Limited space + Not so limited budget

crewcut

Hi,

Converting my small room (10' x 10') into a HT room. There's a TV console which is just 6' in width on one side and a sofa across from it. Already have a Denon 1611.

Want small speakers to maintain the asthetics but not too keen on getting satellites. Also looking at gettinig all 5 speakers from the same company/series.

Like to listen to music from all genres, we also watch lots of movies. Kids also use the place for gaming.

As I write this, I'm thinking that perhaps I should just go with satellites.

Any suggestions?

crewcut

Yep 3 choices for you ...

35-50k range
Klipsch HDT 500/300 - Paradigm Cinema CT 90/70 - Deftech Pro cinema 600

20 -30k range
Mission cinema package - Energy take classic - Wharfedale movie star

If the walls are thick you can look at in-wall speakers. Even in-wall sub are available.

Cheers

Hi,

Converting my small room (10' x 10') into a HT room. There's a TV console which is just 6' in width on one side and a sofa across from it. Already have a Denon 1611.

Want small speakers to maintain the asthetics but not too keen on getting satellites. Also looking at gettinig all 5 speakers from the same company/series.

Like to listen to music from all genres, we also watch lots of movies. Kids also use the place for gaming.

As I write this, I'm thinking that perhaps I should just go with satellites.

Any suggestions?

crewcut

hi

best match for your amplifier Moniter Audio Radius with 360 woofer

homiyar

crewcut,

You could try the QA 2000 package, compact and looks good in glossy black, more importantly they sound good too. Cost about 56,000 INR

If you have a much bigger budget, look at the KEF 3005 package, 'eggs' as they are otherwise referred to. I have heard them and they are very capable.

If the walls are thick you can look at in-wall speakers. Even in-wall sub are available.

Cheers

Inreresting that you say that Venkat. I've seen your reco on this in some other threads as well. Cutting through the hollow block walls just to do the concealed wiring was a nightmare and i have no more appetite to do any more digging.

Yep 3 choices for you ...

35-50k range
Klipsch HDT 500/300 - Paradigm Cinema CT 90/70 - Deftech Pro cinema 600

20 -30k range
Mission cinema package - Energy take classic - Wharfedale movie star

hi

best match for your amplifier Moniter Audio Radius with 360 woofer

homiyar

Thanks for the great suggestions. Can folks help out with who are the dealers for Monitor Audio in Bangalore. I know the others but the last time I spoke to the Paradigm dealer, he said they sold out everything much quicker than expected.

Deftech I think is in Jaynagar, need to Google the details.

i would advice the PSB Alpha seires package with the PSB sub
good stereo music and good for movies too
But banglore has less support for PSB i think

Buddy you can look in for :

Q Acoustics 2000 Cinema Package
includes :
2 x 2010 - Bookshelves
1 x 2000c - Center
1 x 2070s - Subwoofer

Rs.53,500 + VAT + Mounts...
Gloss Finish will be 5% extra...

If you are on a tight budget we can provide you with
Q Acoustics 1000i Package
includes :
2 x 1010i - Bookshelves
1 x 1000ci - Center
1 x 1000si - Subwoofer

Rs.58,000 inc VAT...10% Straight Discount...(Please check for availability) + Mounts

You can combine them with QED cables...or we can work out a package deal without amp for you...

Buddy you can look in for :

Q Acoustics 2000 Cinema Package
includes :
2 x 2010 - Bookshelves
1 x 2000c - Center
1 x 2070s - Subwoofer

Rs.53,500 + VAT + Mounts...
Gloss Finish will be 5% extra...

If you are on a tight budget we can provide you with
Q Acoustics 1000i Package
includes :
2 x 1010i - Bookshelves
1 x 1000ci - Center
1 x 1000si - Subwoofer

Rs.58,000 inc VAT...10% Straight Discount...(Please check for availability) + Mounts

You can combine them with QED cables...or we can work out a package deal without amp for you...

Is it a typo?. How come 20xx is less than 10xx?.

Hi, there was a Bangalore Paradigm dealer's mob number given on this thread but it looks like it got deleted. Can the person who gave it to me, please PM the name/number to me. Thanks.

The quest continues...

You can Also try SONODYNE Gennie-2 Series
Sonodyne Gennie2-with wall mounting-- 5 nos
Sonodyne Roarr210 Sub woofer--1 no

45,000/- inclusive taxes
It is a perfect match for Denon 1611 for a room size of 10'x10'

Lithos acoustics from Pune makes very musical and transparent speakers. The Noa-1 2.1 setup starts at 19k... Wall mounting satellites perfect for small rooms

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back