Marantz Owner Thread...

Respected sir
Greetings from Shimoga
Recently I purchased Marantz AV receiver- 6013 .
I have done Audyssey Multi eq x-32
I have emotive t1 towers and centre 4 warfadaele surround speakers- DFS D 10
And 2 height speakers- DFS D 10
After doing The Audyssey how to do fine adjustments. What to do with - lfe, lfe+main
Dynamic volume and test of settings. My emotive speakers are -4 ohm so how to change impedance in the receiver.
Please help me. With regards
Vinayaka

Try the settings i already advised you and get back on this thread with the results....it will help other marantz users know your experience and possible share further suggestions as required....or learn from it....

Good morning
My question is
1) Does Audyssey checks impedance of speakers while doing room correction
2) Do I need to change impedance before doing Audyssey
3) since I have done already setup do indeed to change impedance to 4 ohm or I need to change impedance and re run Audyssey
4) bass management- lfe alone or lfe plus main
5) cross over frequency how much to keep
Audyssey got 120 can I keep same or change it to 80

Please help me. Waiting for reply
With regards
Vinayaka

If you ask me I would say as follows:

The receiver would have set the fronts to large. Change that to small. The receiver would have set the crossover of the fronts to some value lower than 80 hz, set it to 80 hz. Leave the subwoofer at LFE and don't touch the impedance setting.Dynamic volume off.

Audyssey is not setting these, your receiver is. After you do this, listen to the sound for a few days. Then come back to us and let us know how you would want the sound to be changed. Someone in the forum will chip in, am sure.
Now - Dialogues are weak but surround sounds good

I have only one HDMI output in tv and there are concerns regarding reverse current from DTH receivers so how to connect cable sat to receiver as I have only one HDMI and one optical which I have connected to Av receiver and I don’t have E-arc.

What about updating software in my receiver- it shows e- Arc update available and I have wireless connection un interrupted. My concern is should I update or not because when I was seeing the previous threads you should never update software?. What should I do, please advice

What about updating software in my receiver- it shows e- Arc update available and I have wireless connection un interrupted. My concern is should I update or not because when I was seeing the previous threads you should never update software?. What should I do, please advice

If everything is working fine then dont update....read what the update is about and then see the best way to do it.

I have only one HDMI output in tv and there are concerns regarding reverse current from DTH receivers so how to connect cable sat to receiver as I have only one HDMI and one optical which I have connected to Av receiver and I don’t have E-arc.

Most TVs come with minimum 2 HDMI inputs and Optical and Analog output.......feed the Optical Out from TV to AVR........Connect Set top box / DTH to the TV HDMI input..... the Second HDMI input of the TV needs to be connected to the AVR HDMI out.....please refer to the Owners manual which has all details on what best connections should be done.

If your TV has only one HDMI then it is very tricky.,.....you have no option but to connect the DTH/Set top box to the AVR which can be risky.....which TV model and brand are you using?

Good morning
My question is
3) since I have done already setup do indeed to change impedance to 4 ohm or I need to change impedance and re run Audyssey
5) cross over frequency how much to keep
Audyssey got 120 can I keep same or change it to 80

Please help me. Waiting for reply
With regards
Vinayaka

Hi
  1. It is supposed to...please refer to this page and check again if set properly... http://manuals.marantz.com/SR6013/NA/EN/DRDZSYrhoargxb.php
  2. I guess so,,,,i use the SR6009 and not faced this issue as all my speakers are 6-8 ohms....as per link above it seems impedance setting needs to be done first then proceed with setup.
  3. Yes.....check and do impedance setting and then run Audyssey
  4. As already advised.....since you use Floor Standers....keep it on LFE+MAIN and use for a week....if you dont like it...change it to LFE only
  5. Crossover ideally is set by Audyssey...it determines at what cut off do the lower frequencies go to the sub.....120 came due to the speakers connected....first set the impedance, re run audyssey and then check again whats the cutoff....80hz is good, you can even keep it at 90 or 100.
This is a flagship latest model from Marantz and you need to understand the same better, It is highly advisable to read the Owners manual and play with settings accordingly...you need to make time and do the same....i understand that most of us are excited to get things working from day 1 itself......these are complex products which you need to understand....give it proper time to settle in and playback, you are sorted!

Could be.....depends on who is selling it and how reliable.......you can check with other dealers on actual price and take a call accordingly

Alright, will do that.

Other question, are repairs doable for grey market products or would the service centers deny them because of the lack of bill?

Hi
  1. It is supposed to...please refer to this page and check again if set properly... http://manuals.marantz.com/SR6013/NA/EN/DRDZSYrhoargxb.php
  2. I guess so,,,,i use the SR6009 and not faced this issue as all my speakers are 6-8 ohms....as per link above it seems impedance setting needs to be done first then proceed with setup.
  3. Yes.....check and do impedance setting and then run Audyssey
  4. As already advised.....since you use Floor Standers....keep it on LFE+MAIN and use for a week....if you dont like it...change it to LFE only
  5. Crossover ideally is set by Audyssey...it determines at what cut off do the lower frequencies go to the sub.....120 came due to the speakers connected....first set the impedance, re run audyssey and then check again whats the cutoff....80hz is good, you can even keep it at 90 or 100.
This is a flagship latest model from Marantz and you need to understand the same better, It is highly advisable to read the Owners manual and play with settings accordingly...you need to make time and do the same....i understand that most of us are excited to get things working from day 1 itself......these are complex products which you need to understand....give it proper time to settle in and playback, you are sorted!
Sir good afternoon
I will share The Audyssey setup values
Please advise

Ok...

• Change LFE to LFE+ Main since Fronts are already considered as Large..
  • Change the cutoff Freq from 120hz to 100hz.....hear it for a couple of days and see if it suits your liking...else increase to 110hz or reduce to 90hz and check......play with the settings.
  • Have you checked based on shared link if the impedance setting is correct? If not please do it....very important...else you will end damaging the AVR or blowing the speakers......
  • You may after impedance check need to re run Audyssey again.......since you already have these snaps and parameters....keep it as reference...you can then compare if any change in values after impedance setting.
  • If after doing all settings, despite increasing the volume, you find its still sounding low etc, increase all channels 1db more.....manually this will boost some gain in output......do this only if you feel despite climbing the volume to 70-80 (volume is 0 to 99) it is not as loud as it should be.....
Please exert caution when doing all this settings....subwoofer volume by default will be 45 to 50% or knob in the center.

Ok...

• Change LFE to LFE+ Main since Fronts are already considered as Large..
  • Change the cutoff Freq from 120hz to 100hz.....hear it for a couple of days and see if it suits your liking...else increase to 110hz or reduce to 90hz and check......play with the settings.
  • Have you checked based on shared link if the impedance setting is correct? If not please do it....very important...else you will end damaging the AVR or blowing the speakers......
  • You may after impedance check need to re run Audyssey again.......since you already have these snaps and parameters....keep it as reference...you can then compare if any change in values after impedance setting.
  • If after doing all settings, despite increasing the volume, you find its still sounding low etc, increase all channels 1db more.....manually this will boost some gain in output......do this only if you feel despite climbing the volume to 70-80 (volume is 0 to 99) it is not as loud as it should be.....
Please exert caution when doing all this settings....subwoofer volume by default will be 45 to 50% or knob in the center.
Change cut off frequency means lpf for lfe from 120 but this is not cross over no sir

I read in Audioholics forum- they recommend not to change impedance unless the receiver is getting heated or need to max volume.
I have put question in Audioholics they have replied like this

My question is
No
No, you can change it any time before or after. Please note that if you change it to 4 ohm, the SR6013 will limit the output. If you don't listen very loud and sit not too far away from the speakers, you don't have to set it to 4 ohms. We can say this in a more definitive way if you provide your room dimensions and seating distance from the speakers.
No need to re run Audyssey.
It is up to you, if you set the main speakers to large, lfe+main will allow the subwoofer to play the lfe channel contents and will also play/duplicate the low frequency signal send to the main speakers. If you set it to lfe, the subwoofer will only play the lfe contents and the low frequency signal in the main speaker channels below the crossover point. So if the main speakers are set to "small", lfe or lfe+main really makes no difference.

I have put question in Audioholics they have replied like this

My question is
No
No, you can change it any time before or after. Please note that if you change it to 4 ohm, the SR6013 will limit the output. If you don't listen very loud and sit not too far away from the speakers, you don't have to set it to 4 ohms. We can say this in a more definitive way if you provide your room dimensions and seating distance from the speakers.
No need to re run Audyssey.
It is up to you, if you set the main speakers to large, lfe+main will allow the subwoofer to play the lfe channel contents and will also play/duplicate the low frequency signal send to the main speakers. If you set it to lfe, the subwoofer will only play the lfe contents and the low frequency signal in the main speaker channels below the crossover point. So if the main speakers are set to "small", lfe or lfe+main really makes no difference.
Now I am confused should I change impedance or leave it like that

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back