JBL 4343 coming soon to Mumbai

amazing, big jbls are best... i had jbl L300,(4333).They need serious current to drive those 15"woofers. mine driving them with KRELL monoblocks.
the woofer in 4343 is 2231 where is L300 is 2235(differ by mass ring).
excellent choice.
hope you will enjoy.

Krell, I have been checking with guys who are serious JBL buffs as well as Kenrick Sound. They have all confirmed that a 10 watt will comfortably drive the JBL 4343 or the JBL 4333. Infact a few of them use SET amps. The newer JBLs need more power but JBLs made in 60s and 70s can be comfortably driven with 10 watt amps to very high SPL

Yogibear, the lens is not a big thing. It adds a little focus. Nothing more. Many prefer listening without it. In near field it’s best heard without it.

The 4343 as per the JBL gurus are not meant to be raised if used with original crossover network. They are 42 inches tall and 25 inches wide. Why would you want to raise a speaker that’s already 42 inches high?

Shipping weight for a pair is 280 kgs. These guys are monsters. They are pretty huge

Yogibear let’s hope it all works out:)

The Tekton DI SE speakers I have are really really good. So would be interesting to see in what areas does the 4343 give up to the DI SE and in what areas are they superior

Yogibear i have never experienced JBL before. I have heard a few of the vintage JBL Pro Series in the HMV mastering room. Other than that I am pretty clueless about JBL. Surprisingly it doesn’t appear to be very popular in India unlike Tannoy or Altec.

Krell, I have been checking with guys who are serious JBL buffs as well as Kenrick Sound. They have all confirmed that a 10 watt will comfortably drive the JBL 4343 or the JBL 4333. Infact a few of them use SET amps. The newer JBLs need more power but JBLs made in 60s and 70s can be comfortably driven with 10 watt amps to very high SPL
will try,thanks.i heard people tried high section with tube and lows with ss power amps.but its your choice.have a great listening.
all the best for your journey

Dheerajin, hopefully will stop, sit back and enjoy some music unless Santa thinks I deserve more next year:)

Yogibear, I will be using my David Berning 10 watt amp to drive the 4343

Congrats Prem! What an awesome speaker!

Even I was surprised at the relative lack of interest in JBL speakers in India.
I'm glad you have taken a call - will be a pleasure to listen to these some day.

Will look forward to visiting your place in 2019!

This Christmas, Santa is getting me the JBL 4343 speakers:)

They should be hopefully here latest by mid Jan.

These are 4 way speakers. One 15 inch woofer, one 8 inch mid bass driver, one mid range horn and one super tweeter.

https://audio-database.com/JBL/speaker/4343-e.html

that's a fantastic acquisition. Congratulations! Is there any way I could wrangle an audition? :)

Sure Kapvin. They aren’t here as yet. Should come by mid Jan. Then maybe a week or two for it to settle. Sometime in Feb you can drop in

This Christmas, Santa is getting me the JBL 4343 speakers:)

They should be hopefully here latest by mid Jan.

These are 4 way speakers. One 15 inch woofer, one 8 inch mid bass driver, one mid range horn and one super tweeter.

https://audio-database.com/JBL/speaker/4343-e.html
Hearty congratulations Prem, way to go and wish you a happy listening. Am amazed by your speaker choices though, the Tekton earlier and now the JBLs

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back