Movies Discount and Offer threads :D

but why?? is it because of customs issue?? Indian customs at best is unpredictable, I had to pay 1.4K for 11K purchase (headphone) while 35K purchase (RCM) didn't attract any customs
I will tell you why.

a) Last two deliveries were late
b) Customs is charging anything from 40% to 45% duty.
c) The last delivery never arrived. I raised a complaint and same titles were sent by new delivery.
d) As we are aware that Amazon sells at huge (20% to 50%) discount. In the re-delivery, the prices that were marked for customs purpose were marked at full original price. Hence my original order of 45.09 (incl. shipping) was now valued at 110.64 (without shipping).
e) Customs added some 10% for shipping/forwarding and then charged a whopping Rs. 4778 as duty. This is 1.5 times the original cost. So I refused the delivery and asked Amazon for re-credit. That they did.

So from now on, it will be FlipKart, Excel, and other local vendors. I may continue to buy from Amazon when travelling abroad.

Folks if you are interested in old Japanese classics in Criterion collection : The legendary Akira Kurosawa's greatest movie "Seven Samurai" is on sale. Also on sale is Hiroshi Inagaki "The Samurai Trilogy". As you all might know both are Toshiro Mifune greatest movie. I am big fan of both movie and just placed the order. Here's the cost details,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0Y1AYAPXYWN9H52GCNE5
Item(s) Subtotal: $59.98
Shipping & Handling: $12.97
-----
Total Before Tax: $72.95
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $0.00
Import Fees Deposit $19.62
-----
Grand Total: $92.57

Last edited:
@just4kix

same here...stopped importing from amazon..thanks to custom department.

i hear excel ppl have alerted the custom ppl on dvds/burays shipped from abroad.

Amazon, US is collecting customs duty deposit at the time of order itself. But US prices are much more than UK prices - and that is on base price itself. Next shipping charges are more from US. Finally, we get a VAT refund from UK site. So it's a great pity.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

got my rambo trilogy order from amazon usa in 7 days via aramex courier , no sns .
amazon refunded the import duty via promotional certificate which i asked for all, all happened in one day :D Great Customer care :D

Amazon.com: Apocalypse Now (Apocalypse Now / Apocalypse Now Redux / Hearts of Darkness) (Three-Disc Full Disclosure Edition) [Blu-ray]: Martin Sheen, Marlon Brando, Francis Ford Coppola: Movies & TV
3 disc version region free for 20.33$ total comes 37$ after import deposit , mostly u will get import fees back ie 7.88$ . total cost in rs is 1937rs including import tax. without 1500rs more or less

bonus thing is amazon.com ships via aramex courier , so u get tracking id .
i got my rambo trilogy in 7 flat days with tracking id and no customs :D amazon refunded the import deposit.mark it as gift , amazon usa doesnt put sticker of cost outside box like uk does , so customs chances are very less :)

thanks technobhatt!!

my fav series..its been a long time...i still remember the time when i used to wait eagerly for the next episode...the wait was killing.

Amazon.co.uk: Today's Deals
clint mania going on guys empty ur pockets

cint eastwood directors collection on amazon lightning deal , expect it for 10 to 12 GBP

Thanks bro. I'm really thankful to you for finding such a nice offer (would be). I'm for sure going in for Clint Eastwood Directors Collection.
It would make a great addition to my collection.

Another, 5 hours 40 minutes to go... can't wait...
I hope that the price when revealed is as said by bluraymaniac.

Took the offer on Clint Eastwood Directors Collection (5 movies box-set), revealed at GBP 17.75 and costed me after VAT adjustment and other discount GBP 18.33, which is just Rs. 330/- per movie.

A good deal in my opinion.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back