JVC Tuner TX - 1L

jayants

Hi,

Can anyone throw some idea about this JVC Tuner Model No.TX-1L?

How is it and what are its limitations?

JVC_zps9ec0f961.jpg

Specs are good specially FM sensitivity 0.9V. Plus have external antenna connectors.

JVC T-X1L

FM/MW/LW digital synthesizer tuner with PLL stereo demodulator. Wide tuning dial, frequency linear for FM, LED signal-strength (FM/MW/LW) and centre-of-channel (FM) meters. FM muting, two-tone dial illumination. First-class specs: 0,9V (75 ohms) sensitivity, 0,15% THD, 82dB S/N (Mono). Weight 4.0kg.
JVC T-X1L
FM/AM Tuner
Tuner section:
Usable Sensitivity: 0.9V (10.3dBf)
50dB Quieting Sensitivity:
Mono (75 ohms): 1.5V (14.8dBf)
Stereo (75 ohms): 22.5V (38.3dBf)

Signal-to-Noise Ratio:
Mono/stereo: 82/70dB
Total Harmonic Distortion:
Mono:
1kHz: 0.15%
Stereo:
1kHz: 0.30%

Capture Ratio (IHF): 1.0dB
Alternate Channel Selectivity: 65dB
Image Response Ratio: 60dB
IF Response Ratio: 90dB

Stereo Separation:
1kHz: 45dB

Aerial Input Impedance: 75 ohms unbalanced, 300 ohms balanced
Fixed: 600mV (3.3k ohms)

AM tuner section:
Usable Sensitivity:
MW: 300V/m (Bar Aerial)
50V (External Aerial)
LW: 50V (External Aerial)

Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.5%
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 50dB
Selectivity: 45dB (10kHz)
Image Response Ratio: 35dB
IP Response Ratio: 40dB

Output Signal Level:
Fixed: 350mV (3.3k ohms)

Dimensions (H x W x D, mm): 108 x 420 x 313
Weight: 4.0kg

in my opinion, for good quality FM listening, NAD tuners are the best, especially the legendary 402 and its sibling, the 412.

Any idea how much are their prices?

Before that, getting one of these NAD tuners here in India is extremely difficult. Reuben initially told me that NAD owners usually don't part with theirs and this is very true. There are many FMs here patiently waiting for years to get their hands on any one of these NAD tuners.

I had a couple of me friends visit me last month and they got to audition my setup and when I played the NAD 412 tuner, one of them asked which CD am I playing and with a smirk I told him its Radio and he was speechless :).

Last edited:
Is the user manual of this model available? What I am getting in Net is service manual.
Can you PM me the location? I have seen NAD from inside, this should be same from description. But I can confirm from service manual.

jayants, I can say ..go and get it. :thumbsup:

It looks good tuner from internals, will sound good if in original condition. Also should not cost a bomb. Rs 2.5-3K INR is best price for working tuner.

I think RP has summed up the NAD 412 fantastically well. Personally I have listened to several tuners but when I heard the NAD 402, I was amazed by the sound. I was even more amazed to note the quality of stereo reception, despite only a 1.5 ft piece of flex wire, being used as a make-shift antenna. Would like to thank my good friend, FM Flanker who first introduced me to NAD tuners and their quality sound.

From my experience, the NAD 402 and 412 are superior because of their high sensitivity, great filtering (noise, static, etc is usually filtered out unless it is unbearable), and their sound quality is fantastic. These NADs also feature the "blend" function which bring forth a mild version of stereo, even in low reception conditionis when other tuners would play in mono with background noise.

And yes, those who experience and own these NADs, don't usually sell. Those who eventually do are those who are fed up with their local FM station's content and see no use for a tuner.

Last edited:
Reuben, I understand your sentiments. But here OP has option available in front of him. He asked if it is good or not. I am telling its good.
So from tuner point of view I can see its analog tuning, local oscillator, mixer with air gang, IC demodulated-stereo decoded sound. NAD is also same except digitally tuned. Believe me this won't sound bad. I have aligned at least 6 different tuners in last 2 years time. But warmth of analog tuned stages is always different. You immediately fall in love. From one FM, I have got chance to see NAD from internally. Even got chance to compare it with my Tandberg TPT 3001. [This was unfair comparison.] That's why I am telling.

Reuben, I understand your sentiments. But here OP has option available in front of him. He asked if it is good or not. I am telling its good.
So from tuner point of view I can see its analog tuning, local oscillator, mixer with air gang, IC demodulated-stereo decoded sound. NAD is also same except digitally tuned. Believe me this won't sound bad. I have aligned at least 6 different tuners in last 2 years time. But warmth of analog tuned stages is always different. You immediately fall in love. From one FM, I have got chance to see NAD from internally. Even got chance to compare it with my Tandberg TPT 3001. [This was unfair comparison.] That's why I am telling.

Noted.

Was actually talking about NAD in the general sense, not in relation to the JVC tuner.

Noted.

Was actually talking about NAD in the general sense, not in relation to the JVC tuner.
No problem brother. You and RP are absolutely correct regarding NAD. NAD is one of the good, 'no-nonsense' and VFM tuner. But it is not so easy to find. Still if option given, one can't ignore this JVC.

jayants, I can say ..go and get it. :thumbsup:

It looks good tuner from internals, will sound good if in original condition. Also should not cost a bomb. Rs 2.5-3K INR is best price for working tuner.

Thanks omishra.
Did u download it?

I think RP has summed up the NAD 412 fantastically well. Personally I have listened to several tuners but when I heard the NAD 402, I was amazed by the sound. I was even more amazed to note the quality of stereo reception, despite only a 1.5 ft piece of flex wire, being used as a make-shift antenna. Would like to thank my good friend, FM Flanker who first introduced me to NAD tuners and their quality sound.

From my experience, the NAD 402 and 412 are superior because of their high sensitivity, great filtering (noise, static, etc is usually filtered out unless it is unbearable), and their sound quality is fantastic. These NADs also feature the "blend" function which bring forth a mild version of stereo, even in low reception conditionis when other tuners would play in mono with background noise.

And yes, those who experience and own these NADs, don't usually sell. Those who eventually do are those who are fed up with their local FM station's content and see no use for a tuner.

Is NAD 412 or 402 readily available nowadays?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back