Magic of OLEDs

Indeed! Infinite contrast isn't just for blacks in night scenes. Even well lit scenes have deep blacks here and there, and OLEDs present them as we see in real life...pure black. It adds an almost 3D-life depth for me in movies.
Damn I will just pull the trigger on 65" C9. After waiting for a year for LED-LCD market to advance and mature in India(in USA you still have great FALD LCD to chose from), I am disappointed by the lack of choices. Now the only way forward is to have two sets one for DTH viewing and other for 4k HDR movies. What has been the best price for 65" C9 till now, so that I know where to stop price hunting at.

Damn I will just pull the trigger on 65" C9. After waiting for a year for LED-LCD market to advance and mature in India(in USA you still have great FALD LCD to chose from), I am disappointed by the lack of choices. Now the only way forward is to have two sets one for DTH viewing and other for 4k HDR movies. What has been the best price for 65" C9 till now, so that I know where to stop price hunting at.
I am in the same boat buddy. From what I have read here, Diwali is the best time to get one for less than 1.75l I hope.

I am in the same boat buddy. From what I have read here, Diwali is the best time to get one for less than 1.75l I hope.
Then Diwali it should be. 1.75 will be pretty good price. Just hope C9 remains in stock by that time and launch of CX leads to further drop in price for C9. C9 is superior to CX in every way other than BFI. The said upscaling improvement if one wants can be better achieved by nvidia Shield TV. Any one in Vadodara, Gujarat wanna bulk buy it Diwali can connect here

Then Diwali it should be. 1.75 will be pretty good price. Just hope C9 remains in stock by that time and launch of CX leads to further drop in price for C9. C9 is superior to CX in every way other than BFI. The said upscaling improvement if one wants can be better achieved by nvidia Shield TV. Any one in Vadodara, Gujarat wanna bulk buy it Diwali can connect here

You can try your luck with C9 in August sales. Last year's trend was that by Diwali, mostly display pieces were left.

Definitely go for 65-inch if you can afford it, and you're sitting more than 6 feet away. It'll feel more cinematic.
I will be sitting around 10-11 feet away. I have gotten used to 55 inch so 65 would feel more like an upgrade.

Affordability will depend on the final price I think. Anything below 1.6l and I will take the plunge.

I will be sitting around 10-11 feet away. I have gotten used to 55 inch so 65 would feel more like an upgrade.

Affordability will depend on the final price I think. Anything below 1.6l and I will take the plunge.

Ah! Well, I wish you good luck! Do hunt for C9 last stocks then from August onwards.

Predator in front of horror!

Attachments

• IMG_20200422_005151.jpg
    IMG_20200422_005151.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 39
Do you play games? I played Starwars battlewars 2 on my OLED and it is spectacular! I had played the same game on my old iffalcon and it was all cloudy !!

Oh yeah! I do game, but I'm more of a casual player, so I go through games real slow. There are family board games mixed in too, so nowadays I game only for 4-5 hours each week. lol

I did finish Portal 2 and GTA 5 on the OLED and then halfway through Assassin's Creed: Origins before dropping it and now almost at the end of Dying Light. It's a joy indeed to play games with VRR on the OLED. So much more immersive.

Parent's Iffalcon, or even my Dell monitor, look like cheap trash now. lmao

Oh yeah! I do game, but I'm more of a casual player, so I go through games real slow. There are family board games mixed in too, so nowadays I game only for 4-5 hours each week. lol

I did finish Portal 2 and GTA 5 on the OLED and then halfway through Assassin's Creed: Origins before dropping it and now almost at the end of Dying Light. It's a joy indeed to play games with VRR on the OLED. So much more immersive.

Parent's Iffalcon, or even my Dell monitor, look like cheap trash now. lmao
For fun, I compared my Dell Ultrasharp and S10+ (SAMOLED) screens by playing the LG OLED demo. Now I dont want to go for IPS/VA if budget permits.

My parents has an old LG 42" 3D TV (2013 model). I am thinking of gifting a new mid tier 55" TV to them and get that 3D TV to my bedroom. I used to enjoy 3D movies on that TV and have a fair bit of 3D movie collections. I just imagine how incredible an OLED 3D TV would considering I liked 3D on an IPS panel.

My parents has an old LG 42" 3D TV (2013 model). I am thinking of gifting a new mid tier 55" TV to them and get that 3D TV to my bedroom. I used to enjoy 3D movies on that TV and have a fair bit of 3D movie collections. I just imagine how incredible an OLED 3D TV would considering I liked 3D on an IPS panel.

Some 2016 owners are miffed that they can't get 3D panels anymore.

I guess 3D will come back in a different style. Research is being done in glass-less 3D. If it bears fruit that can be mass produced, yay for us!

You can try your luck with C9 in August sales. Last year's trend was that by Diwali, mostly display pieces were left.
I will start inquiring the local dealers once this COVID situation eases. Have been lately seeing Sony 900H reviews, and it's building up to a great set in LCDs with great deep inky blacks(supposedly even with only 16 zones in 65"), deep colors but baring brightness. It could be a great carefree gaming TV, if priced competitively in India I could finally replace my ageing 2014 Samsung HU8500 from living room to other bedroom. I still immensely enjoy 3D on it. Was simply blown away by OLED 3D but it was way over budget at time. Was so disappointed when they LG dropped 3D because with OLED 3D was for once extremely satisfying. But this brightness race because of HDR just killed 3D. Coming to Sony 900H what your views members

Coming to Sony 900H what your views members
If Sony priced this variant wisely. It'll attract lot of budget customers who drawn to Hisense, TCL/VU and other Chinese TV brands. It looks like this might be the reason for this variant to exist. A FALD tv with good picture processor and Triluminos(aka QLED) display that cost less than a lakh(diwali offer price). cheers :)

If Sony priced this variant wisely. It'll attract lot of budget customers who drawn to Hisense, TCL/VU and other Chinese TV brands. It looks like this might be the reason for this variant to exist. A FALD tv with good picture processor and Triluminos(aka QLED) display that cost less than a lakh(diwali offer price). cheers :)
Wishful thinking.... But still.. Amen!

Yesterday i watched geminiman, where will smith and his clone is fighting in dark scene is there , wow it was eye pleasing experience .

Back