Marantz Owner Thread...

Folks...

Several Marantz products, both amplifiers and CD players are going on a great price in hifimart.com. In many cases same or cheaper than UK prices. OTOH some items have seen price hike.
Some stock/ supply issues at play. If you are in the market for any Marantz product, this may be a good time to call up Anil and grab a deal.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Marantz. And Anil is just an all around good guy :)

Hi Senior members,

Need your suggestion on below

1. What is the best option from price and reliability point of view to purchase Marantz AVR or power -amp online?
  2. Hyderabad : What is the best offline source to purchase Marantz AVR or power -amp.
  3. Is it good time to buy new product, is price inflated?
Last but not least, see if any one of you can spare one for me, m looking for Marantz 6/7 series.

Hi Senior members,

Need your suggestion on below

1. What is the best option from price and reliability point of view to purchase Marantz AVR or power -amp online?
  2. Hyderabad : What is the best offline source to purchase Marantz AVR or power -amp.
  3. Is it good time to buy new product, is price inflated?
Last but not least, see if any one of you can spare one for me, m looking for Marantz 6/7 series.
Do you have a receiver currently? If not, go for one which has all the Inputs and Outputs you need and Pre Out for at least the front channels and Sub.

I am not aware of Marantz dealers in Hyderabad, however, Pro FX is an authorized dealer for Denon. You could explore Denon too.

If you Need a receiver then there is never a bad time. You could post in the Wanted thread for a pre worshipped receiver.

MaSh

Do you have a receiver currently? If not, go for one which has all the Inputs and Outputs you need and Pre Out for at least the front channels and Sub.

I am not aware of Marantz dealers in Hyderabad, however, Pro FX is an authorized dealer for Denon. You could explore Denon too.

If you Need a receiver then there is never a bad time. You could post in the Wanted thread for a pre worshipped receiver.

MaSh

Yeah I have Marantz NR 1609 and Dynaudio Emit M20 and I think I am not getting the good output with it. Planning to have a power amp too along with other better AVR.

I will check with Profx MaSh. Yeah posted it for wanted, not getting any good one though so far.

Yeah I have Marantz NR 1609 and Dynaudio Emit M20 and I think I am not getting the good output with it. Planning to have a power amp too along with other better AVR.

I will check with Profx MaSh. Yeah posted it for wanted, not getting any good one though so far.

NR 1609 is a good AVR and your speakers are good too but I guess because of 4ohms load it is not delivering.
NR 1609 has option for front pre outs, try adding a power amp.

Don't think you need to buy a new AVR, try auditioning some speakers which match the AVR.

NR 1609 is a good AVR and your speakers are good too but I guess because of 4ohms load it is not delivering.
NR 1609 has option for front pre outs, try adding a power amp.

Don't think you need to buy a new AVR, try auditioning some speakers which match the AVR.

Yeah power amp would be needed, I thought to have better AVR and then add power amp later?

Generally for any song through HEAO I have to go volume level 75 to fill 12ftx12ft room. :( Is it normal?

Yeah power amp would be needed, I thought to have better AVR and then add power amp later?

Generally for any song through HEAO I have to go volume level 75 to fill 12ftx12ft room. :( Is it normal?

Definitely not normal.
Did you calibrate the AVR with the mic received ?

What are the channel levels, crossover, speaker size set as ?

Definitely not normal.
Did you calibrate the AVR with the mic received ?

What are the channel levels, crossover, speaker size set as ?

Yeah I calibrated with Audessey and I have front l/r and subwoofer only. After calibration all is set to 0 only.
Speaker size I manually set as small, crossover I am not really sure on it.

What concerns me that I have SVS PB 2000(got it pre-owned and I tested it was good condition there) and I dont feel good low.

My testing content is mostly through Youtube or Netflix through Airtel xtream box.

Do you see something unusual in it?

Yeah I calibrated with Audessey and I have front l/r and subwoofer only. After calibration all is set to 0 only.

What concerns me that I have SVS PB 2000(got it pre-owned and I tested it was good condition there) and I dont feel good low.

My testing content is mostly through Youtube or Netflix through Airtel xtream box.

Check Crossovers, should be at 80.
But all speaker channels at 0 and still you need to bump volume is surprising.

Speakers can be a issue: Low sensisitive and 4ohm load which the AVR is not able to handle. Maybe some FMs can guide on this.
If you have some other speakers you can test them out.

Netflix should be good to test SVS sub.
Try playing few songs through Heos and spotify on pure direct or direct mode, see how it sounds.

Check Crossovers, should be at 80.
But all speaker channels at 0 and still you need to bump volume is surprising.

Speakers can be a issue: Low sensisitive and 4ohm load which the AVR is not able to handle. Maybe some FMs can guide on this.
If you have some other speakers you can test them out.

Netflix should be good to test SVS sub.
Try playing few songs through Heos and spotify on pure direct or direct mode, see how it sounds.
Sure Amruth, I will try with this suggestion.

Thanks for your time and info. :)

That's a very good receiver. For a 2.1 setup, you don't need any better receiver. Just add a Poweramp rated at 100w+ at 8 Ohms. I did see a couple of Crowns on sale in For Sale section. Check them out.

All cannot be set to 0 by calibration. Let the receiver do the complete setup run of all Seats. The only thing you may want to change is to set the speakers as Small and Cross them to 100hz.

If you have an SVS, set its volume to 12'o Clock position or higher, so as to get as minium a gain on the receiver after it has run the setup. Do not make any other changes to the setup. Let us know if you notice a difference.

MaSh

That's a very good receiver. For a 2.1 setup, you don't need any better receiver. Just add a Poweramp rated at 100w+ at 8 Ohms. I did see a couple of Crowns on sale in For Sale section. Check them out.

All cannot be set to 0 by calibration. Let the receiver do the complete setup run of all Seats. The only thing you may want to change is to set the speakers as Small and Cross them to 100hz.

If you have an SVS, set its volume to 12'o Clock position or higher, so as to get as minium a gain on the receiver after it has run the setup. Do not make any other changes to the setup. Let us know if you notice a difference.

MaSh
That's a lot of things to try , sure let me play with it. Really thanks for Ur time

That's a lot of things to try , sure let me play with it. Really thanks for Ur time
Yes, take it one at a time. If you wish you can just do the speakers and leave the Sub for a couple of days. Those speakers have very good bass. So try them out running Large for a week. Fine-tune the setup. Once you are confident, you can then add the sub too and do another run of auto setup. Getting the sub on point takes a bit of time, it's not plugged and play.

MaSh

Yes, take it one at a time. If you wish you can just do the speakers and leave the Sub for a couple of days. Those speakers have very good bass. So try them out running Large for a week. Fine-tune the setup. Once you are confident, you can then add the sub too and do another run of auto setup. Getting the sub on point takes a bit of time, it's not plugged and play.

MaSh
Yeah I am feeling the heat now :)

Initially I though put all speaker run audessey and it's all set, but definitely it is not the case

Yeah I am feeling the heat now :)

Initially I though put all speaker run audessey and it's all set, but definitely it is not the case
he he it's FAR from that. To get the best results, you need to run the setup perfectly and even then you would be doing multiple iterations, trying different speaker placements, toe in-toe out, height, mic positions, etc.

It's a wonderful journey getting it right.

MaSh

he he it's FAR from that. To get the best results, you need to run the setup perfectly and even then you would be doing multiple iterations, trying different speaker placements, toe in-toe out, height, mic positions, etc.

It's a wonderful journey getting it right.

MaSh
Yeah!! Will be looking for guidance time to time :)

Hows the HEOS app...do you find it easy to stream music and how about quality
Bit primitive but works. Now very stable, doesn't crash. Quality is good as long as you are using native app like Spotify connect. In that case your player determines the quality. Alternatively, if playing through Bluetooth, quality is limited by Bluetooth version.
Some functions are missing like history and favorites etc in Prime Music.
But, hey, it's free. Uninstall if you don't like :)

Craeted a separate thread for below, posting it here to get more attention. Mods please excuse :)

+++
Hi everyone

Last 3 weeks my AVR while in usage goes in protection mode (orange light blinks), it has happened 3 times randomly in last 3 weeks.
There is a "dhupp" sound from speakers and the AVR goes in protection.

Restarting after few seconds it works well again

So far to troubleshoot, I have cleaned it up properly using soft brush and mild blower.
I have also checked speaker wire connection for any lose connection of shorting. My speakers terminate into AVR (rear surrounds and 4 X Atmos) using proper Banan Plugs. The other speakers on Emotiva Amp also terminates using Banana Plugs.

I couldn't find any problem.

I use Infinity Fans to keep the AVR cool and also take care of moisture if any, though my Room is not dedicated and has some ventilation. While using HT setup, generally my AC is on.

What could be potential reason for this problem?

Just to mention, when I touch the banana plugs or HDMI cable's head on AVR, I do get a very mild shock. However this has been there for years now.

+++

What could be potential reason for this problem?

Just to mention, when I touch the banana plugs or HDMI cable's head on AVR, I do get a very mild shock. However this has been there for years now.

+++
Did you try unplugging all sources and seeing if it still goes into protection and also whether the mild current goes away? Try removing all connections, input and output, one by one to check. If it still goes into protection, then get it checked by a technician.

MaSh

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back