Making of 'Grand Crecendo' cabinets for EMS fieldcoils.

Nice build Shafic. If I may ask, whats the ply used and tkness of the outer curved panel?

Which TS spec is the cabinet designed for?
Thanks Sunil.
Baltic birch plywood 4mm sheets are used for outer curved panel. And spruce, pine and teak woods are used for internal structure.

This is the clone of musical affairs Grand 'Crecendo' design. You can see them on YouTube.

These drivers are suitable for OB or semi open baffle structures. Hope they will perform well in these cabs. Will measure and post the details later.

Regards

It will be an interesting experience (and expensive @1100+ € each, if i get it right... only the drivers)

Yes. Euro 1100 each plus shipping and 75% customs duty.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
As usual, a wonderful job done. Its heartening to see the work that has gone into it. I hope I can find a good carpenter someday who can do such stuff. Out here, carpenters are only good at making doors and windows and the ones who are good, are too expensive.

As usual, a wonderful job done. Its heartening to see the work that has gone into it. I hope I can find a good carpenter someday who can do such stuff. Out here, carpenters are only good at making doors and windows and the ones who are good, are too expensive.
Invite them to God's own country with accommodation and F&B :)
Cheers,
Raghu

Thank you sir.
I agree. My carpenter has some great skills.

Carpenters are a unique breed, to be handled very carefully. They are very much in demand and they have lot of 'Nakraas'. You can't refuse whenever they demand advance and you have to adjust to their time schedule and absences.
I have a long time experience with many carpenters. I designed the interiors for my business establishments and my flats and then have got the carpentry work done. I never gave contract with meterial because there might be comprise in the material quality. So I am very much familiar with their mindset.
The phrase 'Aadha Dhaadi Barber' is perfectly suitable for them. They will extract 75% payment by the time they finish 50% of work and then they will take up parallel work somewhere else. Then their 'Natak' will start. You can neither leave them nor get angry with them.
You have to dance to all their tunes to get the work done. You can't just place an order and leave them alone. You have to sit with them full day and provide chai pani biskoth time to time to get work done as you want asper your design.

The finished product has long hours of toil behind it, not only the carpenters but mine also. It is a very big task. Not easy at all.

This project took one month. Still some finishing is pending.

Your love for Vintage stuffs is just amazing Shafic. Nice work by the Carpenter. Kudos to him.
Thank you bro.

Last edited:
Thank you sir.
I agree. My carpenter has some great skills.

Carpenters are a unique breed, to be handled very carefully. They are very much in demand and they have lot of 'Nakraas'. You can't refuse whenever they demand advance and you have to adjust to their time schedule and absences.
I have a long time experience with many carpenters. I designed the interiors for my business establishments and my flats and then have got the carpentry work done. I never gave contract with meterial because there might be comprise in the material quality. So I am very much familiar with their mindset.
The phrase 'Aadha Dhaadi Barber' is perfectly suitable for them. They will extract 75% payment by the time they finish 50% of work and then they will take up parallel work somewhere else. Then their 'Natak' will start. You can neither leave them nor get angry with them.
You have to dance to all their tunes to get the work done. You can't just place an order and leave them alone. You have to sit with them full day and provide chai pani biskoth time to time to get work done as you want asper your design.

The finished product has long hours of toil behind it, not only the carpenters but mine also. It is a very big task. Not easy at all.

This project took one month. Still some finishing is pending.

very true - this ..

sir - if i get a chance ....post the terrible scenario that we are all into due to the C virus - i might contact you to listen to these speakers..

do take care..

Wow shafic...what a lovely build...lovely wood work. Bet they will sound as gorgeous as they look. Wishing you blissful music ahead :)

Evidently, you haven't read my GR Research speaker build thread which I got done while I was at Trivandrum. I've not seen a carpenter who could better them. :)

Back