Marantz Owner Thread...

That proprietary port won't help for any connectivity with AVR.. if you are looking for wired solution, you can consider using a 3.5mm to dual RCA cable to connect DAP to Marantz AVR.. But since you are already playing thru network (Marantz app), it is easier & better..

Not limited to Marantz, but all the AVR brands..

Thank you. I never thought of doing that! I will try it and let you know.
Hoping there is perceptible difference between the wired and wireless audio quality
(sound outputting through KEF LS50)

Thank you. I never thought of doing that! I will try it and let you know.
Hoping there is perceptible difference between the wired and wireless audio quality
(sound outputting through KEF LS50)

In your case, playing from mobile thru network to AVR should be better than playing thru DAP connected to AVR via analogue.. Anyways, good to try..

They are at all time best prices. Just Grab it.
Specwise both are 90 watt per channel 7.2 system. But there are differences.
NR 1608 carries Bluetooth 3.0, 32bit DAC, on board Dolby Vision, Auto Firmware update in standby mode and HEOS module !

Thank you. Is this right time to buy? I thought of buying by end of December. No GST reduction effect on receivers? 1608 is over budget to me. Is 1607 ok?

Hey Hi,

I use Marantz NR 1504, which is also a Slim series and I have been using it for around 2 years now, with different types and speced speakers. Touchwood, it has brought a smile every time. The one and only drawback one would see if the rated 50w per channel at 8ohms. Trust me this is more than enough to drive any moderately efficient speaker(>86db) to decent volumes. Apart from this on paper drawback, there is nothing wrong with the series. If the NR series fit your budget and requirement, in my opinion you should definitely go ahead.

MaSh
Thank you. Quality wise better than Denon x1400h?

Thank you. Is this right time to buy? I thought of buying by end of December. No GST reduction effect on receivers? 1608 is over budget to me. Is 1607 ok?
1607 wont dissapoint you. Enough power to drive most of the speakers. In fact I am using 1606 for 1 year which delivers 50 wpc. Not sufficient for which I am thinking one Power Amp for FL/FR.

Marantz 5012

Friends I have recently purchased Marantz SR5012 from Prosonics. I've got very good deal and it was delivered at my home (Via FEDEX) with in 2 days of payment. You can reach out to Mr. Santhosh,Bangalore Ph:9341112580, he is very friendly guy. You may get festive offers on some products as well on famous BIC America sub woofers too. Coming to AV receiver, as everyone knows Marantz performance on movies is awesome. Still I’m tweaking the settings, btw manual and specs can be found on internet. Over all the best purchase experience with Prosincs (Santhosh) compared to other dealers.

Last edited:
Marantz 5012

Friends I have recently purchased Marantz SR5012 from Prosonics. I've got very good deal and it was delivered at my home (Via FEDEX) with in 2 days of payment. You can reach out to Mr. Santhosh,Bangalore Ph:9341112580, he is very friendly guy. You may get festive offers on some products as well on famous BIC America sub woofers too. Coming to AV receiver, as everyone knows Marantz performance on movies is awesome. Still I’m tweaking the settings, btw manual and specs can be found on internet. Over all the best purchase experience with Prosincs (Santhosh) compared to other dealers.
Congratulations

Guys,
Any one know Marantz dealers in Hyderabad, Currently using Onkyo ,planning to upgrade to Marantz SR6012.
Onkyo costs a bomb for 5.1.4 receivers. Seems Marantz is best option.

Thanks.

Guys,
Any one know Marantz dealers in Hyderabad, Currently using Onkyo ,planning to upgrade to Marantz SR6012.

Thanks.
Check with ProSonics if they can ship. Since warranty coverage is across India, shouldn't be a problem.

Hello dear all,

I am auditioning the marantz SR5011 and Yamaha RX-V683 at home, the dealer allowed me to take both home to decide properly with my own speaker setup. (Bose Acoustimass series 6)

Need help to decide between the two.

After watching the same set of movies on both. (No music played yet)
I have some observations i want to share.

1) First major thing is that both of them are equally bright. Don't know why marantz is sounding bright, over the net some say HDAM circuits are now tuned for brightness, and marantz warmness is now thing of the past.

2) Marantz drives the speakers more effortlessly. Marantz being 100w and yamaha 90w.

3) Marantz brings out more details, especially in the midrange.

4) Sound of the Marantz is more open sounding and clear.Though yamaha is not that far behind.

5) Low end and punch is also more in marantz. Yamaha is also good but marantz does stand out.

6) Marantz, as is being said repeatedly over and over again over the net, is less reliable. YAMAHA being highly rated for being more reliable.

Over the forums it is being said that the marantz have issues with hdcp 2.2 compatiblity as they provide in house certification only, due to which there are issues with other devices.

HDMI board failure : Is this issue still a reality OR is it the thing of the past.

Please guide me through, i am loving the sound of marantz but the brightness, hdcp 2.2 issue and hdmi board failure are holding me back from making a purchase.

I have to decide today itself, as the dealer wants them back ASAP :)

THANKS

Last edited:
Every brand is prone to HDMI board failure issues....typically a High end brand and model has lesser chances of failure...the board fails due to electric current that sometimes passes through Cable TV lines which affects the set top box and further sends the same to the TV and or AVR....

Honestly there is no brightness in Marantz..it is warm...you need to tweak the settings as per your requirement and you are set.....

Thank you. Quality wise better than Denon x1400h?
i would still take a denon x1400 then the marantz NR 1507/8. Unless space is really an issue for the avr in your setup & you must have a slime line receiver. For me the real marantz starts from the SR series like the SR5011/12. The NR series is good for satellite/tiny speakers as its only 50 wpc.
Playing them with 100w+ speakers can lead to clipping issues at high volumes. Which speakers you will be paring the avr with?

Cheers.

Guys,

Thanks.

Try jamsticks.com i have just purchased avr from them, Mr. Vikram jain contact him he is nice guy.

Every brand is prone to HDMI board failure issues....typically a High end brand and model has lesser chances of failure...the board fails due to electric current that sometimes passes through Cable TV lines which affects the set top box and further sends the same to the TV and or AVR....

Honestly there is no brightness in Marantz..it is warm...you need to tweak the settings as per your requirement and you are set.....

Hi is there any particular brand set top box which are culprit for hdmi failure? And is This problem with just local cable operators or with DTH too?

Hi, need help i have recently purchased a marantz 6012. Everything working fine but i am unable to play few mp3 with error " unable to play media, please try later " from heos and with usb also its unable to detect few mp3 tracks.

Please help?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back