Libertyshow Screen-Matt white- 6x8-120"

srinisundar

:)Hi Friends,

For last few days, I planned for doing some cable management adding power points below my earlier fixed frame(wall) screen inorder to have more power points which will be more helpflul in cable managment...

Added with that I purchased Liberty Show Neptune Screen Motorized screen / Matt White/ 6x8- 120" diag which i planned to install today...

Had some photoshoot out with some ripped bluray films and also with original bluray disc. My camera is only 3.2 MP.. so bear with that.. I have taken some shots with tube lighted in the opposite side / 80% dark room / 70% dark room / Half screen & half fixed wall screen / full wall against photos shot at screen ..

Guys you are good to comment on that with close watch, ... My views are neutral as of now with the screen, not much to tell about that.. Already I love my wall with matt white paint exclusively taken care by me which is performed very well....Will miss that soon once I buy the plasma.

Guys uploading the photos.. And also uploading in flickr / picassa and link is below..Picasa Web Albums - srinivasan - projector pho...

Regards

Srini

Note::: Still my cable management is going on/ doing false ceiling next week / Going for Vinyl flooring on completion of ceiling/ Lot of time is to go with this... Added with thi I had a nice chat with Mr.Ram ( Our new moderator:clapping:) and so nice of him to share lot information..View attachment 1252

View attachment 1253

View attachment 1254

View attachment 1255

View attachment 1256

I am reading all details in webs but not coming to an solution and conclusion,,, he could visualize..Will meet him on his free time this week.

Last edited:
what was the conclusion after side /side comparision of the 2 screens?
and how much did the motorized screen cost?

Screen is good and failthfully reproducing almost what it is intended for...But it is not impressing me or doing justice comparing to my fixed screen( painted wall of Matt white).. Hence replacing with Silver grey screen-1.5 gain to experiment with. Cost is 21,500( matt white ) / Silver grey- price will be more may be around 3 to 4K

Regards

Last edited:
I wonder why the screens are so costly. I am sure its not just a rip-off from screen manufacturers. But does a piece of cloth really costs so much to make? Why?

I wonder why the screens are so costly. I am sure its not just a rip-off from screen manufacturers. But does a piece of cloth really costs so much to make? Why?

My dear friend ! piece of cloth is not an correct word for an correct screen manufactured to reproduce an faithful picture projected by the projector.

Ripoff : This is suitable for the copycats...( secondary mfrs.)- But not researched in screen sector who is primary inventor as like in walkman/-sony

See the link to get yourself corrected.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=262466

You misread my 'rip-off' comment. I was not talking about any particular brand but all screen manufacturers in general.
You still haven't answered my question - What makes a screen so special so as to cost that much? How is it technically different from a tightly woven piece of cloth? Can someone please enlighten me?

You misread my 'rip-off' comment. I was not talking about any particular brand but all screen manufacturers in general.
You still haven't answered my question - What makes a screen so special so as to cost that much? How is it technically different from a tightly woven piece of cloth? Can someone please enlighten me?

:lol:u cant compare a screen to a piece of cloth , if so things cud be easier for all of us trying to get the best PQ from our PJs

a dedicated screen is totally different
gain
transperency
light reflection
and numerous other factors come into play here, and a lot of research goes into it, so u cant compare it to a tightly woven cloth

regarding the price it may be that the dealer cuts/duty involved wud substantially increase costs

Srin: Can u update me with your projector details and current lamp hours. I am curious if you actually require a 1.5 gain screen.
What is the viewing distance?

Cheers!!

Srin: Can u update me with your projector details and current lamp hours. I am curious if you actually require a 1.5 gain screen.
What is the viewing distance?

Cheers!!

Sumit,,, I have two projectors.

Benq5120 which is still working for 4+ years with 1600hrs, which i am using to view SD DVD films

Sumit,,, And my second projector is Mits4900-Full HD Projector and it is running into 1086hrs.

My viewing distance varies from 15 to 20 feet.

Regards

Srini

Hi,
Have u read the link which i sent,,,,, if u have not seriously read it,,, 90% of the technical terms which were explained were the answers for the queries u have raised...and pending lies with manfufacturer and theory.

Ripoff: Please note that ripoff is the correct word u have used... I dont have any contention on that... We were ripped off daily starting from our daily needs which were buying things from departmental stores to local petty shop....

I tried to correct the word implies to all secondary mfrs... Yes i know the price i paid is ripoff, ultimately if it fulfil my eyes with my expectation, we are ripped offed with its quality.:lol:

Guys, what you are describing are the "attributes" of a projection screen. What I wanted to know were the "cost factors" of the projection screen.
I am now sure that none of you have any idea why projection screen are expensive. I myself searched on the internet but could not come up with anything conclusive.
Screen fabric material is largely vinyl, cloth & paper which by itself is not really expensive. Mass manufacturing should balance out the cost of putting together the screen from its components. Then why is it expensive?
My guess is that its because of the research that goes into creating screen surfaces with right optics and physics. This research cost must be really high so the manufacturers compensate for it by offloading it to end-buyers. Historically, the projector screen buyers have been rich establishments, so screen manufacturers could get away with high prices. The same facade somehow continues even today.

Guys, what you are describing are the "attributes" of a projection screen. What I wanted to know were the "cost factors" of the projection screen.
I am now sure that none of you have any idea why projection screen are expensive. I myself searched on the internet but could not come up with anything conclusive.
Screen fabric material is largely vinyl, cloth & paper which by itself is not really expensive. Mass manufacturing should balance out the cost of putting together the screen from its components. Then why is it expensive?
My guess is that its because of the research that goes into creating screen surfaces with right optics and physics. This research cost must be really high so the manufacturers compensate for it by offloading it to end-buyers. Historically, the projector screen buyers have been rich establishments, so screen manufacturers could get away with high prices. The same facade somehow continues even today.

rshri! u r right on your view,,,,
As you mentioned Who can afford a projector can afford a screen... So the ripoff continues.

Please note when there is limited buyers for LCD/Plasma, the price were in the roof, when there is large volume of sales it has come down drasticaly still not to ground...

Typicaly when projector prices were down, towards increase in purchase by Hifi enthu/ screen prices also will also be parallely down.

srinisundar, I noticed that your ceiling fan is very near to your pulldown screen. Doesn't the airflow from the running fan makes the screen sway/flutter?

srinisundar, I noticed that your ceiling fan is very near to your pulldown screen. Doesn't the airflow from the running fan makes the screen sway/flutter?

I switch on AC when the screen is down while watching the projector and fan will be kept off. Since i am using the setup in living room, hence have to adjust with this..

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back