JBL ES250PW subwoofer CLUB

After long thoughts and provocations I have ordered JBL 250 es p from Amazon.de . Its on way to India and will reach hopefully by 10th March.
Amount charged from credit card is Rs. 21121.
Thanks every body for their reviews.

Congrats Adie.

After long thoughts and provocations I have ordered JBL 250 es p from Amazon.de . Its on way to India and will reach hopefully by 10th March.
Amount charged from credit card is Rs. 21121.
Thanks every body for their reviews.

Congrats adie. Welcome to the JBL club. :p

HI All,
Can i get some help regarding connections please. My amp has a Pre out and i can use that to connect is what i believe.However wen i connect preout the signal is split to one side of the channel (ie Right pre out then the right speakers dont work and vice versa) and also the output is very low, am i missing something.
Sorry for the NOOB question...Pardon me
Attached is the PIC of AMP s rear side

Attachments

• Yam590_3.jpg
    Yam590_3.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 255
HI All,
Can i get some help regarding connections please. My amp has a Pre out and i can use that to connect is what i believe.However wen i connect preout the signal is split to one side of the channel (ie Right pre out then the right speakers dont work and vice versa) and also the output is very low, am i missing something.

Madhu,
What is the model number of the Amp ?

HI All,

are you doing this?
the splitter is like this

http://www.ebay.in/itm/RCA-MALE-2-R...0?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item3cc30fde80

Last edited:
Madhu,
What is the model number of the Amp ?

Flash: My Amp is Yamaha AX 590
Akd: Without usin splitter i just connected RCA to SUB and the other end to the Metal contact which is connected to both inputs and there was a huge hiss...was scared would blow up the amp....
The metal contact is as shown in the above pic in my post.....

Akd: Without usin splitter i just connected RCA to SUB and the other end to the Metal contact which is connected to both inputs and there was a huge hiss...was scared would blow up the amp....

didn't understand what u r doing

just remember the preout (AMP) gives unfiltered full line level signal which needs to be fed to both SUB and AMP in. in your case theres no other way to do it (speaker level and LFE not possible here)

Don't fiddle with AMP in port, slightest earthing, contact resistance will cause huge rumble/hiss
PS: what u r referring as metal contact are actually jumper

Split the signal at the pre-out only, when you use the headphone does speaker signal cuts off? if yes don't read any more, if not connect 6.3mm/3.5mm male (headphone) to 2 rca male (SUB), thats only other possibility

One thing I didn't understand why JBL haven't provided speaker level input which is fairly a standard in active SUB

I am equally confused as well.
But i guess you have tried this

Remove the metal jumpers from Preout and Main in.
Connect the Preout using a RCA and connect it into the Sub in L+R.

If it does not work or if it did not work.
Then use a RCA and connect it to the Record Out of Amp (Tape 1. However I am not sure about this, Since Yamaha has not mentioned if the output is taken before the Volume control, This is usually the case though and the volume of the sub will not rise or fall with the increase and decrease of the main volume.

Attachments

• AX590.jpg
    AX590.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 237
  • sub back.jpg
    sub back.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 238
I would suggest you to take this route...!!
Connect yr input (ipod,cd player ,dvd.....nythin) to TAPE A in and connect the sub with two RCA cables.... from TAPE A s output.

i.e CD/ipo/dvd plyr SOURCE---->>>TAPE A input RCA s
TAPE A output RCA s to------> SUB L and R in...

Sorry AKD and Flash...
A total Noob Pardon me...
I attached the pic how i connected...
I connected RCA cables to L and R of preout but no output
Provided SUB input thru one RCA to one channel(Right) preout and the other RCA to Main IN (right) and there was output but only Left spkrs were signing with SUB behaving as my right spkrs...
once home wil try the suggestions...
I Understood that i was supposed to connect both Amp in and pre out
Will try out today and keep the thread updated..
Thanks again for the patience in answering my Noob question

Attachments

• simple.jpg
    simple.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
@yahoo0212
theres hardly any diference in SQ between pre out and tape out, but the points to be remembered

1.tape out is fixed gain - no control from the amp
2.generally whatever source is selected it comes out of tape out
3.in some receivers, digital sources (if TOSLINK,coaxial is used in the amp) don't come out of tape out, listeners tend to miss this point! so only analog sources can be received from the tape out

@madhu_7
you have to connect pre out and amp-in in your receiver, otherwise whats the power amp section will do? what comes out of pre out is amped by the power amp section, once you remove the jumpers and keep open the amp-in ports you get huge rumble!

I am so tempted to buy this!

The price is $320 + shipping (Beach Camera)

Could you guys tell me which seller you bought it on Amazon?

Got a mail from amazon.de saying order is cancelled since delivery issue.On Monday it was shown as shipped.yesterday some other location and mentioned as customs cleared.But today couple of mails came stating refund receipt etc.
Again put order for another one with different address.Displayed as shipping tomorrow..
Anyone faced a similar issue?price has also gone up by 20EURO..

Got a mail from amazon.de saying order is cancelled since delivery issue.On Monday it was shown as shipped.yesterday some other location and mentioned as customs cleared.But today couple of mails came stating refund receipt etc.
Again put order for another one with different address.Displayed as shipping tomorrow..

Hey Srenjith, UPS has issues with shipping this subwoofer out sometimes. Anything with magnets in it is on the restricted items list. If the shipping warehouse is in Italy rather than Koeln, it most certainly will bounce back to Amazon from UPS. I tried to order this subwoofer from amazon.de in January twice and it just wouldn't ship since they shipped it from Italy. Some guys on this thread got lucky but I didn't end up getting the subwoofer and this spell doesn't look like it's going to last either.

Anyway, I ended up getting the PC12-NSD so all's well that ends well I guess. :D

Did you try with Bangalore/Chennai address?

I am so tempted to buy this!

The price is $320 + shipping (Beach Camera)

Could you guys tell me which seller you bought it on Amazon?

I think Amazon.de will only ship such products to India which are directly sold by amazon.de not by resellers or other sellers.
I tried for denon 2312 and its says.. This product cannot be shipped to your country ..

Did you try with Bangalore/Chennai address?

First I had put my Trivandrum address. This one ended up in UPS returning the item back to Amazon.
Today I had given Cochin address.UPS have branch office at Cochin. Lets see if it makes any difference.No one at Bangalore/Chennai.

Also one more clarification-after cancellation, they had send a credit note amnt for pdt cost+shipping.But nothing mentioned abt the 60EUROs collected for customs duty!!!!Hope this also gets credited back to my accnt.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back