Media Player with 3D & HDMI 1.4

soundlover

Hello,

I am looking for Media Player with 3D & HDMI 1.4 support.

Extremer Prodigy is launching on 15th Sep & may reach us by Oct. Can't wait that long.

Any comparable alternatives?

Popcorn hour will play 3D movies, Try it out...without 1.4 HDMI... Makes everybody to enjoy with 1.3A HDMI.. No need of upgrading the AV receiver too.

Contents from their website as below:)

Popcorn Hour - Networked Media Jukebox

MKV3D Support
Start to enjoy 3D movies on your Popcorn Hour A-210 today, with the industry first true MKV3D support in a media player! This support is built into the firmware so you do not need to reach for the TV remote and manual switch to 3D mode. In fact we busted the myth that to enjoy 3D movies you need HDMI 1.4 equipment, while our players are HDMI 1.3a, so no need to upgrade your Audio Video Receiver (AVR) afterall.
*firmware upgrade necessary and 3D enable TV needed

You can build a great HTPC for much lesser price, Or else wait for prodigy /ACRyan Fluxx /Xtreamer ultra.

Any one up for a pre ordering the Xtreamer prodigy? i am planing to do so!! Guess u get the wireless keyboad free.

Xtreamer dealer in India is not very active, I even doubt if the dealership is still valid. Better buy direct or via ebay.

Himedia players 600a/B are gonna be available in India soon in another 10 days and since now we have our very 1st local seller for them I think it would be good buy if the price is nice enough aswel.......so wait dnt buy any media player fr now....himedai comes with the lastest chip with full support for DTS HD MA !!!!!

no 3D support for it though..yet I think

Xtreamer Prodigy and HImedia 600A/600B both come with the Realtek 1185 but HImedia 600A is around Rs 5000 for the basic version and Rs 6999 for the one which gets internal HDD I think thats a good buy right now since I mange to get a Indian seller for it and we will get local support :)

The Xtreamer Prodigy wont be less than 12000 to 15000 :p

but again no support for 3D yet from 600A/600B...rest all looks top support for HImedia :)

Last edited:
One +ve aspect of xtreamer is that it plays almost all formats available on the net, while other popular models do not play some format. This my personal experience, I and my friend have used four other media players, from which Xtreamer played those formats which other players did not.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back