Marantz Owner Thread...

Good morning
Yesterday while watching movies I felt dialogues were weak but surround sounds were good. I increased centre channel= 1db more not much improvement changed to 2 dB more did not appreciate much change. Speaker is working not damaged.
My question
1) Audyssey has set centre channel to = —6.5 dB it has trimmed the values
2) should increase the source volume in avr presently it is at zero
3) avr volume I am currently listening at 30-50 can I increase more if I ncrease any problems to speakers / hearing/ speakers
Please guide me.
With regards
Vinayaka
Auddysey had set mine to - 8.5 dB. I pushed the centre channel to 0db..just perfect for concert videos and movies. For multichannel music, I take it down to - 8.5 or -7.5 to my liking.

Dear FMs,

I am facing some trouble with my Marantz SR6012 and was wondering if anyone else has the same issue:

1. Static Noise coming out of all speakers. Goes away only when muted. Otherwise if I go really close to the speaker drivers, I can hear noise.
2. Bluetooth range is really poor (less than 10 ft of there is a wall in between)... maybe that has to do with my phone

Please let me know if there are workarounds for this

Dear FMs,

I am facing some trouble with my Marantz SR6012 and was wondering if anyone else has the same issue:

1. Static Noise coming out of all speakers. Goes away only when muted. Otherwise if I go really close to the speaker drivers, I can hear noise.
2. Bluetooth range is really poor (less than 10 ft of there is a wall in between)... maybe that has to do with my phone

Hey hi,

1. What's the gain set on your speakers? Is the hiss present at all volumes?

2. Did you try other mobiles? Not sure of ideal range, 10ft seems like a good range. Maybe others can confirm on this.

MaSh

Dear FMs,

How does noise sound?
Is that him or other?It may be ground issue or some frequency noise say 60hz .

Last edited:
Hello guys
Does marantz have chromecast built in?
So i connected my amazon echo with the avr and whenever i asked it to play a song it played songs thru amazon music now when i play songs independently on amazon music app i am able to cast songs directly to my avr. But if i open google play music app and try casting it never connects to my avr. My avr never shows up. In the gaana app i cannot see the casting icon whereas i remeber i used to play music thru wifi on gaana app on my pioneer avr.

Hello guys
Does marantz have chromecast built in?
So i connected my amazon echo with the avr and whenever i asked it to play a song it played songs thru amazon music now when i play songs independently on amazon music app i am able to cast songs directly to my avr. But if i open google play music app and try casting it never connects to my avr. My avr never shows up. In the gaana app i cannot see the casting icon whereas i remeber i used to play music thru wifi on gaana app on my pioneer avr.

No it does not have chromecast, it uses HEOS app to stream music, it also support Alexa so may be that is how you may be able to stream directly from amazon music app.

Finally got my Marantz SR6013 to do a proper passthrough to my TV. It was switching on even when I had set HDMI control to "not Power on" devices.
I needed to change the default speaker setting to TV Speakers instead of "AVR First" - this was exactly opposite of how I had been using it with my earlier Yamaha.

Have to say that I am missing the nice full sound of my HT setup vs the TV's sound.

Oh well, you win some , you lose some.

My current setup
HT Setup 5.1 - Living Room
AVR :
Denon avr-x1400h
Speaker: Wharfedale dx-1

Stereo Setup - Bed Room
Integrated Amp:
NAD D3020
Speaker: Wharfedale Diamond 225

Planned Integration of Stereo and HT Setup both in living room
HT AVR:
Marantz nr1508 or Marantz nr1608 ( Please suggest, I only need 5.1 ).
Stereo Integrated Amp: Marantz PM8005
Speaker(Front Left and Right): Wharfedale Diamond 225 -> ( Connected to PM8005 )
Speaker(Center, back Left and Right): Wharfedale dx-1 -> ( Connected to NR1508 )

Integration connection: NR1508 front pre out to PM8005 power amp direct in.

For movies use NR1508 and PM8005 in HT by pass mode. ( My usage is 30 % )
For music use PM8005. ( My usage is 70 % )

Will this be correct setup or any suggestion ?

Can some on confirm NR1508 as front pre out, for the model sold in India ?

Reason for above query is Denon x1400h - US model has zone 2 pre out, UK model does not have zone 2 pre out. because of it I need to sale it.
How much I can expect for x1400h that is one year old ?

Information only.
Stereo Setup - Bed Room
Integrated Amp:
NAD D3020
Speaker: Wharfedale dx-1 - left and right speaker.

@jigarpatel

I believe DTSx is there in the NR1608 model......I assume you may be purchasing from HifiMart unless someone else is still able to source it more cheaper....

There are pre outs on the NR1508 and NR1608 too

If DTSx is imp then go for the NR1608.....download the owners manual to understand how DTSx works...(if works in a 5.1 setup or compulsory 7.1 setup). Do this before making any purchases.....

You can visit the many online platforms like ebay olx quikr to determine the selling average rate of the denon x1400.....it also depends on the condition, box and accessories availability etc.

You can configure the NR1608 to be used as a 5.1 and the remaining 2 channels can be used as BI AMP to power the front speakers.....I believe the Wharfedale 225s have Bi Amp capability.,the only thing will be an extra set of wires running to the speakers.......

Marantz is more oriented towards music and you can enjoy decent playback using the AVR itself.......there is no need to hook the PM 8005....still if you want, you can hook it up to the Front pre outs

@jigarpatel
There are pre outs on the NR1508 and NR1608 too

If DTSx is imp then go for the NR1608.....download the owners manual to understand how DTSx works...(if works in a 5.1 setup or compulsory 7.1 setup). Do this before making any purchases.....

Thanks, I don't want DTSx or Atmos, for me 5.1 is more than enough for movie watching.

However 4K Blu-ray will have DTSx, so if input to AVR via HDMI is DTSx sound, will 5.1 still work or AVR will only decode as stereo.

Please check below link for slimier query and answer.
How Do Older Receivers Handle Atmos Soundtracks? Read more at https://www.soundandvision.com/content/how-do-older-receivers-handle-atmos-soundtracks#5tyKtoLSEQptIudR.99

Thanks, I don't want DTSx or Atmos, for me 5.1 is more than enough for movie watching.

However 4K Blu-ray will have DTSx, so if input to AVR via HDMI is DTSx sound, will 5.1 still work or AVR will only decode as stereo.

How Do Older Receivers Handle Atmos Soundtracks? Read more at https://www.soundandvision.com/content/how-do-older-receivers-handle-atmos-soundtracks#5tyKtoLSEQptIudR.99

I believe this link will help with good insights on DTSx and Atmos.......

In my opinion, I am sure the BR would have an option of other available audio formats to support / work on AVRs like DD or DD+ or DTS ...if not as per the article you have shared, the audio will come out like regular 5.1

I use a 7.1 SR series and only have 5.1 speakers set.....most content is DD or DTS and if your speakers are placed / angled properly, you would not be missing out on 7.1 or Atmos or DTSx effects....etc......as the 5.1 setup is already creating a decent envelope surround field...this is my opinion....others may have a different take!

I believe this link will help with good insights on DTSx and Atmos.......

In my opinion, I am sure the BR would have an option of other available audio formats to support / work on AVRs like DD or DD+ or DTS ...if not as per the article you have shared, the audio will come out like regular 5.1

I use a 7.1 SR series and only have 5.1 speakers set.....most content is DD or DTS and if your speakers are placed / angled properly, you would not be missing out on 7.1 or Atmos or DTSx effects....etc......as the 5.1 setup is already creating a decent envelope surround field...this is my opinion....others may have a different take!
IMO no matter how good you position your speakers in a 5.1 it surely cannot be compared to an Atmos experience. After experiencing atmos for me i am not able to enjoy 5.1. I use neural x for all movies and music that are 5.1 content so i get overhead effects. I stay next to the indian airforce so helicopters and jets often goes over my flat. When watching atmos movies some times i have to pause and confirm if the jet or helicopter sound is from the movie or really flying over my flat. 5.1 is good and enough to enjoy a movie but definitely Atmos will improve the movie experience a lot

How Do Older Receivers Handle Atmos Soundtracks? Read more at https://www.soundandvision.com/cont...-handle-atmos-soundtracks#5tyKtoLSEQptIudR.99
It will decode as dts HD master 7.1. So dont worry you will get proper 5.1 effects

Hi , can any one comment on marantz 1608/09 vs Denon x1400/1500 in terms of dialogue clarity + surround effects and LFE.

I have to decide between these to for my new HT setup.
Is marantz 1609 enough for my room?
My room size is 19feet x 10 feet.
Usage movies to music 80:20
As Denon is more warmer how is it's dialogue legibility in movies?

Hi , can any one comment on marantz 1608/09 vs Denon x1400/1500 in terms of dialogue clarity + surround effects and LFE.

I have to decide between these to for my new HT setup.
Is marantz 1609 enough for my room?
My room size is 19feet x 10 feet.
Usage movies to music 80:20
As Denon is more warmer how is it's dialogue legibility in movies?
I depends on the speakers.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back