Marantz PM6005 marries KEF Q300! - how good that will be?

noblejose

Hello,
I'm planning to get a decent Stereo setup.

Thinking to buy Marantz PM 6005
* I need a stereo amp with inbuilt DAC as I'm planning to connect it to tv optical out for 2 channel audio - You tube, Tune In radio, etc from smart tv.) and Coax from my Pioneer bluray player (for audio CD and music from HDD/ USB)

* I've a pair of Pioneer Andrew Jones seris FS-52 running for my Home Theatre front channels, but looking for a better musical speakers for 2-channel; so KEF Q300 looks promising.

I hope these PM 6005 and Q300 will be a good match!;) what you guys think?

Take an appointment and carry your amp to Profx. Test for yourself. Nothing better than that.

Should work well, Q300 are very good speakers and Marantz 6005 is a very popular amplifier. Having said that whether the pairing will be to your liking is another question.

If you have bought the amp already then take it to ProFX and hear the combo, as Naturelover suggested, that is the best possible way.

Nobel...its a very good match..as kef300 is on little brighter side of this world ! which goes well with marantz .

Go for an audition and confirm.

Do post pic:)

sir

IMO Q300 should be good. Wharfedales pair very well with Marantz, do try Wharfadale Diamond 220. Another good speaker is Q Acoustics 2020i.

Hello,
I've just bought a KEF Q300:yahoo: (used, 1year old) from a fellow music lover. He paired it with Audio Refinement 'Complete' stereo amp. It sounded awesome; especially the imaging, music instruments separation etc.

In my case, I need a DAC, as many of my collections are FLAC and also streaming audio. So, I've shortlisted Marantz PM6005 (which has an inbuit DAC). or should I go for a NAD/ CA? or any second hand good stereo amp + a separate DAC. My budget is around 40K.

I'm also planning to take my KEF to some dealers who has Marantz PM6005; and NAD, for audition. Any good hifi stereo dealers in Bangalore? ProFx don't have Marantz.

Please give your valuable suggestions/ inputs.

Thanks,
Noble

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back