My first HT.. Thinking of Pioneer Andrew Jones AJ-5235XT

rajat.gulati

My room size is 21 by 17
Was thinking of buying Pioneer Andrew Jones AJ-5235XT, or suggest something better of similar price range.
And which Receiver will be best for AJ-523XT? Thx

My room size is 21 by 17
Was thinking of buying Pioneer Andrew Jones AJ-5235XT, or suggest something better of similar price range.
And which Receiver will be best for AJ-523XT? Thx

Hello,

The andrew jones designed series of Pioneer speakers are excellent. I have a pair of the first model that was released (sp-22... something).

For the price they are amazing. I am into high-end audio and am meticulous about setup, sound quality, and listening (yes, cables, connectors, amps all sound different).

I bought a pair of the original andrew jones speakers because they were inexpensive and had garnered some very positive press in the high-end audio world. Just had to try them. I still have them and they currently make sound for my bedroom tv.

For further confirmation Stereophile and The Absolute Sound both have given them very favorable reviews and have made both magazines lists of recommended audio bargains. You wont go wrong with them.

My recommendation for an AVR would be Marantz. Marantz gear is a bit more expensive when compared to the mass market brands but the sound quality is much better. I do recommend finding a used one. The new Marantz models are in decline after merged with Denon a few years back (and I don't recommend Denon).

Personally I have a Marantz 5008 AVR from 4 years ago and at the time I compared them the standard competitors like denon, pioneer, sony, etc.
Better than Marantz will be Arcam, Cambridge Audio. I moved up to Marantz from NAD and the Marantz was much better.

Yamaha also gets good press but I have not heard a Yamaha AVR.

Cables will also make a difference. I recommend going onto the site www.cableco.com and looking at the lower end Kimber Kable and Furutech speaker wires meant for home theator use and less expensive for long runs. This site sells DIY and finished cables. I tend to go DIY and buy cables and connectors and decent solder (kimber wonder solder). Don't buy any high-end brand speaker cables, connectors, etc from China/Hong Kong. These are all fakes.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Don't buy for 46693, it comes down to 38-40k during offers on Snapdeal.. I have seen this rate quite a few times..

I am using the same set of speakers (aj5235xt) paired with Yamaha RXV477. Both bought from Snapdeal...working brilliant and excellent quality..

I would definitely recommend this combo...

Last year there was an year end sale in hifimart which gave some good deals. Wait for that, and you may get your dream HT in some offer price

Seems AJ-5235XT is back in stock in hifimart, in case if any of you are looking for it

You may have to pair these with an AVR that can comfortably drive 6-Ohms. Most AVRs spec out details at 8 Ohms. At 6 ohms the details are missing or sketchy.
Why not look at the Pioneer VSX range of AVRs if they are in your budget? Hopefully should be a good match.

Cheers,
Raghu

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back