LG - 32LH60YR vs Sony-KLV-32W550A

nivarp

Hi guys,

i planned to take lcd tv 32 inch, but confused with two models.

LG jazz theatre (LG - 32LH60YR) and
Sony W550A series(Sony-KLV-32W550A).

i went through other threads in the forum,
and from it i able to get that Sony W series having a gud picuture quality over LG lcd tv's, but still not able to make a call.

below mentioned specifications confusing me in selecting sony w series over lg jazz theatre,

LG jazz theatre 32inch loaded with,
Dynamic contrast ratio: 100000:1
response time : 2.4ms
Full HD
USB port with video play
700W audio output

Sony klv -32W550A loaded with,
Dynamic contrast ratio: 30000:1
respone time : <not able to find>--anyone can give me the respone time in the sony W series 32'' inch
Full HD
USB port but no video play, not sure about the mp3 playing also
200W audio output

From the specifications it looks like lg jazz theatre having an edge over sony w series to me,
Please help me on it.

Hi guys,

i planned to take lcd tv 32 inch, but confused with two models.

LG jazz theatre (LG - 32LH60YR) and
Sony W550A series(Sony-KLV-32W550A).

i went through other threads in the forum,
and from it i able to get that Sony W series having a gud picuture quality over LG lcd tv's, but still not able to make a call.

below mentioned specifications confusing me in selecting sony w series over lg jazz theatre,

LG jazz theatre 32inch loaded with,
Dynamic contrast ratio: 100000:1
response time : 2.4ms
Full HD
USB port with video play
700W audio output

Sony klv -32W550A loaded with,
Dynamic contrast ratio: 30000:1
respone time : <not able to find>--anyone can give me the respone time in the sony W series 32'' inch
Full HD
USB port but no video play, not sure about the mp3 playing also
200W audio output

From the specifications it looks like lg jazz theatre having an edge over sony w series to me,
Please help me on it.

specifications are bull..
LG over projects the specifications..
Sony W is a different league altogether.. Take it.

Jump on the W SERIES ASAP , its the best and now with sony doing away with these series its available at awesome reduced price.

well thats easy,take the sony.the only tv that has equals the overall performance is the samsung B6000 LED lcd.

thanxs mate's,
today i checked the prices of models,

LG - 32LH60YR - Rs. 38.7k
Sony-KLV-32W550A - Rs. 41k

i think 41k is worth for sony w series,
but in few showroom they are saying that, sony is going to launch new series of LCD tv's by February first week and after their launch, Sony W series will be their basic model of its brand. They also saying that the new series of LCD tv's will outdate their current models.

Also saying that price tag for the new arriving models would be same or might be less compared to their present segments.(s, its hard to believe, :clapping:)

it seems that there will be 4 models in 32'' segment

Any idea on it ?????
if its true, any specifications on the new models? and if the lauch will be by Feb first week, i can wait.

My budget is around 40k, whether you mate's believe that the new 32'' lcd tv's of sony will be in my budget?

well sony will indeed be launching new models,
starting with BX300(replacment for T series 22",26" and 32") 32" will be priced at 20k or below in rest of asia or perhaps even in the grey market,expect it to cost around 26k in india officialy.

EX300(replacement for S series 32" and upwards).

EX400(replacement for V series 32" and upwards)

NX500(EDGE LED starts from 32" and upwards replacement of W series).

the model which will replace the Z series and X series will be launched later with 3d capability and UV2A panel.

Last edited:
So Sony are the first ones to bring out the 2010 models in India and the US.
The EX400, EX300,BX400 and BX 300 are all out on the Sony India and US sites with prices

Hey Buddy , :)
Any idea how good the Bx300 and Ex300 series is from Sony. I am about to buy a 26 inches Lcd capable of playing movies thru Usb Slot. Can u advise about the Picture Quality and Video Playback range of formats thru Pen Drive. After discounts I am getting the Bx300 for 24500 Rs.

well sony will indeed be launching new models,
starting with BX300(replacment for T series 22",26" and 32") 32" will be priced at 20k or below in rest of asia or perhaps even in the grey market,expect it to cost around 26k in india officialy.

EX300(replacement for S series 32" and upwards).

EX400(replacement for V series 32" and upwards)

NX500(EDGE LED starts from 32" and upwards replacement of W series).

the model which will replace the Z series and X series will be launched later with 3d capability and UV2A panel.

I am a big Fan of the Sony (Partially because of the brand name) that said.
In the earlier series I liked the V 40 inches for its bright colors, liked the W series as well.

Can anyone tell me what the equivalent one is in the new series of Sony i.e EX,BX,NX
And among these which one is value for money? I feel I like the 40EX500

I will be mostly using Hathaway 90% (for sports, Cartoons, News, and Movies) and watching movies on DVD's... may switch to blue ray at a later time.

Another help is how advisable is it to buy from the grey market in Bangalore, anyone with a bitter or sweet experience?

For the KLV40E500 the website price is 73,900, the showroom is offering for 70,000.
What is the price I can expect at National Market?

Regards,
Anthony Harry.

I am a big Fan of the Sony (Partially because of the brand name) that said.
In the earlier series I liked the V 40 inches for its bright colors, liked the W series as well.

Can anyone tell me what the equivalent one is in the new series of Sony i.e EX,BX,NX
And among these which one is value for money? I feel I like the 40EX500

I will be mostly using Hathaway 90% (for sports, Cartoons, News, and Movies) and watching movies on DVD's... may switch to blue ray at a later time.

Another help is how advisable is it to buy from the grey market in Bangalore, anyone with a bitter or sweet experience?

For the KLV40E500 the website price is 73,900, the showroom is offering for 70,000.
What is the price I can expect at National Market?

Regards,
Anthony Harry.

v series is equivalent is the EX400,the W series = to EX500.

well i have sweet experience buying from the grey market,not just one but many.
the EX500 last i heard about a month ago costed 64k,at the same time the BX400 costed 46k,the present price of BX400 in the national market is 44k.so may be EX500 is also cheaper now.

hi guys

I m also fan of Sony products . i have 29" CRT @ home . But i feel LG jazz theatre is much better in terms of value for money

sony 8K costlier than LG and 2 " less :p , lg's sound is much better
Also seen sony has glossy Reflective screen (NX500 ) that could be a prob ?
what's ur opinion

im planning to buy either LG JAZZ THEATER 42 " or SONY 40 " NX500

LG offers much better value for money. The sound on these Jazz theatre series is much better than anything from the competition. And I beg to differ on what many members are implying about picture quality on LG tvs. I don't know about the rest of the other LG tvs but I can say that the PQ of Jazz Theatre is very good. In any case, to get the best picture quality (which is a subjective issue anyway) one needs to play around with and adjust the settings. So I would say - 42" Jazz Theatre any day and not just because of the extra 2". However keep in mind that the screen on the Jazz Theatre series is quite reflective.

Well sound quality is better on the LG jazz.
Its PQ is good only thing is when you compare it to say tvs from sony,samsung,philips it looses.
I wouldn't recommend the NX series.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back