Marantz Owner Thread...

Thanks @sijusid
My concern was from audyssey perspective it does not figures out that there is a amp connected to LR channels. I am not sure if it should do so. Also if I am not using LR amp power in denon .. how much power is wasted if any ? can that power if higher be used to reassign to other channels ? Can that port be assigned to some other channels? I am not sure but I read somewhere someone did something similar in avsforum
Power is definitely not wasted, however it will be better utilised if power amps are used for some channels. AVR amplifier and separate power amplifier will only output power as required by your system, depending on your speaker load and listening levels. It's not uncommon to use only few watts of power for certain listening scenarios. I am not sure about reassgning the front channels to other channels

I am very much thankful to @elangoas and @Amarendra who build my courage to integrate two AVR in Pre-Power combination. This experiment was only possible due to kind guidance and information from both FM.
Most of time we upgrade from old AVR to new AVR in the search of more channels , more power or more features and old AVR become idle or redundant . As most of new avr come with nine channels of amplification and eleven channels of processing for complete 7.2.4 mode, additional two channel power amplifier become necessity . Even for an nine channels AVR , it is difficult to power all nine channels for optimum performance level and run out of power. In this case, we can use our old avr to power additional two channels either for 7.2.4 mode or to share the load from nine channels avr for better performance. Most of older avr doesn't have pre in but still we can use it's analog line input to power additional channels. Following is the procedure...
Today afternoon I have successfully connected two avr in Pre-Power mode. Here Marantz NR1608 is working as pre amplifler and Denon AVR 2113 work as power amp . Marantz front pre out is connected to CD analog line in of Denon . Both avr operated in Pure Direct mode. Initially I have set the volume limit of -25 db on both the receiver. Source was Tidal on laptop desktop app through HDMI port to Marantz. I have started volume control from -60 db on Marantz and -50db on Denon . Then gradually decrease volume by -10 db on each unit until Denon on -10db and Marantz on -20 db. Finally set Denon on 0db and Marantz on -18db to achieve regular listing level. ( Finally I set volume limit to 0db on Denon and -15db on Marantz for safe usage so that now , I can't go below volume limit from volume dial unless until I am not changing the limits ). Listen few tracks and noticed improvement in sound ....System become more subtle and detail, better micro dynamics with bold vocals , low end little tight and agile but not deeper.
System experimented in stereo mode only . Will do in HT mode later on......

I am very much thankful to @elangoas and @Amarendra who build my courage to integrate two AVR in Pre-Power combination. This experiment was only possible due to kind guidance and information from both FM.
Most of time we upgrade from old AVR to new AVR in the search of more channels , more power or more features and old AVR become idle or redundant . As most of new avr come with nine channels of amplification and eleven channels of processing for complete 7.2.4 mode, additional two channel power amplifier become necessity . Even for an nine channels AVR , it is difficult to power all nine channels for optimum performance level and run out of power. In this case, we can use our old avr to power additional two channels either for 7.2.4 mode or to share the load from nine channels avr for better performance. Most of older avr doesn't have pre in but still we can use it's analog line input to power additional channels. Following is the procedure...
Today afternoon I have successfully connected two avr in Pre-Power mode. Here Marantz NR1608 is working as pre amplifler and Denon AVR 2113 work as power amp . Marantz front pre out is connected to CD analog line in of Denon . Both avr operated in Pure Direct mode. Initially I have set the volume limit of -25 db on both the receiver. Source was Tidal on laptop desktop app through HDMI port to Marantz. I have started volume control from -60 db on Marantz and -50db on Denon . Then gradually decrease volume by -10 db on each unit until Denon on -10db and Marantz on -20 db. Finally set Denon on 0db and Marantz on -18db to achieve regular listing level. ( Finally I set volume limit to 0db on Denon and -15db on Marantz for safe usage so that now , I can't go below volume limit from volume dial unless until I am not changing the limits ). Listen few tracks and noticed improvement in sound ....System become more subtle and detail, better micro dynamics with bold vocals , low end little tight and agile but not deeper.

Yes, this is doable, I had similar question and plan a few months back and posted it here - https://www.hifivision.com/threads/onkyo-ht-r518-as-2-or-4-ch-ext-amplifier.75062/
I still have that old AVR with me and have not purchased an amp for additional two channels. I'm thinking of trying this and see how it works before I dispose off the old AVR.

PCM indicates that the decoding is done by your connected device. In your case, it is done by Apple TV. Dolby Atmos sound is bypassed to your AVR and decoding is done in your AVR and hence Dolby Atmos is shown in input signal. This is normal for apple TV.

You may however change the output decoder as per your choice, specially if you are playing 5.1 content, from the sound field button in your remote (4 separate buttons as movie, music, games etc). You can select DTS neural upmixer or Atmos upmixer or Dolby surround etc..

Thank you,
I have see only two things in various different streaming media contents. Either its PCM or its Dolby Atmos. Whenever its PCM, I always set it to Neural-x assuming that's going to decode it in the best possible way, better than DD surround or DTS which are the other options I see. I don't get Atmos option unless the input signal itself is Atmos.
So, I understand whenever the input signal is PCM< using Neural-x on my AVR is the best thing I can do right?

1569522589742.png
Here in this pic, source label is BlueRay but actually its AppleTV4K on that HDMI port.

DTS neural X is the DTS upmixer for immersive audio (DTS X). It upmixes to all available speakers including height channels.
DD surround and DTS are 5.1 surround encoders.

If you like DTS neural X output, you can very well continue using it. My personal experience is that for some old 5.1 movies (by old, I mean before 2000), DD surround or DTS 5.1 encoding sound better (less distortion). After upgrading to marantz prepro, nowadays I only use auro upmixers.

Also, now in addition to DTS neural X, we also have Dolby Atmos upmixer. If you don't see that option, check if there is any software upgrade available for your AVR.

Interesting.

I feel pure direct mode should be enabled only on your denon AVR as it is used only as amplifier.
I would also fix the level of denon AVR (both startup and max level) to 0. Then rerun the audyssey calibration in marantz AVR. It should automatically set correct level for your front channels in your marantz AVR, which should work for both movies and stereo. This should also allow for using audyssey settings (reference,flat) if you choose to.

Hi all, I'm looking to buy the marantz nr1508/1608 and pair it with a pair of bookshelfs. Need some inputs on dealing with hifimart for the marantz avr where I'm getting a good deal. I'm aware that hifivision is a part of hifimart (or the other way around) and have also seen a lot of threads with people happy with their experience on hifimart. My question is specifically for the warranty. While hifimart says that the manufacturer warranty is valid, when I spoke with some of the offline dealers, they were very clear that warranty is void is purchased online. I can understand that this could be to avoid competition but does anybody here have firsthand experience of using warranty claim for a product bought through hifimart - preferably a marantz.

Also, I'm looking to buy either the 3020i or the polk S15/20 to go with the avr. Center and sub woofer will be added. No plans for rears yet. Inputs on the choice would be very welcome. I'm in delhi, so any direction to a dealer where I can try both together would also be appreciated

Thanks

Hi all, I'm looking to buy the marantz nr1508/1608 and pair it with a pair of bookshelfs. Need some inputs on dealing with hifimart for the marantz avr where I'm getting a good deal. I'm aware that hifivision is a part of hifimart (or the other way around) and have also seen a lot of threads with people happy with their experience on hifimart. My question is specifically for the warranty. While hifimart says that the manufacturer warranty is valid, when I spoke with some of the offline dealers, they were very clear that warranty is void is purchased online. I can understand that this could be to avoid competition but does anybody here have firsthand experience of using warranty claim for a product bought through hifimart - preferably a marantz.

Also, I'm looking to buy either the 3020i or the polk S15/20 to go with the avr. Center and sub woofer will be added. No plans for rears yet. Inputs on the choice would be very welcome. I'm in delhi, so any direction to a dealer where I can try both together would also be appreciated

Thanks

ProFx deals with Polk Audio...if you are based in Mumbai ( as seen in your profile) visit their stores at Worli ...Meet Manoj and see what deal he can work out for you.

HifiMart sells original stuff with warranty, contact Mr Anil for good deals or any queries you may have. You can also visit MZ Audio (Bandra West) who import Marantz and supply to most shops / dealers in Mumbai etc......meet Sayyed for a good deal....check who offers the best price and take the plunge....go for the model where you will use more than 50% of the functionality....no point buying something which you think you may not use now but in the near future....no product is 100% future proof....specs and features can change anytime....

Hey guys do tell me which is better marantz av8805 or yamaha 5200 processor
The net is somewhat claiming that yamaha is better
Pls guide
Thanks

Pls guide
Thanks

I would pick the Marantz for its Audyssey variant. Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, Sub EQ HT, etc.

MaSh

Pls guide
Thanks
If you prefer auto calibration setup, marantz is the way to go, as Yamaha will require some effort in fine tuning it's eq to get the best out of it. If you find fun in tweaking the eq to your tastes, then go with Yamaha.

Marantz also supports Imax enhanced and auro 3d, if that matters to you.

You can also look at marantz av7705, which is a little brother to av8805.

If you prefer auto calibration setup, marantz is the way to go, as Yamaha will require some effort in fine tuning it's eq to get the best out of it. If you find fun in tweaking the eq to your tastes, then go with Yamaha.

Marantz also supports Imax enhanced and auro 3d, if that matters to you.

You can also look at marantz av7705, which is a little brother to av8805.
Av7705 is an 11 channel pre so was looking to upgrade to a 13 channel as i already had a marantz sr8012

Hi All,

I am facing issue with audessey setup. Towards the end of seating position setup, it throws the error “noise or low level” & stops. It’s pin drop silence in the room & woofer level is adjusted at the start of setup as guided. How to solve this ??

Hi All,

I am facing issue with audessey setup. Towards the end of seating position setup, it throws the error “noise or low level” & stops. It’s pin drop silence in the room & woofer level is adjusted at the start of setup as guided. How to solve this ??
Which position is that? Could you post an image of the layout you are following? Try doing the problematic position first and see if the receiver picks it up.

MaSh

Help needed: my sr 5013 cannot connect to the network. I have reset the settings and tried it many times. It cannot detect my home network. It stops at the - network setup - please wait prompt screen. 97D65C6E-33A8-41FA-A4BB-3B6329F71074.jpeg

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back