Marantz Owner Thread...

If dynamic volume and Eq is on in audyssey,then sometimes center may apear low in volume.Certain loudness is suppressed.

I have bought Audyssey multieq editor app
How to edit the curves after measurement
What is the reference curve which should be matched
I checked I u tube all are unknown language
Anyone has used this app.

Good morning
Yesterday while watching movies I felt dialogues were weak but surround sounds were good. I increased centre channel= 1db more not much improvement changed to 2 dB more did not appreciate much change. Speaker is working not damaged.
My question
1) Audyssey has set centre channel to = —6.5 dB it has trimmed the values
2) should increase the source volume in avr presently it is at zero
3) avr volume I am currently listening at 30-50 can I increase more if I ncrease any problems to speakers / hearing/ speakers
Please guide me.
With regards
Vinayaka

If the center is sounding a bit weak, you can increase slowly provided the speaker can handle that much output etc......check multiple movies etc...

1. You can increase slowly....keep in mind the actual watts handling and impedance of the speakers.
  2. You can increase source volume as most sources are low....example...i kept mt TV source at 10.
  3. The AVR can output 110 watts at 8 ohms and 140 watts at 6 ohms....so what your speakers can handle. increase slowly and check....you will notice muddy jarring or cracking sound if the speaker starts to feel Troubled.....do this carefully...
  4. In Audyssey settings,,,,,put Dynamic Volume off. It makes a difference...also run the AVR with ECO mode OFF and check

I have bought Audyssey multieq editor app
How to edit the curves after measurement
What is the reference curve which should be matched
I checked I u tube all are unknown language
Anyone has used this app.
You can opt edit curve option in app and move desired frequency of your choice till you get wished sound.Need to try some options.

Good morning
My observations with SR 6013
To improve sound output from receiver
1) most important is source audio format
2) cable sat- tatasky - dolbydigital form not much effect so need to keep format- PCM
Then you get awesome sound . Let avr do its work with its codecs
3)Amazon fire stick- initially I selected dolbydigital plus - not much effect then I changed to pcm format then awesome music
4) Bluetooth sound quality very good that to with FLAC( Apple Music/ I tunes) - music just can’t imagine.
5) above changes even without changing source volume kept at default- 0 decibels
6) proper placement of towers and sub, toeing in, carpets , floor mat make significant changes in audio quality
If any further changes I request fellow members to contribute

Good morning
2) cable sat- tatasky - dolbydigital form not much effect so need to keep format- PCM
3)Amazon fire stick- initially I selected dolbydigital plus - not much effect then I changed to pcm format then awesome music
4) Bluetooth sound quality very good that to with FLAC( Apple Music/ I tunes) - music just can’t imagine.
5) above changes even without changing source volume kept at default- 0 decibels
6) proper placement of towers and sub, toeing in, carpets , floor mat make significant changes in audio quality

If your content is movies/shows then native audio format (in many cases) is DD or DD+
If your content if music then native audio format is PCM
Down-mixing DD to PCM and then having AVR redistribute the sound is kinda counter intuitive.
Let the AVR see native format and act on it. This always gives better results.

Cheers,
Raghu

Online music content is tricky.
Indian content providers Gaana/Saavn/Prime are OK for ease of use and choice.
Spotify/Tidal/Pandora are either expensive or not available here.

Lots of FMs have their CDs, digital files (MP3s, FLAC, WAV, etc) on their HDDs or cloud.
So its up to your tenacity to find content to your liking.

Cheers,
Raghu

How to get it from cloud.
If you have good music collection can you share
1) Carnatic music- fusion ( vocal instrumental)
2) music in FLAC format
Please
With regards
Vinayaka

Good morning
What's the sound mode?Direct,pure direct or audyssesy?
lf PCM audio is sent,then avr goes in multichannel surround mode which sounds open even with HD audio.

I am having bit confusion regarding various formata
I was thinking for music- direct or pure direct better and for movies Dolby or dts
Am I right
Please advice
With regards
Vinayaka

To drive Emotiva T1 towers and centre which power amplifier is the best since they are 4 ohm speakers and I want to relieve some burden on my Marantz AVR6013.
Please advice
With regards
Vinayaka

Hi

The SR6013 is more than capable to drive the speakers.....still if you feel you want to separate it and drive separately....look at these...

https://emotiva.com/collections/amps/products/a-500

https://emotiva.com/collections/amps/products/a-700

Besides these, there are other models and brands available in the market....you need to see the connectivity (inter connects / cables) so that you have a proper one within your budget.

I would suggest to wait and use the AVR as is for 30 days for music and movies and then take a call to buy a separate power amp. Remember you can still tweak your AVR (Source Volume / Each Speaker volume). Unlike stereo amps which are plug and play.....the AVR has settings of which most of them are UNTAPPED.....so get out the hidden potential of the AVR

How to get it from cloud.
If you have good music collection can you share
1) Carnatic music- fusion ( vocal instrumental)
2) music in FLAC format

Well this is difficult to do over cloud. Usually, people have their private music collections in whatever media (CD, LP, tape, digital).
For sake of convenience they upload to the cloud via a service (say Google Music) so that it's available everywhere for them.
Unless they upload to a dedicated server or enable peer-to-peer sharing, you will not get it.
I, for example, converted many of my older CDs to FLAC files for ease of use and necessity (CD player died)
Also have collected many my favorite tunes via torrent (p2p sharing).

Audyssey- better surround effects like mj albums
Carnatic vocal- pure direct or direct
That is your personal preference. Some like only L/R, some like L/R + Sub, some like all channel stereo.
There are very few true multi-channel audio recordings. 99.9% are stereo (or mono converted into dual mono).

I am having bit confusion regarding various formata
I was thinking for music- direct or pure direct better and for movies Dolby or dts
Am I right
For movies, let the native format come thru and be decoded in AVR and played with all the jingbang.
For music, if your source and content is good quality (yes, source and content are different) try direct/pure-direct.
If you want to tweak (aka tone control/EQ) use stereo mode. AVRs don't allow tweaks in direct modes.

To drive Emotiva T1 towers and centre which power amplifier is the best since they are 4 ohm speakers and I want to relieve some burden on my Marantz AVR6013.
Don't lose sleep over this. You have plonked a significant amount of money into new setup.
It will run just fine. The new system is there to unburden you from daily grind by allowing you to enjoy a movie or a music album.
You don't need to unburden the AVR unless there is something lacking. With your setup, I can potentially see years of enjoyment.
So sit back, kick your shoes off, pour yourself a drink and let the AVR and speakers do their thing to entertain you and family.

A note about source, content and media formats (mainly music, some movies)
Source: the box that connects to the AVR (eg, CD/BD player, network/media player, TT, STB, Chromecast, DAC, etc)
Content: the actual thing; a song or a movie
Media Formats:
- Music: Vinyl, Tape, CD, Other digital (compressed lossy/lossless), stream
- Movies: DVD, BD, Other digital (compressed lossy/lossless), stream

Digital Audio formats for music:
For storage: MP3, FLAC, ALAC, WAV (compression formats which can be lossy or lossless)
Resolution and sampling frequency: 16 bit/44.1 KHz is the most popular (CD spec), 24/96 and 24/192 are gaining momentum

Digital Audio formats for movies:
Dolby Digital (all avatars), DTS (all avatars): usually in 24 bit/48 KHz per channel

If content is to your liking, say a familiar song, you will listen to it on your tinny phone, but will enjoy and appreciate it more on a good system.
Same for a movie.
If it is unfamiliar content, no matter how good the electronics and speakers are, your brain/heart will not connect to it (laws of nature).

Cheers,
Raghu

Please advice
With regards
Vinayaka
None needed. Keep it simple and let the receiver do it all. Let it sit in a well ventilated spot and enjoy your movies.

MaSh

Marantz SR 6013 is more than capable receiver to drive 4 ohms load but for long marathon movie, it will produce considerable amount of heat if not ventilated actively. In 5.2.4 mode you will run out of power for more dynamic movie and will strain receiver. Additional power amplifier will certainly help you in this regards with less burden on receiver, in turn improve the headroom. Emotiva A-300 is one of the good option for front two channels else A-500 with four surround or four Atmos channels on power amplifier ( 7.2.4 mode). Initially for few months just check how AVR work in different operational conditions and then decide....

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back