Marantz Owner Thread...

I read in Audioholics forum- they recommend not to change impedance unless the receiver is getting heated or need to max volume.

Audioholics is a good site and please check the date of published article of what you read........the link i shared with you is from the Manufacturer for the specific model you are using (Marantz)......You should follow what Marantz tells you to do.....else warranty will be void should something go amiss.,

All electronics will get heated....at loud volumes it heats faster.....

Now I am confused should I change impedance or leave it like that

I suggest you check the impedance setting....if all in order then dont bother to change.....else as per Marantz link in order to optimally use their products, you may need to do it.

Audioholics is a good site and please check the date of published article of what you read........the link i shared with you is from the Manufacturer for the specific model you are using (Marantz)......You should follow what Marantz tells you to do.....else warranty will be void should something go amiss.,

All electronics will get heated....at loud volumes it heats faster.....
Ok sir I will change it to 4. What about running Audyssey

I have put question in Audioholics they have replied like this

My question is
1) Does Audyssey checks impedance of speakers while doing room correction
No
2) Do I need to change impedance before doing Audyssey
No, you can change it any time before or after. Please note that if you change it to 4 ohm, the SR6013 will limit the output. If you don't listen very loud and sit not too far away from the speakers, you don't have to set it to 4 ohms. We can say this in a more definitive way if you provide your room dimensions and seating distance from the speakers.
3) since I have done already setup do indeed to change impedance to 4 ohm or I need to change impedance and re run Audyssey
No need to re run Audyssey.
4) bass management- lfe alone or lfe plus main
It is up to you, if you set the main speakers to large, lfe+main will allow the subwoofer to play the lfe channel contents and will also play/duplicate the low frequency signal send to the main speakers. If you set it to lfe, the subwoofer will only play the lfe contents and the low frequency signal in the main speaker channels below the crossover point. So if the main speakers are set to "small", lfe or lfe+main really makes no difference.

If you want, you are welcome to follow what audioholics say......their advise is known and respected globally....it is your call......

Change cut off frequency means lpf for lfe from 120 but this is not cross over no sir

Change LPF for LFE from 120hz to 100hz.......listen to the sound and if too boomy then get it to 90hz.....if tolerable then see if 110hz works....

The idea is to ensure some overlap of frequencies between the sub and other speakers so that no frequency is lost (due to gap....we see this in Bose HT systems...their subs work from 32hz till 200hz...their cubes start working from 270hz till 16khz...net net somewhere there is a loss of 70hz....gap).

Change LPF for LFE from 120hz to 100hz.......listen to the sound and if too boomy then get it to 90hz.....if tolerable then see if 110hz works....

The idea is to ensure some overlap of frequencies between the sub and other speakers so that no frequency is lost (due to gap....we see this in Bose HT systems...their subs work from 32hz till 200hz...their cubes start working from 270hz till 16khz...net net somewhere there is a loss of 70hz....gap).
Thank you sir

Please read what Audyssey has to say on LPF on LFE below:

https://audyssey.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/212345363-LPF-on-LFE

It is also recommended to go through the entire Audyssey site to understand how all the settings work.

https://audyssey.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

A few more things to add and these are my personal views with no disrespect to Mr. efernand1:

1. Do not touch the impedance settings. Let it be at the default 8 Ohms.
2. Do not set your mains to large as it is a 4 ohm speaker and it will increase the load on the amp.
3. Do not set your bass management to LFE+Main as it will also increase the load on the amp.
4. Do not play the receiver too loud a sit might over heat the amp as it is connected to 4 ohm speakers.
5. See that the amp has proper ventilation and if necessary, place a laptop fan on it as suggested by an FM.

If you want loud, change speakers or install a power amp like the ones Emotiva has.

https://emotiva.com/collections/amps/products/xpa-5-gen3

It is also recommended to go through the entire Audyssey site to understand how all the settings work.

A few more things to add and these are my personal views with no disrespect to Mr. efernand1:

2. Do not set your mains to large as it is a 4 ohm speaker and it will increase the load on the amp.
3. Do not set your bass management to LFE+Main as it will also increase the load on the amp.
4. Do not play the receiver too loud a sit might over heat the amp as it is connected to 4 ohm speakers.
5. See that the amp has proper ventilation and if necessary, place a laptop fan on it as suggested by an FM.

If you want loud, change speakers or install a power amp like the ones Emotiva has.

Thank you

Indeed no disrespect taken!

everyone has their views and can express them freely.

My speakers are Bose 301s III which are 18+ years and are 75 watts RMS , 4-8 ohms.......& Bose 201s V which are 60 watts 4 - 8 ohms... Sub BIC America PL 200 and Center is Dali Vokal Pico.

I dont have impedance settings on my SR6009 and yet it works like a charm after audyssey...i do really hear loud volumes which is 50 to 55 (volume 0- 99). Anything above 55 is too loud and will kill my speakers....as the AVR is capable of throwing 110 watts power per channel. Recently i added my Cambridge Audio S30 bookshelf speakers as Front B....when I play in Stereo only with or without sub....the clarity, imaging, crispness etc is too good....all speakers are wall mounted due to space constraints......

The only thing i tweaked after audyssey was Changed Audyssey settings from Reference to FLAT, manually increased the levels of each speaker by 2db. Put some bass n Treble (+2 each). Source level is at 10 since most content streamed from Laptop via HDMI....

The end result is awesome sound for a 400 square feet area at low or high volumes....yes i have put two 5 inch cooling fans which work directly on AC. All electronics heat up and one must be cautious to check for overheating or quick heating,

The good result may differ from room to room depending on what is present or if acoustically treated etc.

1544012410206.png1544012410206.png

Now I am confused should I change impedance or leave it like that

No confusion. Leave it as is. Keep the receiver well ventilated and check for excessive heat.

Change Front speakers to Small and set crossover for ALL speakers to 80hz. Increase the level of center speaker by 1db or 2db for it to sound slightly louder than other speakers. Leave rest of the settings as is. They are looking good.

Further fine tuning can be done in due course once you get better familiarised with the setup.

Most importantly play good quality content and enjoy your investment.

MaSh

Hi,
I have a marantz sr5300(bit old enogh) . It has no problem in its working, but when i plug in current and leave it in stand by it ll retain its memory, for example treble +8, bass+6, surround speaker volume +5etc.
But once i turn off the power and next day when i switch it on, it ll have its default settings and i automatically turn on without going to standby mode.
Can any one help me regarding this?
Does it have a small battery like the computer cpu has for clock ?
If so how to change the battery or esle what will be the issue?
Suggestions plz..

Good morning
Yesterday while watching movies I felt dialogues were weak but surround sounds were good. I increased centre channel= 1db more not much improvement changed to 2 dB more did not appreciate much change. Speaker is working not damaged.
My question
1) Audyssey has set centre channel to = —6.5 dB it has trimmed the values
2) should increase the source volume in avr presently it is at zero
3) avr volume I am currently listening at 30-50 can I increase more if I ncrease any problems to speakers / hearing/ speakers
Please guide me.
With regards
Vinayaka

What I’ve learnt about audyssey is that they set very conservative values. U can adjust it plus minus to your liking.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back