arguments.

I take no issue with personal opinion/personal taste/personal preference. Never have. If someone has actually made an honest effort and extensively listened to any Jamo speaker model/series (or any other brand or model I'm familiar with).

In a good environment and with good components and they simply don't like them.

And they focus their comments/criticisms to the actual specific Jamo speaker model they did listen to. I have no issue.

My counter-arguments have been focused on the following:

1) I think we can both agree that in order for one to have an educated, valid, legitimate opinion on any subject matter: one must be familiar with the subject matter they speak of. Correct?

2)
Auro
When you have amplifiers like the PM 7001 , get something which is better then the jamos. the older jamo's were good but not their latest versions.
Please do check the monitor audio , mission , Dali , Energy as these speakers dont need a lot of power and will be a good match for the Marantz.
regards

I kinda agree with soundofmusic here... the newer jamos are mostly mass market speakers. Not that great.

The older D series and the higher end of the E series (E7//E8) were nice musical speakers though not the last word in detail. The current ones are pretty crappy in just about everything. I have an older E855 but I'd not buy any of the newer ones.

yeh, they are nice to look at though. form over substance, my conclusion from a year's exp with the speakers.

3) The comments above are NOT based on hands-on experience. In fact, as I stated yesterday in post number 135; these comments are highly irresponsible, dismissive, broad, all encompassing generalizations and stereotyping; of every Jamo speaker series and model. Based on very little to none hands-on experience.

4) None of the people who made these comments (and a few other's negative comments through out this thread), have heard and lived with every Jamo speaker model in the C60 and C80 Series. Nor have they heard or lived with all of Jamo's speaker series and models.

5) So why would anyone ( several people) make such negative broad, all encompassing generalizational comments; without truely having the hands-on experience and thorough knowledge of the subject matter?

So I challenge their comments and question why no one jumped into the thread waving the "Subjectivity Flag" until I started presenting my positive counter-arguments and dispelling the myths being perpetuated.

Even if it were to be conceded that you're bang on correct in this point, that does not justify calling them liars and dishonest, does it?

these comments are highly irresponsible, dismissive, broad, all encompassing generalizations and stereotyping; of every Jamo speaker series and model. Based on very little to none hands-on experience.

To call someone a liar (or accuse them of lying) is rude, unless you have some solid basis on which to make that accusation. Inaccurate statements can be made on account of a variety of reasons (poor room setting, poor associated components, imperfect recollection, n number of extraneous factors) and to jump to the conclusion that it is a lie and that they are being dishonest, and to express that to the people concerned and the public at large, is rude, any way you slice it. Oh yes, it's also libel...in some countries.

That you pointed out that you believe that their information is inaccurate is fine, but to call them liars is absolutely not. Is is that difficult to understand this distinction?

These posts, which started out the thread. Are absolute misrepresentations and downright misleading. Look at the date of each of the first eight posts and read the content. If you don't see something odd and inherently misleading in those eight posts, then, I don't know what to tell you. I called it as I see it.

It is not rude to call it out. It is what it is. And those posts are nothing, if they're are not inaccurate, misleading and mythical.

Again.....inaccurate, misleading and 'mythical' are not the same as dishonest and lies......lies are deliberately false statements......on what basis are you calling them liars?

And those posts are nothing, if they're are not inaccurate, misleading and mythical.

thevortex has been very patient with you and has not risen to your bait, but you keep taunting him. This is quite off-putting and is not going to win you any fans, or win your point of view any respect.

I in no way never meant to taunt thevortex actually i find him honest in his posts but arrogant.I never came to this thread to win fans or win silly arguments.SEE POST #150.Maybe my self & vortex just clash,who knows.But that does'nt mean i dont like him.I think myself & vortex prob. speak open about our opinions and that can lead to disagreements.Buy the way you said you are the MOD of some other thread and you just happened to miss this one,even though you had earlier post opinions.My self & NMYTREE will never be welcome here because were outsiders with a view.We have tried to get this thread actually discussing its topic,only to be branded favourites and to have overt defence of the name of the product.In actual fact i think from this post i know where our opinions stand with you psychotropic and even in your small appearence would rather we were elsewhere discussing our topics!AND VORTEX IF I REALLY OFFENDED YOU I APOLOGISE-:sad:

If that long time member was irresponsible and inaccurate in his comments, it's not discourteous. It simply is what it is. I called him out on what was inaccurate, misleading comments.

Answer me this. And try not to spin into circles.

Do you actually believe that a long time member, who makes such negative broad, all encompassing generalizational comments; without truely having the hands-on experience and thorough knowledge of the subject matter; is being courteous and helpful?

Do you honestly believe this long time member has heard every Jamo speaker model, in every Jamo Series; to validate this comment..." The current ones are pretty crappy in just about everything" ????????

I ask this. Why are you taking exception to my calling him (and others) out for these misrepresentions and myths, but you ignore the intial negative broad, all encompassing generalizational comments being perpetuated; without people who have no legitimate qualifications to make such comments?

Why are you and several others so focused on ignoring the specifics of my repeatidly stated points and counter-arguments, in favor of what you want the argument to be about?

I'll await your responses. Please, no spinning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back