JBL ES250PW subwoofer CLUB

Friends, can somebody tell me how you ordered on amazon.de?

The US sites adds about 400$ as shipping! then I tried the German site, but it is telling me it cant deliver to a Delhi address?

And what was your total price (Sub, Taxes, Shipping and Customs).

The present price shown is 354 euros, the seller is Telcam-Store. I think, this price is certainly much more than what some have bought.

Thanks

I have ordered sub from Amazon.de site without any hassles. It was availble on site below is order detail.

Items Ordered Price
1 copy (s) of: JBL ES 250 P Active subwoofer with radio control (400 watts) cherry [Electronics] Condition: New Sold by: Amazon EU SarL

EUR 221.85

Subtotal: EUR 221.85
Packaging & Shipping: EUR 40.00
-----
Total excluding VAT: EUR 261.85
VAT: EUR 0.00
-----
Total: EUR 261.85
Advance payment of import fee: EUR 61.05
-----
Total for this Shipment: EUR 322.9

Just see who the seller is . If its Amazon then OK but if any other seller ( like direct electronics etc.) then not OK . Give it a try will work well.

A different story---
I ordered JBL Sub from Amazon.de . It shipped from Germany on 6th March and reached India on 7th March. But then it was there at UPS for a long time and after reaching UPS they told me that they dont have direct delivery at Rohtak Haryana ( Where I am currently based ) and they forwarded to 3rd party. So after a couple of calls I got delivery on 14th night.
To my shock the carton was damaged at 2 points and was tapped to hide this.
Cross fingered I opened the carton and found everything intact.
Now came testing . Connections were easy and sub started to roar like a lion. Was very happy and my children also liked the bass.

But after a couple of minutes LED on sub began to flicker in red and sub became silent. Some couple of seconds it again began to shake the room. This cycle of on and off of a duration of 2-3 seconds continues till date and sub is not functioning normally.

Contacting Amazon.de they gave me option of either getting refund or replacing the piece. I opted for latter and Amazon.de site says my new sub will be shipped on 22nd march . Hope that this piece works normally. And yes they charged 50 euros for shipping.

Kindly comment friends about this queer happening...

Last edited:
That is really a positive news for customers buying from amazon.de. Hope you get the replacement fast.

there are lots of canton speakers listed there. Unfortunately, they can't be shipped :( even when sold by Amazon.
Can anyone compare prices and maybe a request to them can help get those speakers.

A different story---
I ordered JBL Sub from Amazon.de . It shipped from Germany on 6th March and reached India on 7th March. But then it was there at UPS for a long time and after reaching UPS they told me that they dont have direct delivery at Rohtak Haryana ( Where I am currently based ) and they forwarded to 3rd party. So after a couple of calls I got delivery on 14th night.
To my shock the carton was damaged at 2 points and was tapped to hide this.
Cross fingered I opened the carton and found everything intact.
Now came testing . Connections were easy and sub started to roar like a lion. Was very happy and my children also liked the bass.

But after a couple of minutes LED on sub began to flicker in red and sub became silent. Some couple of seconds it again began to shake the room. This cycle of on and off of a duration of 2-3 seconds continues till date and sub is not functioning normally.

Contacting Amazon.de they gave me option of either getting refund or replacing the piece. I opted for latter and Amazon.de site says my new sub will be shipped on 22nd march . Hope that this piece works normally. And yes they charged 50 euros for shipping.

Kindly comment friends about this queer happening...

Well it could be the sub is faulty or -----

1. If you are using wireless , then there is something interfering with the wireless signal, and thats making it lose signal and go silent ( Microwaves, cordless phones etc etc)
Move the sub wireless to another channel

2. The sub is going into protection mode. Like any amp, the plate amp would also have a protection circuit which would get activated if it is overdriven, or Electrical fault etc etc.

However after going through numerous checks to eliminate the problem and yet no respite, then go ahead with your planned replacement

Well it could be the sub is faulty or -----

1. If you are using wireless , then there is something interfering with the wireless signal, and thats making it lose signal and go silent ( Microwaves, cordless phones etc etc)
Move the sub wireless to another channel

2. The sub is going into protection mode. Like any amp, the plate amp would also have a protection circuit which would get activated if it is overdriven, or Electrical fault etc etc.

However after going through numerous checks to eliminate the problem and yet no respite, then go ahead with your planned replacement

Hi , I did try wireless but have used wired connections and in both cases situation is same. To my belief protection circuit gets activated initially after a couple of minutes but after that its for continuity with 3-4 seconds gap. It seems its temperature sensor is misbehaving. All other equipment working fine...

Hey guys, JBL ES250 pw.....order date 28th March 2012.....deliverey@ my home 31st March 2012......awesome.......havnt yet hooked it up...just opened box and checked ....physically all looks ok.....so lez see.......

Guys, I might be upgrading to Velodyne soon. Any bangalore boys looking for the JBL let me know. Might be a better offer around the corner. (;))

I have ordered sub from Amazon.de site without any hassles. It was availble on site below is order detail.

Items Ordered Price
1 copy (s) of: JBL ES 250 P Active subwoofer with radio control (400 watts) cherry [Electronics] Condition: New Sold by: Amazon EU SarL

EUR 221.85

Subtotal: EUR 221.85
Packaging & Shipping: EUR 40.00
-----
Total excluding VAT: EUR 261.85
VAT: EUR 0.00
-----
Total: EUR 261.85
Advance payment of import fee: EUR 61.05
-----
Total for this Shipment: EUR 322.9

I am sorry I did not see your post, adie. Thanks for your help. I was able to figure out the fact that the India shipping is available only for products sold directly by Amazon (dot de). In fact I even ordered but better sense prevailed and cancelled within the stipulated half hour rethink time. Son needs a new phone so apna dil maarna padega! (OK Joking, son does need a phone and wont settle for anything less than Galaxy R, which I am too late to get now, the next choice is S+ or worse, S2!! Sorry for the OT rant, but any suggestions?) I also figured I can live with my gareeb admi ka SW150, for some more time.

Sorry to hear about your Sub, hope everything works out with the replacement. Try and collect the sub from the Delhi office of the courier service instead of relying on the third party and/or refuse to accept a damaged package. Even if they ship a replacement for free, 50 euros is still a good bit of money. The first one seems to have been dropped or fiddled with for sure.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back