marantz cd 5001 or marantz cd 5003?

moktan

i am planning to buy a dedicated cd player for the first time and have narrowed down my choices to marantz 5001 and marantz 5003.
i understand that 5001 has been discontinued but have managed to get a quote of RS8000/- for the same. the 5003 seems to be coming for about Rs10,000/-. (these are tentative Dubai prices converted into rupees).
as all novices in the matter, i read the reviews on what hi fi and found it (at least in my humble opinion) favoring the 5001. but adding to the confusion is the general opinion that 5003 is marvelously built while on the other hand the 5001 is relatively tacky(???) . the 5001 seems to weigh a little over 3kg while 5003 is at least 50% heavier.
anyway would be highly obliged if-everything remaining equal- forum member who have heard both would kindly advise me on which one i should buy.
thanks in advance.

thank you very much for your suggestions...i however changed my plans and bought a Marantz cd 6002 instead....i paid Rs13750/- ....hope that is a good deal..
thanks once again....

thank you very much for your suggestions...i however changed my plans and bought a Marantz cd 6002 instead....i paid Rs13750/- ....hope that is a good deal..
thanks once again....

where did you get that low price?Its 16k

now that i have got the cd (marantz 6002) i want to upgrade from my ms 902i speakers to something that has better bass...my amp is nad 325c bee and the budget around 30K...can forum members kindly advise on the book shelves that i should shortlist to audition?...i listen mostly to jazz, some rock and a little rd burman and would expect that the new speakers present a significant improvement over the ones that i possess now ...thanks in advance...

now that i have got the cd (marantz 6002) i want to upgrade from my ms 902i speakers to something that has better bass...my amp is nad 325c bee and the budget around 30K...can forum members kindly advise on the book shelves that i should shortlist to audition?...i listen mostly to jazz, some rock and a little rd burman and would expect that the new speakers present a significant improvement over the ones that i possess now ...thanks in advance...

bhai nad 325 + psb image are god send combinations for budget systems. You cannot go wrong - BTW why did you go for the marantz CDP - the NAD IMHO performs better

Congrats on your purchase.

Marantz 6002 and Nad 325 are very good components.

Based on your music taste here are the speakers that you can audition.

1. Polk Audio RTi A3
2. Monitor Audio Bronze Br2[recommended]
3. Dali lektor 1

If you can increase the budget then B&W 685 is a good choice.

Happy hunting.

Would recommend you take your sources[cd,amp + discs] to the audition wherever possible.

Thanks,
Prakash.

thanks once again....

Dude

Please inform us all in return as well while you seek answers to your questions.

Where did you get the cd6002 for this price?

We are a curious lot ... :)

Regards

the reason why i didn't reply regarding the query on price was because i had mentioned in the initial post that these were Dubai prices..anyway
the store was:
VV & Sons International
PO Box 40: 105, Dubai, UAE
phones: 04-2662435

since the person who bought the player for me was corporate clients of the said firm, i was asked to pay AED 1050/- which roughly converts to the price that i had mentioned earlier..
anyway sorry i did not respond earlier ...

other than the speakers that have been suggested can i also consider the quad 11 ?..one of the main things that i am looking for in a speaker is that the listening should be non fatiguing...this is very important for me because i like to listen to my music for long stretches of time...some of the reviews that i read about the quads say that they are very 'clean' sounding..someone also wrote that they are quite 'invisible'....the other unanimous opinion is that they are uncompromising...do all these 'characteristics' of the speaker allow them to pair well with the components (nad c 325 bee and marantz cd 6002) that i possess, so that i can look forward to enjoying long sessions of jazz ???
thank you very much...

If you listen at low to moderate volumes, try the Audire Callisto BS.

It is a fullrange single driver speaker. You might end up liking it.

Regards

like gobble did :lol: any photos etc to be shared?

Photos will not reflect SQ ... :)
The demo piece isn't pretty - its battered. I dont want anyone to judge it by its looks. Will be unfair... :)

Regards

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back