Listening impressions to bhagwan's set up - part II [July, 2014]

Thank you for the information about the platforms, Bhagwan, I will keep an eye out for your sale thread, when/if you them up for sale :) I do have a hazy idea about modifying an SF Theta Pedestal that I use with the TT, for use with the two bodies of the amp, but I'll need to talk to Ali about it.

120 Watts of SET Power - One of the Highest in the world ever possible.
I think - although I may be wrong.
...[/url]

The AudioPax Maggiore M100 is a 130w SET amp (used with KT120s). I've no idea how much it costs, though. Jacob George (of Rethm) had listened to this amp at the Munich Hi End 2014 Show and he said this amp sounded really good.

Last edited:
Yes Hydra - Audiopax too makes good amps.
It has 6 Tubes being used - KT 88 or KT 120.
It is 130 Watts.
In the case of the AM Hiend - there is only 1 Tube - 833.
All this is just technical.
Does not matter - not to me at least - it is the sound that is of primary importance.
If Jacob liked the Audiopax - I am sure it must be great. I have high respect & regard for him;
I have heard the Audiopax a few times & never liked it - not disliked it.
In fact I like the S Korean Amplifier - Emille' that Rethm used to enter the Show with in Germany. Nice - really good.

Final Installation Completed;
The Acrylic Covers went on - this afternoon;
A few pics...
2wp5uds.jpg

2yyvxh2.jpg

2wf39mt.jpg

34811qt.jpg

wlxaie.jpg

There were also steel mounts added between the aluminium housing & acrylic cover. clean installation.

The 'set-up' was 'tweaked' last evening.
Speakers were aligned & balanced.
The vector bearings were set as per spirit level etc.
Mr. Jilla was present & did offer a lot of help & inputs.
I am thankful to him for his advise & help.
Some pics - this is where the speakers will set - looks
like - since they sound good & I am 'satisfied' :D

axir6b.jpg

jsoni9.jpg

2mhwwso.jpg

1zc0r60.jpg

Amplifier installed - tube covers in place - speakers 're-positioned'
All set to go - the burn-in may happen - but off the block - I am satisfied;

The system is looking so gorgeous:licklips:, for unbiased opinion one should use blindfold before critical listening.

Bhagwan,

Congrats!

The 833 tubes have very mesmerizing glow, even the shape itself is very majestic. :)

Bhagwan,

Congrats!

The 833 tubes have very mesmerizing glow, even the shape itself is very majestic. :)

Sir,
Thank You.
I would like to invite you home;
If & when you do visit Mumbai - please do ping me & spend some time & visit.
I would like to know what you feel / think of the amps & the set up as a whole.

idt2zr.jpg

Sir,
Thank You.
I would like to invite you home;
If & when you do visit Mumbai - please do ping me & spend some time & visit.
I would like to know what you feel / think of the amps & the set up as a whole.

Thank you for the invitation Bhagwan, I feel honored :)

Will definitely visit your place during my next trip to Mumbai to see & hear the 'majestic' beings.

Last edited:
It looks like a mini fire place or a radiator. Guess must be also generating a lot of heat.

I am not so sure;
My earlier amplifier had 8 tubes & those were 845's
& here I have 2 X 833's & 2 X KT88's
Give or take a few small ones / here and there.
Besides my 'small room' has 3 tonnes of A/C's so heat is not much of an issue.
Yes, 1 thing is for sure - the listening distance being only 6 feet - the tubes do radiate a lot of heat; No 2 ways about that.
But, the music compensates for the heat etc. that may be present.
:rolleyes:

Thank you for the invitation Bhagwan, I feel honored :)
Will definitely visit your place during my next trip to Mumbai to see & hear the 'majestic' beings.

Pleasure will be mine;
I do hope that they perform [sonic-ally] up to expectations - only because you are an electronics man & an amplifier designer of sizable repute.
Most Welcome; Please do come home... :licklips:

I am not so sure;
My earlier amplifier had 8 tubes & those were 845's
& here I have 2 X 833's & 2 X KT88's
Give or take a few small ones / here and there.
Besides my 'small room' has 3 tonnes of A/C's so heat is not much of an issue.
Yes, 1 thing is for sure - the listening distance being only 6 feet - the tubes do radiate a lot of heat; No 2 ways about that.
But, the music compensates for the heat etc. that may be present.
:rolleyes:

That was just a silly joke & meant no sarcasm or malice. Hope it's taken in the right spirit.:)
Cheers

120 Watts of SET Power - One of the Highest in the world ever possible.
I think - although I may be wrong.
Then again it is Chinese - so quality is never known...

Congrats on the installation of your new audio system.

I do agree that 120 Watts of SET power is too high for your room as my current Dared 300B with 6 watts + 6 Watts power itself is too loud for my 180 sq.ft area. I am never able to go beyond 12 o'clock position with my 89dB SPL TL FS speakers.

Chinese quality - you can check out with my 300Bs as i have now completed over 200 hrs of listening with my tubes.

DARED :: VP-300B

Dared VP-300B - Quality http://www.sghifimall.com/details.php?id=821

http://www.highfidelity.pl/artykuly/0503/dared.html

Last edited:
Congrats on the installation of your new audio system.

I am never able to go beyond 12 o'clock position with my 89dB SPL TL FS speakers.

HIGH Fidelity

Thank You Hari !
Yes, I too have not managed beyond 12 o'clock position on the pre.
It can get really very loud.
P.R.C. can build some really nice audio gear - I am surprised - pleasantly if I may add.
I am sure your 300B Amplifier must be singing with your new speakers - do post a few pics

Would love to listen to it someday.
All the Best !
:clapping:

Some close-ups:
Out of the box listening impression: holographic and very wide and deep soundstage, subterranean bass which is bound to tighten further with burn in, beautiful tonality.

Listened to the setup again after 5 days worth of burn-in. One additional change was done in the interim - fine tuning of the placement of the speakers by Mr Khushrau Jilla (Nexus Audio). Also, one more change in the setup that is not yet mentioned (IIRC) is the introduction of a pair of brand new speaker stands Bhagwan had commissioned from Soundfoundation. It is a new design, with lots of inputs from Bhagwan, like four rectangular column supports of unequal dimensions to break up resonances, use of innovative fillers, and a true CLD top plate.

I had heard amazing sound staging right out of the box. This has improved further in width, depth, height and image specificity. His earlier setups always did "out-of-speaker" lateral imaging, but this one expands the lateral horizon even further (provided the program material has it). Depth equals the best I had heard in his setup. But image "pin prick" accuracy has been taken to a much higher level. As is the sense of image height. I guess this is what SET lovers rave about - three dimensionality.

Another standout aspect is the beguilingly beautiful tonality. I guess it is another SET feature.

And the bass has firmed up. No subwoofer required. It is solid foundation, weighty and well defined.

If audio memory serves, my impression is that this setup beats all previous iterations I have heard in Bhagwan's room. With some margin to spare. And that includes the 3-box Scarlattis. It is a real pleasure listening to it.

I didn't hear the new Meitner MA-1 DAC yet. All above impression were with the DAD studio DAC, using regular 16/44.1 source materials, played from a purist two-computer J-Play setup running Win8.

I was unsure what to expect of the transformer volume control in the AMR-T2 Silver preamplifier. As it turns out, it is nothing less than wonderful. It is a sublime marriage of passive and active stages.

Therefore, I turned to the next best option - PRC - this was a product that was made in China & hence was 'substantially' cheaper & some people I respect & regard on the international front said to me that it was a nice product.

I think the nagging suspicion about the less than (audio) aristocratic provenance of the devices can now be laid to rest. The sound says it all. There is nothing in the sound they make or the quality of their build to suggest that they are any less capable than the audio blue blood from Europe, America, Japan, Korea, or India. And the invasion from PRC into the very high end can only grow.

Listened to the setup again after 5 days worth of burn-in. One additional change was done in the interim - fine tuning of the placement of the speakers by Mr Khushrau Jilla (Nexus Audio). Also, one more change in the setup that is not yet mentioned (IIRC) is the introduction of a pair of brand new speaker stands Bhagwan had commissioned from Soundfoundation. It is a new design, with lots of inputs from Bhagwan, like four rectangular column supports of unequal dimensions to break up resonances, use of innovative fillers, and a true CLD top plate.

I had heard amazing sound staging right out of the box. This has improved further in width, depth, height and image specificity. His earlier setups always did "out-of-speaker" lateral imaging, but this one expands the lateral horizon even further (provided the program material has it). Depth equals the best I had heard in his setup. But image "pin prick" accuracy has been taken to a much higher level. As is the sense of image height. I guess this is what SET lovers rave about - three dimensionality.

Another standout aspect is the beguilingly beautiful tonality. I guess it is another SET feature.

And the bass has firmed up. No subwoofer required. It is solid foundation, weighty and well defined.

If audio memory serves, my impression is that this setup beats all previous iterations I have heard in Bhagwan's room. With some margin to spare. And that includes the 3-box Scarlattis. It is a real pleasure listening to it.

I didn't hear the new Meitner MA-1 DAC yet. All above impression were with the DAD studio DAC, using regular 16/44.1 source materials, played from a purist two-computer J-Play setup running Win8.

I was unsure what to expect of the transformer volume control in the AMR-T2 Silver preamplifier. As it turns out, it is nothing less than wonderful. It is a sublime marriage of passive and active stages.

I think the nagging suspicion about the less than (audio) aristocratic provenance of the devices can now be laid to rest. The sound says it all. There is nothing in the sound they make or the quality of their build to suggest that they are any less capable than the audio blue blood from Europe, America, Japan, Korea, or India. And the invasion from PRC into the very high end can only grow.

Thank You for your visit;
Your report is most kind;
I appreciate it.
I also agree with it - 100 % on all counts.
This Pre & Power has helped me to respect the DAD AX-24 to another level.
I knew it was an Euro Studio Standard - hence I had purchased it - but what I have been listening to over the past 10 days - boy, am I delighted & grateful to the almighty for his providence & direction.
You are most welcome home again - as and when you desire; Always a pleasure to host you...:licklips:

... and a true CLD top plate.

I didn't know what exactly CLD was. I googled it and this page explained it well.

It looks like a lot of thought has gone into the supporting (pun not intended, heh heh) equipment also!

Congrats, again, Bhagwan! :)

It looks like a lot of thought has gone into the supporting
Congrats, again, Bhagwan! :)

Sir,
Thanks;
I would like to elaborate a bit, however, I will let the main person that made the stand do the needful.
Sound Foundations should put pics & explain what all he has done for my stand.
It took long & there were a few re-works involved - but the end result is good - I am satisfied. Thanks 'Ali' !

Out of the World setup...... This is a crazy crazy world and I am discussing YHTs, Onkies and Pannys.......[emoji5][emoji5][emoji5]

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back