LG 47LB750T from Flipkart busted in 15 mins.

imgene

We got a great deal on LG 47LB750T from Flipkart and decided to order the product. I have a lot of mixed feelings as of now and this post is just to share my experience and in no ways a definitive outcome for any of the events so far.

- Ordered LG 47LB750T from Flipkart (FK) on March 22, 2015. Delivery date shown was March 23, 2015.
- Got notification EOD March 23, 2015 with revised delivery date of March 25, 2015. Scheduled delivery time between 6-8 PM.
- LG 47LB750T arrived between 8:45-9:30 PM on March 25, 2015.
- The FK crew was polite, and courteous. They unwrapped the bad boy (read the TV) and showed the panel to us for any physical damage.
- Paperwork done and the crew left, asking us to schedule the appointment with LG directly.

- Called LG to schedule the installation appointment. Made multiple calls to LG for the same and finally the technician arrived on March 26, 2015.
- TV unwrapped and installed. We went thru the setup cycle and demo. Everything went fine, the TV looked great.
- As soon as the technician left, the TV went off with a solid red light only.
- Immediately called the technician, who had left for another appointment in near by colony. He asked us to perform few steps, which we did and nothing worked. He confirmed to visit us back post his appointment.
- 3-4 hours later, he visits and inspects the TV. Performs few steps and nothing works, asks us to call FK.

- We called FK in front the LG representative and were asked to call LG as LG wants FK customers to be routed to LG first for inspection. The LG representative left.

- We called LG to schedule an appointment, nothing happens no SMS received. We were told the technician will arrive in 24 hours.

- March 27, 2015, Nothing has happened, no communication. Called again and were again given a new reference number, again no SMS received.
- I grow suspicious and then directly call the TL of LG customer service and narrate the whole experience.
- Am told that demo representative has confirmed that TV was working fine when he left our place 2nd time around, which was a lie and I made it very clear to the LG technical TL in clear terms.

- A technician is sent (Mar 27) to our place in afternoon, who opens and inspects the TV. It is confirmed that the mother board is dead.
- I called LG to confirm on the reference number and was surprised to know that the calls were logged under demo/installation category.

- We have asked for a replacement set instead of a replacement part. The technician took photos of the defective part, the FK invoice, etc.

- March 28,2015, I called LG technical TL directly.Have been told it will take 2-3 days and could have been done much faster if we had bought directly from a retailer.

The wait is in progress...

Sorry to hear this. I hope that Indian companies will soon treat On-line sales on par with brick & motar shops.

Good luck- ( and tell FK & LG that you will highlight their response on public forums.....) and keep us informed.

March 29, 105 - Got a call from FK which I missed. I called FK back and spoke to a cust. service representative. Gave him the information and they are also going to help close the loop.
Seems like they will talk to LG tech rep. and then another tech. might visit us to check the TV, they are skeptical and hesitant to give a direct replacement since it is a high value item.
The product is out of stock at FK and they are offering a refund which we don't want. I did confirm that we have 30 days to get a refund from FK.

....Wait in progress

There is a procedure of replacement of a new product or even full refund for items under the category "dead on arrival" which varies from company to company (hopefully it will be at least a week)

I bought a sony phone and found out it was defective on Day 2. I approached the Customer care and as usual they were reluctant to accept it as dead on arrival and was mostly in favour of repair. But when I quoted all the details from their official website regarding dead on arrival policy, they had no other alternative but to issue me a Dead on arrival certificate after taking the defective phone. I took the certificate to the seller and he was ready to give the same set or any company's set (extra amount, if any would have been adjusted) but I took the same sony set.

It's quite unfortunate for a tv to die so soon. Nevertheless you must follow up for a quick replacement and don't settle down for repair. In worst cases you are always backed up by Flipkarts 30 day return policy which i love . hope lg replaces my ur set immediately. Would also request you to check the usage hours on the tv it should be 0hrs to ensure that the set is a fresh brand new one

TV failing out of the Box :mad: Thtaz very bad...

Lucky you got it from Flipkart and they are offering you a refund since they don't have stock... Juz imagine if you had bought from a retail store, you are on your own until LG replaces it for you....

Look for an alternate model as a back-up... Juz incase you don't want to get a refund from Flipkart...

Internet shopping is basically for developed countries, where business ethics are still there. It is not for Indian business whose foundations are laid on cheating, adultration etc. It has been my personal experience and so I never risk buying high value items on the net from any Indian Co. I do not intend to harm anybody's reputation nor I want to generalize, but the risk is there anyway.

Internet shopping is basically for developed countries, where business ethics are still there. It is not for Indian business whose foundations are laid on cheating, adultration etc. It has been my personal experience and so I never risk buying high value items on the net from any Indian Co. I do not intend to harm anybody's reputation nor I want to generalize, but the risk is there anyway.

Ignorance, ignorance, ignorance...

Amazon, Flipkart and Snapdeal, all of them allow for goods to be returned within 30 days and no hassles of running around carrying the items either. Just login and click a button and they will pick it up and even refund the money no questions asked. This is also true for items of high value.

And your logic is befuddling... if its the nature of companies to cheat then how is buying locally any guarantee... unless you have a personal army that can strong arm the seller and get your money back? Locally in fact you are at the mercy of the company, the seller will simply wash his hands off and direct you to the company for followup, repair, warranty claim, etc. With online sellers they step in and guarantee a refund (30-day period typically) to all customers and if anything this ensure the companies comply if they want to continue selling on the online portal. It's in their best interests to refund and settle with customers if they wish to do business on that portal. Now this may be more true for individual sellers and not big companies, but you are still guaranteed a refund in 30 days for every item.

I have even cancelled items in transit and 24 hours before delivery simply because I got a better deal or a better product for less. Not once have I faced any issues and everything has been no questions asked. If anything Flipkart and Amazon both called to confirm the cancellation and told me if the delivery still takes place to not accept it/sign for it and to simply return it.

Heck try to even leave a negative review or low rating on Amazon and see for yourself. Amazon immediately gets involved, taking feedback and working towards a satisfactory resolution.

While I agree to most of the above views expressed by musicbee, but snapdeal is a different breed and beats all these customer focus attitude. If you need I can explain 5 such instances where snapdeal has been pathetic and ignorant to solve customer issues. In all such instances the customer was me. Now I have stopped dealing with snapdeal.

Ignorance, ignorance, ignorance...

Amazon, Flipkart and Snapdeal, all of them allow for goods to be returned within 30 days and no hassles of running around carrying the items either. Just login and click a button and they will pick it up and even refund the money no questions asked. This is also true for items of high value.

And your logic is befuddling... if its the nature of companies to cheat then how is buying locally any guarantee... unless you have a personal army that can strong arm the seller and get your money back? Locally in fact you are at the mercy of the company, the seller will simply wash his hands off and direct you to the company for followup, repair, warranty claim, etc. With online sellers they step in and guarantee a refund (30-day period typically) to all customers and if anything this ensure the companies comply if they want to continue selling on the online portal. It's in their best interests to refund and settle with customers if they wish to do business on that portal. Now this may be more true for individual sellers and not big companies, but you are still guaranteed a refund in 30 days for every item.

I have even cancelled items in transit and 24 hours before delivery simply because I got a better deal or a better product for less. Not once have I faced any issues and everything has been no questions asked. If anything Flipkart and Amazon both called to confirm the cancellation and told me if the delivery still takes place to not accept it/sign for it and to simply return it.

Heck try to even leave a negative review or low rating on Amazon and see for yourself. Amazon immediately gets involved, taking feedback and working towards a satisfactory resolution.

Totally agree on the above points, I have only good things to say about flipkart or amazon. But let me tell you snapdeal is not in the same boat, its the worst out there. Would never ever risk buying any high value or any electronic product from them.

Am thinking of buying the micromax HD TV in case it does not work out. Am open to suggestions. Looking for best panel, without 3D or any SMART functions.

TV failing out of the Box :mad: Thtaz very bad...

Lucky you got it from Flipkart and they are offering you a refund since they don't have stock... Juz imagine if you had bought from a retail store, you are on your own until LG replaces it for you....

Look for an alternate model as a back-up... Juz incase you don't want to get a refund from Flipkart...

March 30, 2015 update: Called up the TL at LG and was told the process has been initiated. It can take up to 2 more days to get the approvals for replacement. Waiting in the wings....

March 30, 2015 update: Called up the TL at LG and was told the process has been initiated. It can take up to 2 more days to get the approvals for replacement. Waiting in the wings....
This episode reinforces my faith in flipkart even more. They are ready to refund you even in the case product is faulty and ideally LG should provide a replacement. Had you bought from a local retailer they would have left you at the mercy of LG and washed their hands off completely. I just hope people remain genuine in their conduct so that e commerce companies like fk and Amazon keep on providing these amazing services to us all. This is a new era in indian market and quite a welcome one.

Am thinking of buying the micromax HD TV in case it does not work out. Am open to suggestions. Looking for best panel, without 3D or any SMART functions.

You can consider VU televisions too, they offer extended warranty too... Not sure how much you paid for LG....

It is Flipkart who will replace the TV for you and not LG... The process is once Flipkart technician checks the product, they will try to replace the TV if it is in stock in same seller (I think WS Retail)... Only if it is Out of Stock, they will offer you refund to your account (or) Flipkart wallet account... (Which seems to be your case)

My friend's room-mate got a broken 40" micromax out of box. Fortunately it was opened by installation person. FK replaced it within 3 business days. They provide 30 days insurance for transit.

Honestly Flipkart can not really be blamed here, they have offered a full refund and did not try to pass the buck, that is good in my opinion. electronic pieces can fail anytime and it is just rotten luck if they fail quickly. Of course build quality and QC matters but even then there are no guarantees.
Personally I would have taken the refund and ordered another piece, rather I am more concerned with the service of the manufacturing companies most of the time. In my experience they almost always will try to avoid replacing a product and try to get by with repairs no matter what the situation.

Last edited:
I bought my LG LED TV from flipkart and the process and the condition so far is good (touch wood)

Regarding snapdeal, let's hope they have improved their quality over all, ever since our AK has started promoting it...

April 01, 2015: We tried to call the LG technical TL and he did not answer my phone. 2-3 attempts and then proceeded to ask my family to try. They were able to reach him, the response was we still do not have the approval and we don't know what is going on. Great, when we asked what we should do since he himself does not know, there was no answer and the phone was disconnected.

I tried to call him and 2-3 attempts later, the phone was not reachable. Next course of action is to talk to LG office and cut it out.

Also, Am just sharing the flow of events as they are occurring. No one on this post should be blaming anyone, be it LG or Flipkart.

Both the companies have been supportive, needless to say LG has a mile to go when it comes to its contact center operations.

Last edited:
Back