LG lcd & DVD player offer

spirovious

LG lcd, plasma & DVD player offer

Hi,

LG has anounced new offer today that Dv388 DVD player 1080p(usb Rs4990/-)
free with any LCD & plasma you buy plus 50 dvds free & hdmi cable too.

1. LCD range- Jazz ,Scarlet, LG53, LG30 (32 to 47in)

Prices - 40 to 48k

2.Plasma range- 32 in to larger

My choice 32 inch.
What do you think?If I opt for LG then which series is better?
Performance,sharp image?
You can even share opinion about DVD player.

What abt LG plasma? 32inch

People who already have LG ,pls share there experience with LG lcd.

Last edited:
Hi,
I, till recently, owned an LG 32" (LC7R) for 5 months. My take on this model:
Pros:
1. Very sharp Images
2. Good colours
3. Variety of aspect ratio options like 16:9, 14:9, 4:3., Original, Zoom1, Zoom2, Spectacle.

Cons:
1. Black resolution was pathetic. Most of the dark areas showed up as one single patch of black. And if you try to increase brightness, all blacks would turn greyish.
2. Viewing angle was very narrow, hardly 45 deg, inspite of the claimed 178 deg on paper. So if you watch from an angle, the images would turn very dull and colours used to appear faded.
Due to these two cons, and also because I wanted a bigger screen (37" would have been ideal for me), I sold off this LG and bought a Panasonic 42" plasma.
But the LG's latest series boast of much higher contrast ratios, and presumably better performance. So do not take my review as final basis for your decision.

1) i have a 42 inch LG Scarlet....its good:)
2) excellent features

purchase it from e-zone or sumaria

Hi,

LG has anounced new offer today that Dv388 DVD player 1080p(usb Rs4990/-)
free with any LCD you buy plus 50 dvds free & hdmi cable too.

LCD range- Jazz ,Scarlet, LG53, LG30 (32 to 47in)

Prices - 40 to 48k

My choice 32 inch.
What do you think?If I opt for LG then which series is better?
Performance,sharp image?
You can even share opinion about DVD player.

People who already have LG ,pls share there experience with LG lcd.

2) excellent features

LG is well known for very good VFM in terms of features. But what's your opinion on performance?

2) excellent features

Hi,

I wld like to know more abt Scarlet.Pros. & cons.

Picture quality?
Motion picture or fast moving object performance?is it judderfree?
Sharpness?
Does it has 100Hzs refresh rate?
Does it has inbuilt upscalers like other brands?
Can it handle 24 frames Blueray films?

Pls.repply little details,your movie,game experience before offer stops.

Last edited:
This 32" LG plasma is not even HD ready. It has native resolution of only 480p (i.e. 852x480) while PAL has 576 lines. So it will downscale even your normal TV broadcast images from 576 to 480. And of course, forget playing Blue Ray in all its glory.
For 32", consider LCD from sony, samsung or panasonic.

During my last few weeks trying to decide on a TV, I was quite tempted by LG's price and features. However, in every showroom, I found the LG's picture quality one of the worst. Maybe, it had to do with the input signal and settings, but even with the same signal, the Samsung and Sony looked much better. I went with the Samsung finally.

Does anyone know what kind of movies come in the 50 DVD pack? English, Hindi or Regional? Are these original DVDs or 2in1 or 3in1 variety? I am planning to buy a 46" LCD soon and Scarlett is one of the TVs I am considering. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

I own LG Scarlet 42" and I found it to be very good with Standard Def. In fact many of the reviews have pointed out that Scarlet does a good job in rendering Std Def compared to other TVs.

I don't own a HiDef DVD player so I can't speak for that.
But LG is good value for money.

Note that Scarlet in India is NOT 100Hz but thus far I have not seen any motion artifacts or judder problems.

Be careful when you compare TVs in a store - dealers usually do the best settings on the TVs/Brands where THEY get the biggest margin. For TV's where the margin is less, they will not do the optimzed settings.

Does anyone know what kind of movies come in the 50 DVD pack? English, Hindi or Regional? Are these original DVDs or 2in1 or 3in1 variety? I am planning to buy a 46" LCD soon and Scarlett is one of the TVs I am considering. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Its a box set of a bunch of dvds. each has 4-5 movies. Half are hindi and half are english.

I had been to various showrooms like Xcite, Croma, Next, DASS, E-Zone etc looking for a 42" LCD TV for one of my friend. He was very much interested in LG53 and we demoed this along with other models such as Scarlet and others.

In all the showrooms we noticed that the volume was very low. This despite keeping it in 100 position both in TV as well as in DTH set-top boxes. We felt as if the volume is kept in 10 - 15 position. Even, the sales persons accepted this and even we noticed this in some of the Samsung models also. One thing which was common was that the speakers in all were located either in the bottom facing downwards or on the sides.

Any take on this aspect ??

I had been to various showrooms like Xcite, Croma, Next, DASS, E-Zone etc looking for a 42" LCD TV for one of my friend. He was very much interested in LG53 and we demoed this along with other models such as Scarlet and others.

In all the showrooms we noticed that the volume was very low. This despite keeping it in 100 position both in TV as well as in DTH set-top boxes. We felt as if the volume is kept in 10 - 15 position. Even, the sales persons accepted this and even we noticed this in some of the Samsung models also. One thing which was common was that the speakers in all were located either in the bottom facing downwards or on the sides.

Any take on this aspect ??

Sound can be thin than actual if it is mounted on wall.If you keep LCD on
Desk or wallunit sound can be little large.

Well best is to use external speakers or HT speakers for TV audio as they will do full justice to a TV set that size, i don't feel any LCD tv viewer pays much emphasis on the volume part as most people connect external speakers.

Personally on my panny 42" Q9 i have never used internal speakers and have them turned off for over an year now

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back